• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Walk In The Field Rifles You Trust (2)

The in the "field' rifle can be a prized blue metal finished rifle like so many today. 

In the HW35E "Silver Look" the "bluing" is no longer there at all. What is there is a coat of nickel thinner than the nickel finished SWs in 19 or 27 or 29 in those days. The finish is embedded even in the air chamber and bore. The joints are all nickle and have about 90% less "wear" and "feel" of wear; holding the original brand new gun into brand new gun original that actually gets faster and easier in thousands of rounds.

Compare this to blued bores and joint surfaces and you'll NEED lubrication of some sort to keep the joints fluid.

You really never have to oil the joints on the Silver E HW35s and if you do take them into the field that is rainy or wet or snow you'll be glad it isn't your real prized and expensive BLUE version!

The in the "field' rifle can be a prized blue metal finished rifle like so many today. 

In the HW35E "Silver Look" the "bluing" is no longer there at all. What is there is a coat of nickel thinner than the nickel finished SWs in 19 or 27 or 29 in those days. The finish is embedded even in the air chamber and bore. The joints are all nickle and have about 90% less "wear" and "feel" of wear; holding the original brand new gun into brand new gun original that actually gets faster and easier in thousands of rounds.

Compare this to blued bores and joint surfaces and you'll NEED lubrication of some sort to keep the joints fluid.

You really never have to oil the joints on the Silver E HW35s and if you do take them into the field that is rainy or wet or snow you'll be glad it isn't your real prized and expensive BLUE version!

You do realize that there is a steel shim washer between the breech block and forks, the pivot bolt is still plain blued steel, and they are greased at the factory right? 

Faster in thousands of rounds? And a blued one doesn't? 

What?

You do realize that there is a steel shim washer between the breech block and forks, the pivot bolt is still plain blued steel, and they are greased at the factory right? 

Faster in thousands of rounds? And a blued one doesn't? 

What?

I'm working it in on this wonderful day in Panama! (I'm not there now but the weather is the same as I remember it in the 25th IN (LIGHT) Division!

Yeah and when I was 4 years old I lived in Oahu two different places near Diamond Head and Sandy Beach.

That is the weather here! So when this stainless looking rifle of HW35 and Walnut came I felt how appropriate. The oldest HW35E I have is the Silver .177.

Now the newest and last of the collection is the Silver .22.

And now....with a .22 instead of a tiny wandering .177 light pellet I can shoot 25 open sights with a .22 better than the HW50 .22 I had released to a fine young fellow!

So the new .22 "USA" serial number etc that is in Silver feels already like it had been tuned and broken in out of the box.

But the last few shots I just took sent the pellets faster and smoother to point of aim and the rifle is already silent out of the box.

No mufflers needed here when your HW35 E is in .22!!!!!!! This is silent even in the compression chamber during firing inside a house with my wife in the next room not hearing a thing!

So: ADD the HW35E .22 to your list of trusty rifles at the very least---and if you never got Silver get it anyway and say goodbye to BLUE.