The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

Try Baracuda Match make sure it's 5.51 not 5.52mm
Thanks Sky King, will try those. I was so surprised at the Crosmans. I tried FX 18.1, AA 16.0 Rifle rtx 16.0 JSB 15.6 and for me, the Ultra Magnums in 14.3 beat them all ( at my 20 yard indoor range ). When I stretch this thing out to 30, may be a different story. But I will try out the Baracuda Match. I have 1/2 a tin of those around.

Mine prefers the Baracuda Match but isn't particular about which head size. It shoots the two head sizes to a slightly different POI but I've scored about the same with both on the 30 yard challenge. I think my 200 was the 5.52, however. It also shot 18 grain JSBs well at 25 yards but not quite as well as the Baracudas at 35 yards. Not sure I ever tried Crosmans. When I saw the velocity with the 18s I did not try lighter pellets. I think they were 900 fps or so.
JimD, your input very welcome. I have 3 Avengers in .177, .22 & .25. I have 2 Krale NP-03 in .177 & .25. I have 2 Stormriders in .177 & .22 that I regulated. I have a Notos in .22 ( most accurate gun I had until the Bullskark ) I have 1 Gamo Urban in .22 that I regulated and is accurate. Kratos in .22 and a sentry HD 705 in .177. So as anyone can see, I really like taking a sows ear and making a silk purse. I don't think you have to spend $$$ to have an accurate 100 yard airgun. Hell, even scoped, I don't think I could see something well enough to shoot it at 100 yards. I feel if you buy for your intended purpose you will be happy. Not to say there is not a lot of luck that goes into buying a sub $600 airgun. So far I have been lucky with decent barrels and learning about cleaning and polishing and finding the right pellet that each gun likes best. Once you go down this rabbit hole your going to find you have many tins of pellets that nothing likes, a scope surplus and maybe more than one air compressor. This hobby is not cheap but very satisfying if you do proper maintenance and practice every chance you get.

The JTS 18.1 are also excellent and accurate. Here's a link to my earlier post in this thread.

https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/the-stoeger-mx1-bullsharks-are-here.1271670/post-1621193
bernieorosz, thanks for the link. I don't think I tried those after it did not seem to appreciate my FX 18.1 offering. I know many of the brands I have are produced from the same factory just different dyes. But one think I have found will all my airguns but this bullshark is if I feed them the better quality pellets, they perform much better. This bullshark is an anomaly. Nothing I have shoots crosmans. But this thing loves those Ultra Magnums by a large margin over the best pellets I have. Simply amazed me. I will give those JTS 18.1 a try. Another cheaper one that did well was a tin called Rifle RTX.

bernieorosz, thanks for the link. I don't think I tried those after it did not seem to appreciate my FX 18.1 offering. I know many of the brands I have are produced from the same factory just different dyes. But one think I have found will all my airguns but this bullshark is if I feed them the better quality pellets, they perform much better. This bullshark is an anomaly. Nothing I have shoots crosmans. But this thing loves those Ultra Magnums by a large margin over the best pellets I have. Simply amazed me. I will give those JTS 18.1 a try. Another cheaper one that did well was a tin called Rifle RTX.

I'm pretty sure the JTS are made in China and the JSB are made in Czechoslovakia. It's easy for us to confuse the initials, but they are totally different companies.

Thanks Sky King, will try those. I was so surprised at the Crosmans. I tried FX 18.1, AA 16.0 Rifle rtx 16.0 JSB 15.6 and for me, the Ultra Magnums in 14.3 beat them all ( at my 20 yard indoor range ). When I stretch this thing out to 30, may be a different story. But I will try out the Baracuda Match. I have 1/2 a tin of those around.
My best results were with the 5.51 Baracuda Match, and your results may vary in a different head size

Reactions: Nattboy
I bought a pellet head size gauge in 177 when I was trying to figure out why one Crosman tin shot great and the next two did not (it was wildly varying head size in the two poor shooting tins). I used it to measure a reasonable sample of Baracuda, Baracuda Power (copper plated), and Baracuda Match (both head sizes). I found that the match pellets were not exactly the head size on the container but were more consistent than the baracuda or baracuda power pellets. That was also consistent with my 30 yard challenge results. Match were a few points better. For most purposes, however, any of them would be fine.

I’m really happy I took a chance and purchased this BullShark, I call it Uglyshark. It was in pieces and banged up from someone trying to work on it. It likes 10gr JSB and Zan slugs. I’m just testing out all of them with different lubes to see what groups the best.

I ran a chrony string using pellets that don’t work well in all my rifles, 13gr redesigns.

I needed the low profile cheek piece that I also have on my P35 to get good scope alignment with my eye.

IMG_4359.jpeg

IMG_4364.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Beanflip and Perle
I’m really happy I took a chance and purchased this BullShark, I call it Uglyshark. It was in pieces and banged up from someone trying to work on it. It likes 10gr JSB and Zan slugs. I’m just testing out all of them with different lubes to see what groups the best.

I ran a chrony string using pellets that don’t work well in all my rifles, 13gr redesigns.

I needed the low profile cheek piece that I also have on my P35 to get good scope alignment with my eye.

View attachment 460671

View attachment 460672
Re cheekpiece issue, did you try higher rings? On Challenge target, is it to be printed on 8.5x11 paper?

Reactions: Florida_Man