• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Time has Come!

After a looooong 4 month wait it has finally arrived. FedEx tried to deliver at 5:20p. I hadn't gotten home from work yet as I had to drop my supervisor off to pick-up his car from the mechanic. Then I had to run to Macs Hardware and pick up an o-ring kit to fix a couple of other things at the house. Got to the house and checked my email only to see the delivery attempt. Since I know where the FedEx depot is in town I promptly drove down there, presented my ID, and picked up my new baby. Got home and quickly chowed down on the Pad Thai noodles I picked up on the way home. Then the fun began. Put on the DonnyFL moderator, mounted the bipod, then the scope. NOW I have to wait till morning before I can rip of some rounds. But I will sleep with a big smile tonight.

Maverick2.1617674614.jpeg
Maverick1.1617674614.jpeg

First Observations: I knew it was going to be small, but I was still surprised by the compact size. Yet it still has a nice solid feel to it, even more so than my BJ Armada. I could go with the trigger not having quite as much free play in the take up. I love a good 2 stage trigger, I have them in all my powder burners. I figure I will adapt though. And keep an eye out for upgrades/updates for the trigger. Can't wait to actually get some trigger time on it.

I just picked up a .22 Impact 600mm from my local airgun shop.... couldn't be happier with that cal though. It shoots so flat! I'm sending 25gr H&N slugs 970 fps and it's just a tack driver out to 75 yds. Are you planning to shoot slugs or pellets? I've heard the dual reg set up is a different animal to tune and requires several de-gassing procedures to get dialed in.

I just picked up a .22 Impact 600mm from my local airgun shop.... couldn't be happier with that cal though. It shoots so flat! I'm sending 25gr H&N slugs 970 fps and it's just a tack driver out to 75 yds. Are you planning to shoot slugs or pellets? I've heard the dual reg set up is a different animal to tune and requires several de-gassing procedures to get dialed in.

Probably going to shoot mostly pellets to start with. But I am also looking at slugs, probably 23Gr. And yes from the vids I have seen it does take a couple degassings to get the tune in place. One for the first reg and another for the second. I have watched Matt Duber's tuning vid and the official FX one. Going to watch a few others as well I am sure.

d1 -

Look into a more vertical grip too. Either 15° or vertical. Makes a big difference the way the gun feels in your hand.

FX MAverick.1617688067.JPG

Mike

I actually like the more angled grip as it fits my natural hand position fairly well. The only thing I have noticed (and just as a not I haven't had it out for a shoot yet) is that the trigger sits a bit far forward for my somewhat smaller hand. I may need to build up the front a bit like you did there. Maybe I will try a more vertical grip as well. We shall see.

First couple of groups out of is shooting .22 Hades at 30yds. I am suitable impressed and happy. Now to go out and find some birds to remove. Don't mind the splatter at the top of the first target that was the pellets coming apart on the 16Ga backer plate I have there. I didn't get my piece of insulating foam back on the target backer. I can live with this accuracy.

168801199_277534540541565_8792841485702258304_n.1617743492.jpg
168613926_828227124570064_4073343297813766455_n.1617743492.jpg