• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

Well fellas, the new gun is absolutely regulated! My first one was definitely defective and is being returned to Amazon tomorrow. The new one has much better fit and finish as the cocking lever has much tighter tolerances. Just chronod 77 shots and they were 868-890 fps and ragged holes at 25 yards. I think this gun is a great shooter using 13.4gr fx pellets. I’m going to play around with the hammer spring and see how much I can get out of it for speed and max shot count. Based on the pressure gauge the reg is set about 135-140 bar before it drops off.
I like the threaded shroud which does have baffles in it for muzzle report reduction and it’s very backyard friendly. Overall my second impression is very good of this gun. However Stoeger needs to tighten up on inspection as this one came with a broken mag and was missing the little side rail… strange. But between both guns I am able to complete the accessory package as advertised. Keep y’all posted as I continue shooting.

Reactions: Nattboy
That velocity spread would be a good unregulated string, it all depends on where the 868 and the 890 are positioned in the string.

I Just checked the Stoger site, no mention of a regulator there either.

A Airgun that is regulated is a great selling point that the distributor would mention.

Glad your happy with the 2nd one.

RC

Last edited:
Reactions: pdxFrank
Interesting Deeder. I'm glad that they included the baffles. With baffles only, my P35s were in the mid 90 db range. With a mixture of baffles and felt wrapped hair curlers I got my 177 down to 82 db. I don't plan to try and make it any quieter since my pellet hitting the target is at least that loud but if you added a moderator in addition to the modified shroud...

My P35 177 shoots 10.65 grain H&N Baracudas at about 900 fps, but it's regulator is also set lower I believe. I determined my P35 22 is only set at about 125 bar. I think my P35 177 is set closer to 100 bar. I backed the hammer spring all the way out on the 177 and velocity did not fall at all. Seems to have more hammer spring than it really needs.

I know you have other regulated guns so you know what the shot string should look like but if you could comment on the shape it would help nail it down. Was the minimum velocity at the highest or lowest pressure? 22 fps seems too flat for that long a shot string to me but confirmation velocity did not follow the normal unregulated rising then falling unregulated pattern should be all we need to know to be sure.

I'm really glad you got a good gun the second time. Glad you bought from Amazon so you should be able to easily send the first one back. You apparently have it shooting well for you but if you haven't adjusted the sear engagement or the first stage spring you can lighten the trigger too.

I was trying to improve my 30 yard challenge score with my P35-177 (no luck) and had a problem that might be useful to others. I shot a target and got 1 more X and 1 more point than my previous score - essentially no improvement. But the trigger didn't feel great so I took the action out of the stock to adjust it. I backed the sear engagement off about 1/4 turn and tried it and liked how it felt out of the stock. Then I put it in the stock and took it outside to try. It would not fire. So now I have a pellet in the barrel and no good way to get it out. I could have used a cleaning rod but what I did was take the action out of the stock (outside) and lift the sear lever with my pocket knife. That caused the gun to go off discharging the pellet safely (gun was pointed in a safe direction). Now I could take it inside and see what was going on. I messed with the sear engagement thinking I had gone too far but that was not it.

I found a pin where I had the action out of the stock on my kitchen island. It was the pin at the top of the trigger. I should have thought of that, it happened once on my P35-25. With it back in, I reset the sear engagement and proceeded to fire an even worse target. Oh well...

I will include three pictures. One is the whole trigger group. If you guys with Stoegers take your stock off please confirm that your parts look like this. I will also include a close up of the trigger where if you look close you can see the pin that came out right above the trigger. The last picture is of the sear adjustment and sear lever. The screw with the lock nut controls sear engagement. Turning it clockwise decreases engagement. You have to loosen the lock nut first. Be careful if you do this, you can cause your gun not to cock or you could cause an accidential discharge. In the picture of the whole trigger group you can see a spring that looks it could have come from a ball point pen. That is your first stage spring. At the end nearest the sear there is collar you can move to increase or decrease the first stage trigger force. It adds to the second stage. So just relaxing this spring will significantly reduce your trigger effort with none of the risks associated with messing with the sear engagement. I have my P35s set to under 1 lb pull and they are crisp, no discernable creep. It is safer to leave a little creep.
P35 trigger group.jpg
P35 trigger.jpg
P35 sear.jpg

Reactions: EdinGa
So I’ve been shooting all afternoon. Can’t stop smiling. It loves JSB Knockouts 10.03gr slugs!!! Throwing them at 1000 fps too!!! Just ridiculous!
The trigger needs a little tweaking but I’m getting used to it’s break. I think the regulator has relaxed as it has seen several pressure cycles. My ES has decreased to 12-13fps on average. I also cranked in the hammer spring a little and that may have contributed as well.
It also loves the 13.4 gr FX at 925 fps while getting 6 mags with a 250 bar fill. At this point this little bullpup is meeting my expectations and is a P35 “RE-stocked” which is a nice stock but I can’t compare the two.

