The Umarex Legends M3A1 "Grease Gun" Replica Is (Finally!) Here!

Just got the new Umarex Legends M3A1 "Grease Gun" CO2/BB replica after a wait of over a year (not the vendor's fault). Long story short: It is everything I expected/hoped for, and more besides. Replication is stunning. Functioning is perfect and accuracy is quite good. I couldn't be happier! :D

Couple quick pics below. Will write a detailed review if there seems to be any interest. Any questions, feel free to ask.

P1010032.JPG

P1010035.JPG

P1010036.JPG

OK, I kinda figured that. So it basically holds two CO2's and has a spring fed BB magazine as one integral unit.
Yes. BTW, if you don't know this, all three of the Umarex 2-cartridge submachine guns will run just fine with one, and one empty to fill the space. Power's not reduced, either; you just get half as many shots. I got 104 shots out of one cartridge in the M3A1. That's about what I get from the other two, as well.

Reactions: badger5th
Yes. BTW, if you don't know this, all three of the Umarex 2-cartridge submachine guns will run just fine with one, and one empty to fill the space. Power's not reduced, either; you just get half as many shots. I got 104 shots out of one cartridge in the M3A1. That's about what I get from the other two, as well.
Over 100 BB's from one CO2 is pretty good. I never kept track with the MP40, mostly full auto and I notice the gas drop off pretty quick.

Over 100 BB's from one CO2 is pretty good. I never kept track with the MP40, mostly full auto and I notice the gas drop off pretty quick.
I've never noticed any great gas dropoff when shooting. I mainly shoot bursts of 4-6 rounds with a few seconds between each. Then, of course, when the mag is empty there's a break of a few minutes while I run upstairs and refill the BBs (I've found this is easiest to do at the dining room table, for some reason). I did notice yesterday with the M3A1 was that as I got to the end of the cartridge, the gun stopped firing full-auto at around round 98, but it did kick the last six out semi-auto.

Just got the new Umarex Legends M3A1 "Grease Gun" CO2/BB replica after a wait of over a year (not the vendor's fault). Long story short: It is everything I expected/hoped for, and more besides. Replication is stunning. Functioning is perfect and accuracy is quite good. I couldn't be happier! :D

Couple quick pics below. Will write a detailed review if there seems to be any interest. Any questions, feel free to ask.

View attachment 308723

View attachment 308724

View attachment 308725
I've never noticed any great gas dropoff when shooting. I mainly shoot bursts of 4-6 rounds with a few seconds between each. Then, of course, when the mag is empty there's a break of a few minutes while I run upstairs and refill the BBs (I've found this is easiest to do at the dining room table, for some reason). I did notice yesterday with the M3A1 was that as I got to the end of the cartridge, the gun stopped firing full-auto at around round 98, but it did kick the last six out semi-auto.

Nice assessment Snake ! I received mine after a lengthy wait and delays and was NOT disappointed. I carried the M3A1 during my ARMY stint (74-78) as a tank crewman/TC both in Germany and Korea. I loved that subgun as crude but effective as it was. In early 2000, I purchased a new Hudson Industries Airsoft M3A1 powered by ‘green gas’ and was delighted to get that ‘mutt’ back in my mits ! It was made in Japan and it shipped with Japanese instructions only ! Years later when I read that UMAREX was projecting an all metal M3A1, I immediately got on the list. Glad I did. Couldn’t be happier! It looks and feels almost exactly as the real deal . In a long way around the bush, I’m seeking the elusive ‘flash hider’ for this great replica. I kept my original issue sling for the grease gun, but to round out my M3A1, I’d love to purchase either an original or good replica of this flash hider.could anyone steer me to a site listing these … or maybe you have one you’d part with(?).
Thanks for your attention and suffering my lengthy post !👍

Same general design, but they're not interchangeable. Mag also isn't interchangeable with the Thompson.
Snake45 - I have both (actually 3; M1A1, MP-40 and M3A1 Grease gun) The clip of the MP-40 will sort of fit into the M3 but it is a little off. There is a space of about 1/2 inch at the back of the the clip and inserting and releasing the clip in not smooth. For myself I will not risk damaging the M3 gun or my MP-40 clip by actually firing the MP-40 clip in the M3 grease gun. It is just too much risk. Besides the manufacturer warns against it.

I like to keep the slings and carry bags as close as I can to the original WWII carry bags. (With modifications). I did make adjustable slings(s) one kaki and one olive drab so I can carry the M3 with a thick coat or just a shirt.
The clips are longer than the any other clips from UMAREX (M1A1 Thompson or MP-40) replica bags WWII or clip bags so I had to extend the top straps length's in the clip bags in the belt bag and the carry bag (just the clips on belt). Anyway take a look at the pictures below and let me know what you think.

0117231112.jpg

0117231119b.jpg

0119231742a.jpg

0119231743a.jpg

0119231745.jpg

0117231119.jpg

Reactions: Deadeye Dick
The
I was unaware things like these existed. Where do you get them, and at what cost?
The slings I made with 1" heavy duty kaki or olive drab cotton webbing, The clip pouches are available at replica WWII sites I will have to look them up. The "M3 canvas Bag", I think I bought of of Amazon I am not sure it comes with 4 clip pouches you see on the pictures. I believe the M3 bag cost me around $65.00.
However clip pouches were too short as the Umarex M3 clips are very long so, I had to make top clip holder straps myself. I bought them off of a replica WWII company. I would have to look them up for you for the company and procing I used kaki 2" heavy duty cotton strapping I bought of of Amazon and used the "Lift Dot connectors & Posts" that came on the original clip pouches.
I will check my records and post later on in the week.

The

The slings I made with 1" heavy duty kaki or olive drab cotton webbing, The clip pouches are available at replica WWII sites I will have to look them up. The "M3 canvas Bag", I think I bought of Amazon I am not sure, it comes with 4 clip pouches you see on the pictures. I believe the M3 bag cost me around $65.00.
However clip pouches were too short as the Umarex M3 clips are very long so, I had to make top clip holder straps myself. I bought the clip pouches off of a replica WWII company. I would have to look them up for you for the company and procing I used kaki 2" heavy duty cotton strapping I bought of of Amazon and used the "Lift Dot connectors & Posts" that came on the original clip pouches.
I will check my records and post later on in the week.

Reactions: Deadeye Dick