The true cost of owning a PCP

The true cost of owning my 4 PCPs, compressor, SCBAs, fill stations, etc., is never revealed to my significant other, she would be shocked at the actual costs. I love my PCPs the accuracy and convenience of shooting a lot has spoiled me. In it for the long haul as I love to shoot.

The true nightmare is that the wife sells your toys at the price you said to her you pay for them.

😂😂😂😂 that would be a just reward for the deed me thinks.

Ah yes, the true cost of a hobby. Yup, I've spent boatloads, justified by saying, but pellets are 4 cents and a bullet isn't even available or I refuse to spend $1.00 a round to go shooting. Lets see, all I need to shoot precision 100 yard is a $2000 gun, $1000 scope, compressor, tanks, and all the other stuff. Yeah, it really costs $2 or $3 per shot even for pellets when you figure in all the rest of the support system.

Oh well, who cares anyway? I'm going to shoot, so why not something that doesn't hurt (recoil) and is gets you so many strange looks at the range. Not to mention I can outshoot the PB's just about any day!

Great but expensive hobby!

Ah yes, the true cost of a hobby. Yup, I've spent boatloads, justified by saying, but pellets are 4 cents and a bullet isn't even available or I refuse to spend $1.00 a round to go shooting. Lets see, all I need to shoot precision 100 yard is a $2000 gun, $1000 scope, compressor, tanks, and all the other stuff. Yeah, it really costs $2 or $3 per shot even for pellets when you figure in all the rest of the support system.

Oh well, who cares anyway? I'm going to shoot, so why not something that doesn't hurt (recoil) and is gets you so many strange looks at the range. Not to mention I can outshoot the PB's just about any day!

Great but expensive hobby!

Good overall view IMO. Expensive is, like many things, relative to many factors from specific numbers to nebulous personal factors. And it seems like my nebulous factors are getting progressively more nebulous with age. If you know what I mean.

The true nightmare is that the wife sells your toys at the price you said to her you pay for them.

What?

- You wife doesn't shoot and doesn't have her own PCP ?

Many year ago I gave her as Christmas present a compound bow.... It became a reference of conversation among relatives and friends.

Never again shall I try her to like what are my preferences and not hers.

The true cost of owning my 4 PCPs, compressor, SCBAs, fill stations, etc., is never revealed to my significant other, she would be shocked at the actual costs. I love my PCPs the accuracy and convenience of shooting a lot has spoiled me. In it for the long haul as I love to shoot.

1f602.svg
1f602.svg
1f602.svg
1f602.svg
that would be a just reward for the deed me thinks.

Not against some other shooters getting a good deal after I’m gone.😊

Start with nothing but an AV .25 Avenger on the waitlist. Buy the recommended cheap ebay 4500psi pump whilst waiting.

Get impatient and through a series of unspeakable events, end up getting a Benjamin Akela .22 before the AVA ever shows up. Lovely, but not quite right.

Sell the Akela, then sell the Avenger. Have money in the account again.

BUT WAIT - Now let's buy a .30 Uragan from Charlie at Georgia Airguns. Add in the Donny FL Sumo. Try to order .30 pellets (from a different source) at the same time.

Get 2 tins delivered. Been 6 weeks otherwise (Thanks no thanks Pyramyd)

Don't forget the AV Nomad II compressor. Might deliver next week??

Ignoring everything else, the cost of the Uragan from Charlie at Georgia Airguns, plus AV Nomad II compressor and that's $2,500.00

Haven't included glass, or bipod, targets, etc.

And my wife thinks my convertible is expensive to maintain....

Many year ago I gave her as Christmas present a compound bow.... It became a reference of conversation among relatives and friends.

Well, if she didn't ask for it and didn't get to chose it... It's like her buying you a new overlock sewing machine... Yeah, it's a fun thing to have, but if you're not interested in being a mat-tech... it can lead to some tensions.

I guess I'll count my blessing. She actually enjoy shooting, and motorcycles, and archery 💏 and I'm more than happy to subsidize any of those activities.

Well, if she didn't ask for it and didn't get to chose it... It's like her buying you a new overlock sewing machine... Yeah, it's a fun thing to have, but if you're not interested in being a mat-tech... it can lead to some tensions.

I guess I'll count my blessing. She actually enjoy shooting, and motorcycles, and archery 💏 and I'm more than happy to subsidize any of those activities.

Believe it ot not, some years ago I went to Costco with my wife and sons, and there were a Singer Sewing Machine stand demostrating the sewing machine with electronics.

Immediatelly foresee the potential and bought one. My wife and my sons authomaticallly told me I was crazy.

Over the time I have been able to make many cases for my rifles, hunting best´s, hunting bags, table cloths for my wife... I can tell you that knowin how to use a sewing machine is as usefull as my drills and electric screw drivers.

It was a good decisition!!!.... 

The pinacle of the tools, in my oppinion, is the torn... Beeing able to have a big one and learning how to use it, ought to open you MANY creative possibilities.

It was a good decisition!!!.... 

The pinacle of the tools, in my oppinion, is the torn... Beeing able to have a big one and learning how to use it, ought to open you MANY creative possibilities.

Ok, you got me curious... the French-Canadian guy in me doesn't have a clue what a "torn" is supposed to be 
1f440.svg
never mind using it.

IMG_20210401_142320356_HDR.1620083910.jpg

This is a small one.

I don't think I will ever come close to spending as much on my PCPs and support equipment as I spent on my pontoon boat that sits at my dock most of the time. I get more fun and enjoyment out of the PCPs.

I don't have a wife currently so I don't have to discuss my purchases with anybody. I just spread out the purchases to maximize my enjoyment and so I don't get overwhelmed. I got the first PCP last year (Prod), the second earlier this year (25 Avenger) and I am working on getting my compressor (Yong Heng) hooked to my SCBA tank currently. When that is done I'll start thinking of another PCP (probably a FX dreamline). I may buy another scope first. I also want to get some more transfer ports for the Prod and may order them today. I didn't test higher hammer spring force with the stock port properly before I drilled it out. I still need to test the Avenger at longer range (50-100 yards) to finalize my pellet choice for it. But I want the tank filled when I go to do this. Waiting on the valve setup at the moment.

I used to have to play golf occasionally for business but not that I am retired I don't have to play golf any more. It can be quite expensive, especially if you like nice clubs. Greens fees are not cheap, would buy a bunch of pellets.

Lots of ways to enjoy air rifles. I had two pump ups for years before getting into PCPs. My son has a springer I am looking forward to helping him sight in and test. PCPs definitely cost more but I really like my Avenger and it and a handpump could easily be had for less than $500. Doesn't have to be terribly expensive. Compressors and tanks are nicer ways to fill than pumps but I pumped for about a year before ordering the Yong Heng. On the Prod it wasn't really that big a deal. But the Avenger takes a lot more pumps - but shoots a lot harder too,