The Unending Pursuit of Excellence

In my opinion, air guns really have their place in the .177, .20, and .22 calibers. 900fps is the edge of the practical velocity, and for most use cases pellets more than suffice. Even have their advantages over slugs. So we're talking u to 30fpe and under in most cases. The old barrels shoot more than excellent. If you can tune a gun you don't need a harmonic tuner. You don't need gobs of power. Unless you just HAVE to use an airgun at those power levels. All of my airguns are currently configured at 32fpe or under. Most falling in the ~10fpe range give or take. The liner sleeve is nice, and cheap, too. So, I could see that being viable, but again not really needed. Sure, options are good. But for me, if I just HAVE to use slugs. 50fpe in .22 (I can go higher) or 90fpe in .30 is plenty sufficient. My gen 1 crown does this without any crazy mods or expensive add-ons. %99 of the time, I shoot it somewhere in the 15-20fpe range, though. Airguns are nice IMO because they can shoot very effectively at such low power levels.

If shooting pellets only the carbon fiber liner sleeve is all that’s needed, and like LG Dallas stated, even that is just optional. Words to me from a tech well known in the community, a bored out rear block is not what you want if shooting pellets and seeking utmost accuracy, as I looked into doing that mod awhile back.

the tensioned barrel I got the idea from biohazard and instead of carbon fiber, I had parts custom made awhile back for the 700 and 600 barrels. Even designed them to allow the valve knob to move further out w/o running into the shroud. Here it is tucked away hidden by the impacts scope rail-

EB352750-782A-4C86-A255-F661FE04DD07.1651427543.jpeg

Undergoing testing currently. I think this, combined with the bottle to shroud clamps I always use, will give me the accuracy I seek

My point with all this is to show that there are other means and methods to achieve the same results, all depending on what you seek out of your impacts platform-