The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

I might order one of these, P35 or Bullshark? I know they are almost the same but that's the question in the small differences, what in your opinion has the best package put together?
I don't own a P35 but I love my .177 Bullshark. Stoeger's influence on the design makes a difference in my opinion. It's a little heavier and possibly bulkier but has a longer barrel and feels really nice in my hands. JimD's trigger tutorial works on both guns and makes for a really nice bullpup trigger.

I might order one of these, P35 or Bullshark? I know they are almost the same but that's the question in the small differences, what in your opinion has the best package put together?
If I could do it over I’d have bought a BullShark 25 cal and not a P35. The added barrel length would help the caliber. From @JimD owning and using all calibers in the P35, I think the 177 and 22 do great in that platform. The nice part about the P35 is it’s light weight

But with all this considered how I use it, the 37 fpe mine puts out stock form with 34gr FX pellets is perfect for what I can use. I sold my Cricket Tac2 60 was because it was just too powerful and big for my use. I only need something to take out animals as big as raccoons at 30 yards.

You can order the bullshark from Amazon but in the U. S. I think the only way to order a P35 is from Krale. They are not bad to order from, however.

The P35 barrel is 450mm, the bullshark is 490mm. Because of the longer barrel the bullshark has different baffles in the shroud and is louder, I think. Many of us are using printed moderators inside the shroud which eliminate clipping which can happen with the baffles. That requires sliding the shroud forward a bit, however. About 1.5 inches on the P35 and probably almost 3 inches on the bullshark. The bullshark comes with a threaded end plug for the shroud, however, so you can put on a normal 1/2 fine thread moderator. (Donny sells one that fits the P35)

The bullshark is about a pound heavier but still only about 6 lbs. Part of the added weight is the barrel but the stock is also heavier reportedly. The bullshark also comes with more variations in the stock which could help it fit you.

I think the guns are the same except for these things. Reportedly Carm magazines fit both. Xtreme airguns plenums fit both. Trigger adjustments are the same for both. A lot of P15 parts also bit P35s and bullsharks. P15 videos can help owners of the newer side cocking guns.

Snowpeak also has a P35X on their website which looks interesting. 530mm barrel and 65cc plenum. If you want power from a P35 it could be attractive. Also has a wood stock.

Stoeger USA does carry a 5 year warranty which is more than most manufacturers out there so there is peace of mind, usually they'll send you a brand new one if they can't fix your old gun.

I like the look of the Bullshark better than the P35 minus the yellow/blue that you can just take off.

Reactions: EdinGa
Has anyone had any dealings with Stoeger? Returns or asking about parts? Just wondering how responsive they are on the phone? A 5yr warranty is only good if you're satisfied!
It makes me feel better they are a subsidiary of Beretta.

IMG_1798.jpeg

I wonder how much Stoeger knows about these guns but I have not had any issue with my P35s (3) that a new O-ring didn't fix. Not worthwhile sending in a gun for service for an O-ring. They give you what seems like a complete set and also tools. But even the possibility of U. S. service is an advantage for the bullshark. One of the big advantages for these guns to me is the very limited use of plastic in favor of metal parts. They seem like they will hold up long term. I like the external regulator adjustment and gauge on the regulator of my Avenger but I don't like all the plastic.

I also bought a bunch of O-rings. The ones that come with the gun aren't great but most of them are still working.

Mine prefers the Baracuda Match but isn't particular about which head size. It shoots the two head sizes to a slightly different POI but I've scored about the same with both on the 30 yard challenge. I think my 200 was the 5.52, however. It also shot 18 grain JSBs well at 25 yards but not quite as well as the Baracudas at 35 yards. Not sure I ever tried Crosmans. When I saw the velocity with the 18s I did not try lighter pellets. I think they were 900 fps or so.