The ultimate "off limits topic: airguns,and CREDIT CARDS!"

"sonny"who was it who said "ill gladly pay you thursday for a hamberger today"
Wimpy on Popeye.

Both of my air rifles were put on a CC, but the balance was paid in full when the bill came. Same thing with the hot rod, I worked and saved money for parts, then ordered the parts with the CC and paid in full when the bill came. Looking back at what the last engine cost to build air rifles are pretty cheap entertainment. lol

Yeah an airgun addiction is piddly as hell. I'm in the Marine Repair and fishing business, so compared to bass fishing .... this hobby is incredibly affordable.
Most carry 11-14 rods in the boat and each one is more expensive than a good air rifle. A whole tin of pellets can be bought for the price of a single Whopper-Plopper.
And let's discuss that boat that you paid more for than your house.

Would I put an airgun on my credit card? Hell yes, as long as my wife keeps buying shoes I'm not even giving it a second thought. You only live once.
When I'm on my death bed the last thing I'm going to be concerned about is my Credit Score.

"1BadDart"
"sonny"who was it who said "ill gladly pay you thursday for a hamberger today"
Wimpy on Popeye.
Both of my air rifles were put on a CC, but the balance was paid in full when the bill came. Same thing with the hot rod, I worked and saved money for parts, then ordered the parts with the CC and paid in full when the bill came. Looking back at what the last engine cost to build air rifles are pretty cheap entertainment. lol
I just had a 5.0 short block built last summer and I went cheap and it still was 3200.00 bucks and another almost 2K for heads and intake so I know what your saying and won’t get into the 1k for my turbo hot side and 1600.00for the turbo and plumbing hahaha yep it’s not cheap.

I have a specific credit card for any thing shooting wise a couple of years ago I lost a fair few pounds when I’d paid up front for a rifle to be made the shop went belly up. Now it credit card only paid off every month.

If is see some thing I want and know I can afford it I will buy it i I can not I will not. This morning I was holding a S510 ultimate sporter in a custom GRS rifle stock beautiful and by Lord I want it. How ever it’s been a bad month car tax insurance,new washing machine,new shower etc etc.

Do I need the rifle nope I’ve get way to many as it is how ever I collect them and not owning this particular one will now eat me up having seen it. So come the 27th I’ll stick a small deposit on it and pick it up on the 31st Jan.

Who cares, individual prerogative and responsibility. CC does give you some recourse if an issue arises as well, as convenience in shopping and possible cash back on purchase.

Personally, i haven't paid interest on any credit card.

Death Taxes and Interest.

I can't really control having to pay taxes, limit them yes, death can't really control that either.

But no interest.

The trick is to control the credit card and don't let it control you. Pay it off every month ensures it works for you, and not you for it (or the issuing financial institution!). Credit cards are great tools, but as anyone with a shop knows, a tool that's out of control can injure you in a heartbeat. A tool that is under control can help you do whatever you want to accomplish. Just keep it under control and life is good!

Having credit can be either good or bad. For example: Lets say you have $1000 line of credit. Depending on when your credit score is checked as it relates to how much money you put on credit can either hurt you or help you. Having $100 or $900 consistently every month is actually bad for you, and so is having a zero balance owed every month meaning you pay off your credit card every month. How can that be? Well, the $100 balance tells the bank they won't make much money off you. The $900 balance tells the bank you are might be in trouble even though they are making a killing from you. In either case, the $100 and the $900 equals a low credit score. Another credit score factor is your past history on payment and late fees. The best way for good credit (in my opinion) is to play it right in the middle (try not to put more 70% of your line of credit) and to always try to pay double your monthly fee and to never have a late charge. If you can show the bank you have a good history of putting $600 on a $1000 line of credit, and it takes you a few months to pay it off, you will have a great credit score and bank could increase your line of credit. But if it takes you several years to pay off a $900 with numerous late fees, this will equal a very low credit score and the bank could lower your line of credit. To what every has said, its all about self control and being smart with your money.

"wyshadow"Having credit can be either good or bad. For example: Lets say you have $1000 line of credit. Depending on when your credit score is checked as it relates to how much money you put on credit can either hurt you or help you. Having $100 or $900 consistently every month is actually bad for you, and so is having a zero balance owed every month meaning you pay off your credit card every month. How can that be? Well, the $100 balance tells the bank they won't make much money off you. The $900 balance tells the bank you are might be in trouble even though they are making a killing from you. In either case, the $100 and the $900 equals a low credit score. Another credit score factor is your past history on payment and late fees. The best way for good credit (in my opinion) is to play it right in the middle (try not to put more 70% of your line of credit) and to always try to pay double your monthly fee and to never have a late charge. If you can show the bank you have a good history of putting $600 on a $1000 line of credit, and it takes you a few months to pay it off, you will have a great credit score and bank could increase your line of credit. But if it takes you several years to pay off a $900 with numerous late fees, this will equal a very low credit score and the bank could lower your line of credit. To what every has said, its all about self control and being smart with your money.
Actually, credit scores aren't calculated that way anymore. I wish it was that simple. The Feds stepped in a number of years ago to standardize the calculation. One reason scores seem so screwy.

Good resource is: https://www.myfico.com/credit-education/whats-in-your-credit-score/

For the most part, the components are:
30% Amounts owed (how much credit do I have vs how much do I really owe.)
35% Payment History - are your payments on time?
15% Length of credit history - 1 year or 30 years, it makes a difference
10% Credit mix - credit cards, mortgages, installment loans like cars, and such
10% New Credit - did you open lots of new accounts recently

There are formulas within the categories and I suspect sub-categories with that.

I think the real point is don't overextend yourself with credit. Keep some powder dry at all times in case of emergency and if you want the ability to buy that next toy.