• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Diana The World Needs More GISS in it

Recently picked up my first GISS gun (Diana 75, 07/1980) and I'm kind of blown away by it. For starters, the opposing piston system is just wonderful. Pull the trigger and the gun BARELY flinchs to the point where I'm not even sure if the gun is moving or my trigger technique is a bit off. Secondly, and this is a big part of why I grabbed it, the stickers are just really neat. The gun seems to have quite a bit of history. It has club stickers dating back to 1985 (maybe older but the others are illegible) to a club in Germany that is still up and running. I just thought that was pretty neat.

20230820_113211.jpg
20230820_113244.jpg
20230819_162121.jpg
Screenshot_20230819-162103_Chrome.jpg

The gun handles very well as expected. This is my first attempt at a 10m sheet with this gun, standing offhand of course. I scored 98/120 which isn't great for some of you guys but for me it is haha. I'll get there!

20230820_093614.jpg

Recently picked up my first GISS gun (Diana 75, 07/1980) and I'm kind of blown away by it. For starters, the opposing piston system is just wonderful. Pull the trigger and the gun BARELY flinchs to the point where I'm not even sure if the gun is moving or my trigger technique is a bit off. Secondly, and this is a big part of why I grabbed it, the stickers are just really neat. The gun seems to have quite a bit of history. It has club stickers dating back to 1985 (maybe older but the others are illegible) to a club in Germany that is still up and running. I just thought that was pretty neat.

View attachment 382130View attachment 382131View attachment 382132View attachment 382133

The gun handles very well as expected. This is my first attempt at a 10m sheet with this gun, standing offhand of course. I scored 98/120 which isn't great for some of you guys but for me it is haha. I'll get there!

View attachment 382135
I have a Diana 6 gliss pistol and it does not move at all when fired . Off hand , nice better than i can do , i think .

That is very cool. Love the history in those stickers. I also really like the old 10 meter rifles that are still around. Great shooting as well. I doubt I’d do that well free hand.
Kenny

What really amazes me is that not only are they still around but some of them are still in such great condition. You can just tell some people really respected the tool they had in their hands

Spectacular !! put me #1 on the lst when you get bored shooting x's not 10's but X's i will buy it .

Haha I can only hope but will do!

Enjoyed my Diana 75 today, 1st year of production. Dated 08 77. Early trigger version, the Diana always performs better than me.
Happy to own and experience one.
A quick pic I took when I saw your thread.
Not the best picture. Just 2 guns cooling down before I wipe them down.
Both left handed original.
Enjoy what you have.🙂

IMG_20230820_195537.jpg

Enjoyed my Diana 75 today, 1st year of production. Dated 08 77. Early trigger version, the Diana always performs better than me.
Happy to own and experience one.
A quick pic I took when I saw your thread.
Not the best picture. Just 2 guns cooling down before I wipe them down.
Both left handed original.
Enjoy what you have.🙂

View attachment 382164
Gorgeous and in left handed! How hard did you have to look to find that??? I assume you had to sell your soul

Reactions: Spinach
A friend of mine saw it for sale in Poland.
After a couple of messages it was on its way to me.😉
Yes, I had looked for a while, patience sometimes pays off.
Last year the stars aligned.

My soul is cheap . 😉

From memory it was around 350 Euro delivered to my door. Say 350 USD.

