THE WINNERS GUN. (e b r) HE WAS USING

"DLFant"I came in fourth. I used the FX Boss in 30 Cal. 50gr JSB pellets. Scored 231 with 6x's on day 1.
242 9 X's Day 2, ending up in first going in to the finals. Both days we had tail and cross winds about 10 to 15 mph.
In the finals I drew bench 38 next to the berm we had a 25+ mph head wind that would shift the wind flags violently from all the way left to all the right in less than a second, then back again. I scored 199 I told someone it was like shooting in the swirling vortex of death, earlier during practice it completely blew down one of my flags and broke it. . Shane Keller came in first and I believe he was shooting a 25 cal Crown. Matt Dauber in second was using a impact in 25. Don't know what the 3rd place was shooting. I don't think the particular gun had as much to do with it in the finals as did guessing the wind shift, once I shot 9-9-8-5 then 9-8-9-6. I hope this helps.
That is a LOT of wind to contend with. I didn't pay attention Saturday but Sunday afternoon I watched as the wind picked up and was wondering how bad it was up in Phoenix. I'm 2 hours south.

I don't know which lane Irwin was in, but we had silly strong head wind, which meant that any lane the left or right of the center 10 lanes, would be an absolute bear to shoot in. Not trying to take away anything from anyone, they where the elite during qualifying so much kudos to all the finalists. 
I am just pointing out that conditions was such it highly favored the center lanes.

It is interesting that so much attention has been paid to the Impact and the Crown, when the "unsung" gun that always seems to do well at EBR is the FX Boss/Bobcat (same action, same barrel, pretty much same gun, different configuration). For the past three years, in the Sportsman Class (where the competitors have to buy their own equipment and are not sponsored), the Boss/Bobcat has finished at the top in the finals 24 out of 55 places. I'm not saying that everyone in the Pro Class is sponsored, or has had a gun provided to them, but many do. So, I used the Sportsman Class results as an "everyman" type statistic. The Boss/Bobcat has also done well in the Pro Class...

EBR past three years, Sportsman Class Finals, number of FX Boss/Bobcat competitors:
2017 - 7 of 20
2016 - 10 of 20
2015 - 7 of 15