• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Titan Submarine Imploded Due To Micro-Cracks In The Carbon Fiber Hull - Has A Carbon Fiber Bottle Broken/Exploded On Anyone?

The CEO of the company that made the sub said that he didn't want boring white guys in their fifty's to design a sub so he hired young exciting diverse people to do it. The boring white guys designed the CF bottles that we use though. I'm good with that. He also ignored the boring white guys when they said it had problems.
That’s pretty borderline wording sir

Like I said in my previous post...
The Train Wreck waiting to happen.....
The way they secured the Titanium mounting ring for the Titanium end bells
titanium-ring-lowered-77122.jpg

It doesn't even have a Large Internal Pressure support ring/ shelf..... It was just glued on!!!
At depth, under that much pressure.... there wouldn't be a warning... just a catastrophic impulsion..BOOM!!!

I just do not like the look of a bottle hanging off a gun , so unless im standing near someone shooting a bottle gun i do not have to worry .

But to add to the conversation , I personally would be more concerned about self inflicted injury to the CF . Leaving it in the car and going into Wally world for an hour @ 88 degrees outside in the sun causing extreme heat inside the car , a car can heat to 120 or higher in a matter of minutes. Maybe setting the gun down a bit harder than intended . Sending it in UPS .

I just do not like the look of a bottle hanging off a gun , so unless im standing near someone shooting a bottle gun i do not have to worry .

But to add to the conversation , I personally would be more concerned about self inflicted injury to the CF . Leaving it in the car and going into Wally world for an hour @ 88 degrees outside in the sun causing extreme heat inside the car , a car can heat to 120 or higher in a matter of minutes. Maybe setting the gun down a bit harder than intended . Sending it in UPS .
And what temperatures do the fire men get exposed to with a scba sitting on their back? I'm sure they will at least use a aerospace grade epoxy resin system which are good to about 250f. If they used a BMI resin system it's good to around 550f. I know as I've tested both to the temperatures I've stated. With the cost of a brand new scba bottle IMHO they're using a BMI which is also very impact and heat resistant. As far as the bottles on our air rifles I just don't know but if they are DOT certified I'm sure they are good to the 120-140f temperatures seen in a car or trunk.

Don't know. It isn't borderline if it is true. Do you know if it is true? "Sir"?
My statement was an incomplete thought. It’s true the CEO Stockton Rush, uses language that is ludicrous and borderline disrespectful towards older white peoples, which is an astonishing aspect of this story!

Reactions: OldSpook
My statement was an incomplete thought. It’s true the CEO Stockton Rush, uses language that is ludicrous and borderline disrespectful towards older white peoples, which is an astonishing aspect of this story!
Actually his words are par for the course in todays agenda driven world. Now I'm going to follow what the Coca Cola corporation said to do and try to be less white.

Last edited: