The Umarex Hamner is Real and its Here!!

Now if it could just expell a huge cloud of smoke when it goes off. Ahhh,those were the days. I assume you will be able to get extra air bottles for it ? The .510 cal. Is that a custom size caliber? I don't recall my 50cal muzzle loaders being that size. So you would have to buy their exclusive ammo or have custom molds ,"which ain't cheap" made. Or pay to have someone make the custom size ammo for the purpose you intend to use it for. I saw only 1 kind of bullet, a sabot round with no specs,on the Umarex site. Did they farm out the ammo making to be produced to NSA or similar company?

https://leadfistslugs.com/shop?olsPage=products%2F50-cal510-hammer-time-360-grain - here are some slugs for that caliber

30 for 19.99

Also I believe that 500 nitro express is .510”

Let's see, we've been waiting for over 2 years for first delivery? I hope the wait was worth it. Personally, I'd go for a Texan for a few bucks more. There's a number of large caliber variants with different barrel lengths, calibers, and moderators. The hammer seems to be kind of a one horse show. If it fits your needs, fine. If not, you need to look elsewhere. And it still shows our of stock on PA, UAG doesn't even show the gun

I'll believe deliveries are happening when I hear people receiving the guns. Too many false alarms along the way on this one.

It's too bad they let all their competitors (AirForce and Hatsan) catch up. I wonder how much besides price has changed? Is it regulated? I'd rather have two perfectly the same unregulated shot than three regulated. A 250 bar fill with two shots is better than a 300 bar with three shots.

You're kidding right? I can't speak for Hatsan, but there are videos on YouTube of guys shooting the Texan back in 2017. The Hammer hadn't even been leaked out in 2017. The Texan was operational AND killing game then. Also, that Umarex isn't good for long range. The Texan's are excellent at 200+ yard shots. The only plus of the Umarex is it's regulated. There are aftermarket regs for the Texan, but AF has never regulated any of their rifles (which vexes the CRAP out of me since I own one). I own an aftermarket reg that works fine for what I use it for.

I know guys like the Umarex Gauntlet because of the price point. But it's a $300 PCP that's manufactured in China. It probably cost Umarex $30 to manufacture. It has very loose tolerances and I don't think they will hold up long term like a higher end PCP will. I don't think the Hammer is any different. Within 50 yards, it's a pile driver. No question. But beyond that, I don't think you stand a chance. If most of your hunting is within 50 yards, you will probably he happy.

But to say that Umarex let AF "catch up" is flat out wrong. It was Umarex that copied AF into the big bore world, as they saw the market and increased interest and popularity for the rifles.

It's funny how "many" now claim to have the Hammer and yet no numbers. Will it deliver three shots @700fpe or even just one?

The Texan 50 cal. will do 800fpe+ and will do over 700fpe with any bullet above 420grain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HELPlLzr7A

1581842534_3666338225e490066106aa1.50466480_MrHp heavy bullets data PD maxed out.jpg

It's too bad they let all their competitors (AirForce and Hatsan) catch up. I wonder how much besides price has changed? Is it regulated? I'd rather have two perfectly the same unregulated shot than three regulated. A 250 bar fill with two shots is better than a 300 bar with three shots.

You're kidding right? I can't speak for Hatsan, but there are videos on YouTube of guys shooting the Texan back in 2017. The Hammer hadn't even been leaked out in 2017. The Texan was operational AND killing game then. Also, that Umarex isn't good for long range. The Texan's are excellent at 200+ yard shots. The only plus of the Umarex is it's regulated. There are aftermarket regs for the Texan, but AF has never regulated any of their rifles (which vexes the CRAP out of me since I own one). I own an aftermarket reg that works fine for what I use it for.

I know guys like the Umarex Gauntlet because of the price point. But it's a $300 PCP that's manufactured in China. It probably cost Umarex $30 to manufacture. It has very loose tolerances and I don't think they will hold up long term like a higher end PCP will. I don't think the Hammer is any different. Within 50 yards, it's a pile driver. No question. But beyond that, I don't think you stand a chance. If most of your hunting is within 50 yards, you will probably he happy.

But to say that Umarex let AF "catch up" is flat out wrong. It was Umarex that copied AF into the big bore world, as they saw the market and increased interest and popularity for the rifles.

I'm talking about the Hammer being a 50cal with +700FPE and a Production air rifle. The Hammer was supposed to be the first to do that! It was not produced for several years like Umerex said it would be. The reason was...hmm....not sure? Now, Hatsan and AirForce both have a .50 and +700 FPE, production air rifle with even more impressive specs. Unlike Umerex those companies will be more likely to deliver on time.

I'll be buying a .50 Texan before a .50cal Hammer now. So, I stand by my comments that Umerex screwed up and let their competition catch up.