I'm honoured to be able to enjoy the 75, enjoy yours also.👍

Reactions: Sqwirl57
the model 75 came in 2 versions the model 75 early and the model 75 TO1 later
the model 75 was the Beeman 400
main differences were the front and rear sight
the rear mount has a different profile and the model 60 and 75 Diopter will fit the early 75 but the TO1 will not take the early sights and will take the model 75 TO1 diopter and the model 100 and model 82 diopters also
front inserts are 15.9mm and are called early or old Walther and are still used on the Diana's like the 350 mag
the model 6 pistols came in 3 versions, the oldest model 6 with the full plastic frame which most will not know is very comfortable
and the 6g and 6m and both of those came in aluminum frames and then plastic
while the 6's are nice pistols, the model 10 is far superior when it comes to trigger and rear sight
so, the rub on the Giss System is that it is complicated and the real answer it is not if you understand it
the model 75 is hard to work on but not because of the Giss System but what you have to take apart to get to that part of the gun and what you have to take apart is the trigger system very complicated
the Model 6 is easy to work on if you know how but they take many tools you might not have laying around and some tools you need to make just to get the seals on
never had a 10 apart again the different trigger
so, you wonder do i own any, a few, 3-10's, 8-6's and 3-75 TO1's too many maybe LOL

the model 75 came in 2 versions the model 75 early and the model 75 TO1 later
the model 75 was the Beeman 400
main differences were the front and rear sight
the rear mount has a different profile and the model 60 and 75 Diopter will fit the early 75 but the TO1 will not take the early sights and will take the model 75 TO1 diopter and the model 100 and model 82 diopters also
front inserts are 15.9mm and are called early or old Walther and are still used on the Diana's like the 350 mag
the model 6 pistols came in 3 versions, the oldest model 6 with the full plastic frame which most will not know is very comfortable
and the 6g and 6m and both of those came in aluminum frames and then plastic
while the 6's are nice pistols, the model 10 is far superior when it comes to trigger and rear sight
so, the rub on the Giss System is that it is complicated and the real answer it is not if you understand it
the model 75 is hard to work on but not because of the Giss System but what you have to take apart to get to that part of the gun and what you have to take apart is the trigger system very complicated
the Model 6 is easy to work on if you know how but they take many tools you might not have laying around and some tools you need to make just to get the seals on
never had a 10 apart again the different trigger
so, you wonder do i own any, a few, 3-10's, 8-6's and 3-75 TO1's too many maybe LOL
The more the merrier in my books. I'm just happy to see that most of them are in good homes and being taken care of so they'll still be around for my lifetime. I got started in this game way too late so I basically have to sit back and wait for people to let the nice old ones go.

I used to have a Diana 60, fantastic guns and fortunately most people took care of them so they are still around today. The cost of manufacturing something like the Giss system vs PCP or ssp I guess doomed them to history.
Yeah they were definitely made pretty obsolete for their intended use. If Diana brought it back for a 12ftlb gun I'd be on board for one to use in FT. I doubt there would be many people on board for it though. I can't imagine it would be cheap.

Reactions: Singleshot
guys some advice on the model 6-6g-6m
if the seller has no knowledge of the pistol being rebuilt and the screws on the gear covers on the G and M show no marks, they more then likely have not been rebuilt and if you cannot do it yourself, it will cost 150.00 to 200.00 with shipping give or take
now everyone and their uncle think these are made of gold and are priced that way and if you buy one at a high price and have to rebuild it you are far under water
oh sure you have the pistol but at what cost
wood grips, the made wood panels for these, simple grips but you will see few if any
the old brown plastic grips are getting very old and if they show signs of any damage around the edges, the plastic has went to crap and your fingernail can scrap the plastic apart and no more brown grips and the black ones are almost impossible to find
the wood target grips are what you want but be aware they are on the small side but then again my hand is 105mm wide
and the target grips has always added 80 bucks to the pistol in my opinion and impossible to find
if you need grips Vernon Austin makes grip for the 5 and 6's
model 10's are rarely seen, they were Beeman model 900and Hy-Score 819ms
here is the Diana cross reference
now i could write and write and write but i will not
but one other note parts are a bitch plain and simple and the best place is Waffencenter Gotha in Germany you would talk to Enrico but the shipping is brutal and i would never put in any seals that are not factory spec, if you use the oversized red seals you are screwed and those are at ARH, sizing once on the geared piston is a PITA

too much info keep what you what
SAM_0521.JPG