• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

So far we know that the Stoeger Bullshark has a different stock, different baffles in the shroud (2 piece), and a different end cap on the shroud to take a moderator. The rest of the gun seems to be the same as a P35. I like my P35s but wouldn't mind having that Stoeger end cap. I have a Tanto laying in a drawer. My P35s are low to mid 80 decibels - quiet enough - but if I could buy those end caps I'd try the Tanto on them.

I figured out this week that my 22 and 177 P35s shoot cheap Crosman pellets pretty well. Groups at 33 yards have been 1/2 to 5/8 inch. Not as small as the H&N Match they prefer but usable - for most purposes good enough. I also got a tin from Amazon that was not banged up, possibly because of the "hang up" style packaging of the Crosmans. But neither liked the lighter H&N slugs I tried. 13 grain in the 177 and 21 grain in the 22. The 22 shot 25 grain H&Ns almost as well as the Match pellets but the 21 grain were about a 1 inch group. Same with the 13 grain. I don't really want to shoot heavy slugs in these guns, it would mean a regulator adjustment. But being able to shoot crosmans is useful in the 177 at least. In the 22 they average over 950 fps which seems too fast but 3 of 4 groups were decent.
J
So far we know that the Stoeger Bullshark has a different stock, different baffles in the shroud (2 piece), and a different end cap on the shroud to take a moderator. The rest of the gun seems to be the same as a P35. I like my P35s but wouldn't mind having that Stoeger end cap. I have a Tanto laying in a drawer. My P35s are low to mid 80 decibels - quiet enough - but if I could buy those end caps I'd try the Tanto on them.

I figured out this week that my 22 and 177 P35s shoot cheap Crosman pellets pretty well. Groups at 33 yards have been 1/2 to 5/8 inch. Not as small as the H&N Match they prefer but usable - for most purposes good enough. I also got a tin from Amazon that was not banged up, possibly because of the "hang up" style packaging of the Crosmans. But neither liked the lighter H&N slugs I tried. 13 grain in the 177 and 21 grain in the 22. The 22 shot 25 grain H&Ns almost as well as the Match pellets but the 21 grain were about a 1 inch group. Same with the 13 grain. I don't really want to shoot heavy slugs in these guns, it would mean a regulator adjustment. But being able to shoot crosmans is useful in the 177 at least. In the 22 they average over 950 fps which seems too fast but 3 of 4 groups were decent.
Jim,
You can buy an endcap from Donnyfl it is the A10.

Just for fun I added my Romeo5 red dot to my Bullshark. I was able to rotate my mil dot scope 90 degrees so I could have my red dot on the right side of the gun . I have the red dot sighted for closer targets and it's fun using it. I am also going to try mounting the dot on top of scope with the scope ring I bought that has a picatinny rail on it to see how that setup works in comparison. This setup lets me have kind of the best of both worlds in being able to use either scope or red dot.

gun two.jpg

gun one.jpg

So I’ve been shooting all afternoon. Can’t stop smiling. It loves JSB Knockouts 10.03gr slugs!!! Throwing them at 1000 fps too!!! Just ridiculous!
The trigger needs a little tweaking but I’m getting used to it’s break. I think the regulator has relaxed as it has seen several pressure cycles. My ES has decreased to 12-13fps on average. I also cranked in the hammer spring a little and that may have contributed as well.
It also loves the 13.4 gr FX at 925 fps while getting 6 mags with a 250 bar fill. At this point this little bullpup is meeting my expectations and is a P35 “RE-stocked” which is a nice stock but I can’t compare the two.
My .177 should be here tomorrow and I wanted it to love 10.3 Knockouts when ordered it. I haven't been able to find any information on slugs in the .177, so your post is definitely encouraging!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nattboy
So I’ve been shooting all afternoon. Can’t stop smiling. It loves JSB Knockouts 10.03gr slugs!!! Throwing them at 1000 fps too!!! Just ridiculous!
The trigger needs a little tweaking but I’m getting used to it’s break. I think the regulator has relaxed as it has seen several pressure cycles. My ES has decreased to 12-13fps on average. I also cranked in the hammer spring a little and that may have contributed as well.
It also loves the 13.4 gr FX at 925 fps while getting 6 mags with a 250 bar fill. At this point this little bullpup is meeting my expectations and is a P35 “RE-stocked” which is a nice stock but I can’t compare the two.
I got mine today. 2 turns on the hammer spring has me at 975 with 10.3 Knockouts and it loves them. I'm going to work on my trigger tomorrow and try the hair curler baffle mod too. I took all of the baffles out of mine and installed a 3d printed suppressor instead.

Last edited:
Ed, does your moderator attach to the fitting on the end of your shroud or go into the shroud? On my P35s I use moderators that go inside the shroud but I think there is less space for them in bullsharks. My 32fpe P35s are about 80 db and the 19 fpe 177 about 75 db with their in shroud moderators. But I ordered the adapter today from DonnyFL and will try the Tanto I bought for my Avenger on them when it arrives. I don't really need them to be quieter but I am curious what the combination will be like. The in shroud moderators I'm using are 120mm long. I have to slide the shroud forward almost 1.5 inches to insert them. But nice and quiet with no clipping is worth it, I think.

I am probably slow in figuring this out but the bull shark has a barrel that is 1.5 inches longer than the P35. 19.25 inches versus 17.7? inches (450mm). It also weighs a pound more - 6.2 versus 5.2 lbs. The barrel is probably an ounce or two of that but the stock would seem to be the main weight difference. Still a light and short gun. The barrel difference is made up by having 1.5 inches less room in the shroud for noise mitigation measures. Doesn't matter if you put an external moderator on it but I prefer to do the moderation in the shroud. If you do that, the bull shark ends up 1.5 inches longer than the P35.

I like my P35s but the bull shark is clearly a nice and closely related gun.

I haven't tried slugs in my P35-177 but my P35-25 likes H&N Slug HPs and my P35-22 shoots H&N Slug HPs pretty well too. The 25 seems to shoot the 34 grain better than lighter ones. I tried knock outs in the 25 and it didn't like them much. Interesting your 177 likes them. I've been waiting for H&N to bring out their 177 slugs, maybe I should get a tin of the knock outs. I only tried 25 grain in my 22 and it shoots 21 grain pellets a bit better. But my 22 shoots the 25 grain slugs better than my other P35s shoot slugs or pellets. My 25 may shoot 34 grain slugs better than any pellet I've tried in it.
whats the speed that it came in from the factory with 25gn pellets?