The winner of SiMWA Memorial Day 2019 is...

Well, I'll be DARNED. I've never won anything in my life, and I have to admit that it's hard to believe I actually won this! I'll believe it when I see it! Thanks for your notes guys. I have been retired for 7 years now. I really enjoyed my career at the Berkeley Fire Department and don't feel like I deserve any praise for it since I really enjoyed it...but thanks again anyway! And thank you to the sponsors of this prize and Mike and Steve! (If this is for real, ha ha).

Bob

Congrats Lieutenant, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with this great gun and all the goodies that came with it. When you get everything set up the way you want it, please post some pictures and shooting results. Thank you for being the kind of guy who not only cares but serves. I caught on fire once with 9,000 gallons of gasoline on my truck (relay valve stuck on rear brakes) … Highway Patrol came over the CB and I explained what was happening … he said "don't stop, keep the flames in the wind ... away from the tank, get behind me and I'll throw the bubblegum machine on to keep traffic clear" and he did that ...through about 15 stop lights … and he called ahead to the Monroe FD and had 2 firetrucks waiting on me when I got there. They told me to roll my window up and I didn't even have the truck completely stopped before they were throwing tons of water at that rear axle and tires.

Yeah buddy … you fire people earn every last red cent they pay yall and sometimes it just seems like saying "thank you" ain't quite enough for all the risks you take on … but what more can I do than to thank you for your service and thank you for my life.

Shalom aleichem

John

I posted this over at the AEAC site on Facebook and thought I'd post it here too.

Holy SMOKES you guys! I cannot thank you enough! I still am baffled by your generosity. I originally thought it was all sponsored by the industry (which is still really nice), (well, actually, I ORIGINALLY thought it was a joke or a scam!😕) But then I re-listened to the video and realized that you guys spent your own hard earned money, and it isn't a joke! So thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! I'm amazed and grateful and humbled! I also want to say thanks to Airguns of Arizona for the Aztec Optics Emerald scope and rings, as well as Fx for the DonnyFl moderator! I have the Tanto moderator on my Gauntlet and really like it. I've been doing little else today other than calling my friends and telling them about my early Birthday gift! When I shoot it, I'll definitely post some pics of my results. I honestly don't deserve this. I fully enjoyed my career as a firefighter (27 years at Berkeley Fire) so don't feel like I was sacrificing. But, regardless, thank you again! Oh, and I guess I should tell you the whole story. about a month ago, I was at the gym and overheard a handball player named Pete talking about shooting airguns. Well, I had been a long time viewer of Ted's (Holdover Ted) videos on YouTube so my ears perked up. I got to know Pete and bought his Gauntlet from him and am getting to know him better. He found out that I was a retired firefighter so he told me about the contest at Airgun Nation. I had never heard of Airgun Nation (even though I love shooting) so I went and joined and entered the contest cuz, why not? Then I completely forgot about the contest while I stayed on the forum learning as much as I could about compressors, Gauntlets and shooting (still at it). So, this morning, when I opened up the email, I was stunned. At first I thought "no way" and started looking for the scam. I thought, ok, I "won" something, but it sure isn't that sweet Fx airgun set up. So, a month ago, I was shooting a Benjamin Trail, and now I'm going to be shooting an Fx! Not in my wildest dreams! Sorry for the long write up. Can you tell I'm excited? Now, I have a whole bunch to learn about how to properly operate this beast of an air rifle! Thanks again Guys! Bob Humphrey

My profound thanks to Steve and to Michael for initiating this tribute by way of this drawing. I feel like I won, We all won simply by being honored. The veterans, fire fighters, police, those serving now and all the rest who went to their jobs ready to sacrifice what it took to save lives and freedoms. Sure beats hearing someone yell out Baby killer in the airport 1st step on U.S. soil. THANKS!!!