The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

100 yards with 10.03 Knockouts
IMG_20230423_140110331~2-01.jpg

Last edited:
This is not a bullshark, it is my closely related P35 in 22 caliber. So far this week I've shot a 197, a 198 and a 199 on the 30 yard challenge. Here is the 199. The 10 ring is about 1/8th inch across. At 30 yards. The X "ring" is a dot. Touched that 14 times. Not every P35 or bullshark is this accurate but my 177 P35 is not too far behind. It's best is a 193. They are not just short light guns, they are also typically accurate, sometimes surprisingly so.

P35-22 199 14X.jpg

Reactions: EdinGa
Hello Jim and Crash!
My bullshark is def not regulated. I just chrono’d a 71 shot string with 85 fps extreme spread. I only filled it to 200 bar and have the hammer spring turned in 1 turn from flush. It’s .177 using fx 13.4 gr starting velocity was 878 and ending was 876 with a high of 963. The gun def exhibits a bell curve on velocity. I’m not super impressed with some of the fit finish though especially for Stoeger quality control. The cocking lever is floppy as hell and the probe clips pellets occasionally causing flyers and there’s blow by from the breech which puffs air on your cheek. But I got it on Amazon so it’s getting sent back and another is being delivered today. If it has the same issues they’ll both go back and I’ll stick to shooting my FX Wildcat and Impacts. But the gun is very nice to handle and comfortable to shoot so I really hope the second one is up to par.
BULLSHARK IS REGULATED AT 120 BAR

You have to remove the cheek piece and you will see the screw. Mine was turned in all the way when I got it. Backed it out 1 1/4 turns to set to my pellet weight.
There are two possible places when I remove the cheekpiece actually one you don't have to remove the cheek piece is possible for you to take a picture of it?

There are two possible places when I remove the cheekpiece actually one you don't have to remove the cheek piece is possible for you to take a picture of it?
I will get a picture posted soon.

My 22 cal Bullshark is super accurate. I have heard that with these SPA made guns sometimes you might get one with a bad barrel. JimD had trouble with his P35, SPA, 25 cal and ended up ordering a new barrel for it. Sounds like that's what happened to you maybe.

Both the Bullshark and P35's are basically the same gun.

This is not a bullshark, it is my closely related P35 in 22 caliber. So far this week I've shot a 197, a 198 and a 199 on the 30 yard challenge. Here is the 199. The 10 ring is about 1/8th inch across. At 30 yards. The X "ring" is a dot. Touched that 14 times. Not every P35 or bullshark is this accurate but my 177 P35 is not too far behind. It's best is a 193. They are not just short light guns, they are also typically accurate, sometimes surprisingly so.

View attachment 351756
I'm amazing Shootin'! Where can I get targets like that?

There is a pdf one one of the first posts in the thread "30 yard challenge" on this website for the targets. When I printed it my printer slightly reduced the size, it has marks for you to measure to check that. So I then increased the size a very small amount to get the right size target. They are fun targets to shoot and I also like them for setting parallax at different distances.

I found the hammer spring of my P35-177 was too strong for the regulator setting (about 120 bar) even with the screw backed out as far as it could go. So I shortened it a little. That was not necessary on my P35-22 or P25-25. Now I have the hammer spring balanced to the regulator setting and the gun shoots very well.

There is a pdf one one of the first posts in the thread "30 yard challenge" on this website for the targets. When I printed it my printer slightly reduced the size, it has marks for you to measure to check that. So I then increased the size a very small amount to get the right size target. They are fun targets to shoot and I also like them for setting parallax at different distances.

I found the hammer spring of my P35-177 was too strong for the regulator setting (about 120 bar) even with the screw backed out as far as it could go. So I shortened it a little. That was not necessary on my P35-22 or P25-25. Now I have the hammer spring balanced to the regulator setting and the gun shoots very well.
How did you determine that the hammer spring was? “too strong”? And how did you determine how it was? “balanced” to the regulator?

There are different theories about how to balance the hammer spring and regulator, I will tell you what I do and others can express their preference if they want. I just shoot over a chronograph turning the hammer spring and note any change in velocity. If I turn it up and the velocity goes up then I keep going up until it stops increasing. Then I either stop there or go down a little (like 1/4 turn) depending on whether more hammer spring helps the accuracy. It does on my Avenger. It doesn't on my P35s. If turning it up doesn't increase velocity I start turning it down. Again I stop when velocity starts to decrease and check accuracy with small adjustments around this point. If it is all the same accuracy I set it at just below the hammer spring that gave me the highest velocity.

One reason I do this is my P35-25. It was my second regulated PCP and the first shot velocity was off. Turns out the hammer spring was way high for the regulator setting. When I got it balanced the first shot velocity is the same as the rest. On my P35-177 I couldn't get the hammer spring set low enough without shortening it.

BULLSHARK IS REGULATED AT 120 B
Well fellas, the new gun is absolutely regulated! My first one was definitely defective and is being returned to Amazon tomorrow. The new one has much better fit and finish as the cocking lever has much tighter tolerances. Just chronod 77 shots and they were 868-890 fps and ragged holes at 25 yards. I think this gun is a great shooter using 13.4gr fx pellets. I’m going to play around with the hammer spring and see how much I can get out of it for speed and max shot count. Based on the pressure gauge the reg is set about 135-140 bar before it drops off.
I like the threaded shroud which does have baffles in it for muzzle report reduction and it’s very backyard friendly. Overall my second impression is very good of this gun. However Stoeger needs to tighten up on inspection as this one came with a broken mag and was missing the little side rail… strange. But between both guns I am able to complete the accessory package as advertised. Keep y’all posted as I continue shooting.
And on August 21 I posted this……