• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

I have all three calibers and there has been no need for any "tinkering". I have made a very few adjustments to the hammer spring and lighten the trigger a bit but that's it it's already regulated, no need to replace it, my shot to shot is extremely consistent if you want let me know I can show you the Chronos because I Chrono every single shot. As they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

Reactions: bernieorosz
I have all three calibers and there has been no need for any "tinkering". I have made a very few adjustments to the hammer spring and lighten the trigger a bit but that's it it's already regulated, no need to replace it, my shot to shot is extremely consistent if you want let me know I can show you the Chronos because I Chrono every single shot. As they say "if it ain't broke don't fix it"
I really wanted the plenum for slugging, but I have really not seen a need for one now, so maybe a return to Germany haha

I’m looking forward to see what it does!
Well, the plenum I got is too small for my Bullshark tube. I'm almost positive that the description listed XM1 bullpup when I ordered it, but the Lane website is down right now so I can confirm that. Can anyone tell me if the Bullshark and P35 use the same tube? Either they don't, or I received the wrong part.

Edit: I took another look, and believe I bought an internal plenum and not an external that adds length to the pressure tube. I don't want to lose shots per fill, so I probably won't install it.

Last edited:
Ed,

The one from South Africa is external. Gave me around 40-50 fps on my P35-25. You have to do a pretty complete disassembly to the pressure tube but it isn't very difficult. Not sure what it would do for your bullshark but I would think it would do something similar.

Jim
Thanks Jim. I thought that's what I was buying, but I didn't look at it close enough and ended up with the internal one. It was my fault so I'm not blaming Lane. Do you have a link for the 8ne from South Africa?

This post got me looking at my bull pups again. I have a Wildcat gen 1 & an Artemis P15 both in .22. The wildcat is a tack driver & the p15 needed some elbow grease to get it to perform. I put a Huma reg in it & cleaned up the crown & now it shoots 15gn JSB's like the Wildcat. "ALMOST". I figured i needed a .177 Bullpup to round out my collection of Bullpups! Just ordered a .177 Bullshark from Eurooptics.com. They are in PA. & i am in NY., so i should have it soon? BTW I saved about $ 40.00 over buying from Amazon.

This post got me looking at my bull pups again. I have a Wildcat gen 1 & an Artemis P15 both in .22. The wildcat is a tack driver & the p15 needed some elbow grease to get it to perform. I put a Huma reg in it & cleaned up the crown & now it shoots 15gn JSB's like the Wildcat. "ALMOST". I figured i needed a .177 Bullpup to round out my collection of Bullpups! Just ordered a .177 Bullshark from Eurooptics.com. They are in PA. & i am in NY., so i should have it soon? BTW I saved about $ 40.00 over buying from Amazon.
My .177 Bullshark is my favorite pcp. Look up Jim D's trigger adjustments and you'll have a sweet shooting bullpup.

I have a .22 xm1 bullshark that is my favorite. On snowpeak's website I found this..

Snowpeak p35x,1.png

21 inch barrel and 66 cc plenum :)

I recently got the Stoeger XM1 Bullshark .22 based on the excellent content in this thread. I purchased it from Eurooptics for $420.18 with Military Discount. This is a fantastic gun for any price! With the JTS 18.1 it's one hole at 25 yards. It's very accurate past that, but I haven't verified with any 5-shot groupings yet.

I think the Regulator is set at about 125 bar.

Below are two shot strings; The first is with original hammer setting , and second is with hammer clockwise 1/2 turn to increase fps. Take note of the very respectable ES and SD. The hammer maxes out at bout 935 fps, so I backed it off 1/2 turn.

Hammer Spring: Factory Setting;
BAR: 250-125
1701551897442.png

Hammer Spring: 1/2 turn clockwise from Factory Setting;
BAR: 250-150
1701551914552.png

Reactions: EdinGa
I'm sure i'll be happy with my .177. Bernie, I like that second shot string! I bought my P15 back in 2017 from Mike @ MrodAir. IIRC he was also the first to import the Hubens into the states. From what I've read the only difference is the stock & side lever. As i get older (71) I am leaning towards shorter & lighter rifles. Eurooptics states you only have 15 days to return a gun, so i'll be putting a lot of lead downrange next week. If i don't like the stock for some reason i guess i can put it in my wood P15 stock?

I'm sure i'll be happy with my .177. Bernie, I like that second shot string! I bought my P15 back in 2017 from Mike @ MrodAir. IIRC he was also the first to import the Hubens into the states. From what I've read the only difference is the stock & side lever. As i get older (71) I am leaning towards shorter & lighter rifles. Eurooptics states you only have 15 days to return a gun, so i'll be putting a lot of lead downrange next week. If i don't like the stock for some reason i guess i can put it in my wood P15 stock?
If you don't mind plastic, I think you'll like the stock. Mine fits me well, and I use it in the woods so plastic is fine with me. The vertical grip might look a little strange when it's bolted on, but it actually works really well for offhand shots.

One more thing, if you have any JSB Knockouts, give them a try. My Bullshark loves the 10.03s and 13.43s.

ED, Thanks for the tip. Because of the weather here in N.Y. i will be doing all my shooting in my 20yd basement range for the foreseeable future. I will pick up some of those Knockouts to try.
I was out plinking with my Bullshark a couple of weeks ago and decided to try a group with the Knockouts at 25 yards and it shot them into one hole. I bought it to be a slug shooter, so I haven't tried a lot of pellets, but the ones I have tried haven't shot any better than the slugs do.

Trenier Airguns has the best price and I order them in bulk to save on shipping.

Last edited:
Reactions: Florida_Man