• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

THE WINNERS GUN. (e b r) HE WAS USING

I am sure the winners gun is gonna a lot of attention on what he used and his setup. But let's face it, IT AIN'T THE GUN!!!! Throughout history most of the well known snipers has used different guns. Not all of them liked the same guns. Heck Carlos hathcock used a m2 Browning machine gun once .50 cal one shot. Back in his era that was retarded. Just imagine what he could do with today's technology. Let's face it, it's the man behind the gun that makes it all work. My bet is that you give the good shooters time with a simple marauder and they could beat most people with a raw, fx, crown, or thomas.
Great job guys on doing your best at the ebr. Wish they would broadcast the thing on tv.

Reactions: JamesD.
"Rey"I am sure the winners gun is gonna a lot of attention on what he used and his setup. But let's face it, IT AIN'T THE GUN!!!! Throughout history most of the well known snipers has used different guns. Not all of them liked the same guns. Heck Carlos hathcock used a m2 Browning machine gun once .50 cal one shot. Back in his era that was retarded. Just imagine what he could do with today's technology. Let's face it, it's the man behind the gun that makes it all work. My bet is that you give the good shooters time with a simple marauder and they could beat most people with a raw, fx, crown, or thomas.
Great job guys on doing your best at the ebr. Wish they would broadcast the thing on tv.
I agree with this here. Guns are only as accurate as they can be shot by the shooter. Congrats to all who won!

a better gun and better pellets and better scope and better rest will make any shooter better.
​if it was just all down to the shooter we could all save our selves a lot mf money,
ive been air gunning now for well over 30 years and put in years of target shooting with many
low end guns as well as top end guns.
​but yet the first day of takeing my raw bm500 with thimble out of the box I shot better scores with this rifle from that day on.
a high end gone worked over to be a better gun will always be a better gun,
so will a cheap gun if worked over..
id rather have a top end gun and all the little flaws worked out for a comp
​than a low end gun with all the flaws worked out.

​for example my daystate airwolf is pitiful compared to my raw
​so are all my other high and low end guns.
​ive had them all for years and years but the raw beat them all out on the first day I owned it.

don't get me rong I love my other guns. never part with them.
but for accuracy ..yes the raw..

​but I just didn't know what gun or pellet the winner used for the comp.
and I didn't know that,.

thanks guys j

Reactions: MoeHofer
I came in fourth. I used the FX Boss in 30 Cal. 50gr JSB pellets. Scored 231 with 6x's on day 1.
242 9 X's Day 2, ending up in first going in to the finals. Both days we had tail and cross winds about 10 to 15 mph.
In the finals I drew bench 38 next to the berm we had a 25+ mph head wind that would shift the wind flags violently from all the way left to all the right in less than a second, then back again. I scored 199 I told someone it was like shooting in the swirling vortex of death, earlier during practice it completely blew down one of my flags and broke it. . Shane Keller came in first and I believe he was shooting a 25 cal Crown. Matt Dauber in second was using a impact in 25. Don't know what the 3rd place was shooting. I don't think the particular gun had as much to do with it in the finals as did guessing the wind shift, once I shot 9-9-8-5 then 9-8-9-6. I hope this helps.

Reactions: CampFussell
"DLFant"I came in fourth. I used the FX Boss in 30 Cal. 50gr JSB pellets. Scored 231 with 6x's on day 1.
242 9 X's Day 2, ending up in first going in to the finals. Both days we had tail and cross winds about 10 to 15 mph.
In the finals I drew bench 38 next to the berm we had a 25+ mph head wind that would shift the wind flags violently from all the way left to all the right in less than a second, then back again. I scored 199 I told someone it was like shooting in the swirling vortex of death, earlier during practice it completely blew down one of my flags and broke it. . Shane Keller came in first and I believe he was shooting a 25 cal Crown. Matt Dauber in second was using a impact in 25. Don't know what the 3rd place was shooting. I don't think the particular gun had as much to do with it in the finals as did guessing the wind shift, once I shot 9-9-8-5 then 9-8-9-6. I hope this helps.
Thanks for that great update Donne. Sure hated to see you and Ted get set back after such a strong start! You made that Boss look good!

Fuss