Reactions: EdinGa and Nattboy
I haven't tried slugs in my P35-177 but my P35-25 likes H&N Slug HPs and my P35-22 shoots H&N Slug HPs pretty well too. The 25 seems to shoot the 34 grain better than lighter ones. I tried knock outs in the 25 and it didn't like them much. Interesting your 177 likes them. I've been waiting for H&N to bring out their 177 slugs, maybe I should get a tin of the knock outs. I only tried 25 grain in my 22 and it shoots 21 grain pellets a bit better. But my 22 shoots the 25 grain slugs better than my other P35s shoot slugs or pellets. My 25 may shoot 34 grain slugs better than any pellet I've tried in it.

It is a rebadged P35 with extras and available on Amazon. I have a P35 and a friend has the Bullshark so I have had them side by side and shot both. The Stoeger shot great out of the box pushing FX 18 at an average of 905. My P35 was terrible to start with but after 2 sessions with JB bore cleaner and 2 DIY recrowns it shoots good now with the same Fx 18 pellets at 840 average.
I am wondering on your friend's Bullshark if the spacers and rubber butt piece was like mine where you would have to eliminate the two plastic posts in order to remove the spacers and reinstall the end butt rubber pad.

In the beginning I wanted the P35 in 22 cal. I ordered it from Krale and was waiting for the email from them with tracking info. Nothing after several days so I wrote them to ask what was going on. I also noticed after a several days on their website it stated the 22 cal model was temporarily out of stock. Sure enough with my usual luck they answered me back informing me they couldn't ship my order now because they ran out.
I had seen that they were coming out of the new Stoeger Bullshark and it was most likely a P35 with different stock. I had been keeping tabs on Stoegers site watching for them to become available. After getting the bad news from Krale I went to Stoeger's site and they were available. I Googled Bullshark and found EuroOptic advertising it for less than retail with free shipping so went with them.
Just have to get the time to start shooting it.

Forgot to mention that Krale thought the soonest they would have the P-35 22 cal back in stock would be maybe end of Sept but most likely mid Oct.

Last edited:
You can get the original p-35 from Krale for $441.00 then buy a wood p-15 stock for $75-80 and replace the plastic stock.

RC
You have to add shipping cost of 40.00 to 50.00 dollars to get a fair cost comparison. I have just received the Bull Shark in .22 caliber and look forward to shooting it. I have the Diana Chaser in .22 caliber( Snowpeak ) and after a little tinkering, it is a very accurate gun. Under a inch at 25 yards. 11 1/2 flbs and 600 fps. By the way the Bull Shark has a regulator, the stock is quite stout and the hammer spring is adjustable on the out side of the rifle. You can order this rifle from any gun store that sells Stoeger shotguns and rifles. Stoeger is a subsidiary of Beretta Holding with such brands as Benelli and Holland and Holland. The rifle comes with a five year warranty and thirty day money back return. I know Karle is a fine company to do business with but I don't think they can match or want to match what comes with the Bull Shark. I will let you know how mine shoots.

Last edited:
And it turns out that Kirkwood does not ship that stock to the USA.

It is a matter of individual taste, I am sure it is a comfortable stock, too unconventional in looks for me.

Having the Minnelli stocked Skyhawk, now with the forward sidelever is more to my taste.

But whether you like them fat and short or tall and skinny, it is great to see them available from the USA.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Reactions: JimD and Nattboy
Thank you, I forgot to mention, the forward handle on the stock is easily removed. Just two screws. This rifle comes with the the forward sidelever. I just ordered some 18gr, 19gr and and 21gr pellets. MY compressor should be here next week so I'll be ready to go. I am going to mount a Hawke 4x32 AO scope on the rifle. I will let you know how it shoots. Thanks Bill

I finally got the time to mount my Hawke 3-9x40 scope and get sighted in at 25 yards. All I can say is WOW DO I EVER LOVE THIS GUN!!!!!! It just keeps hitting the bullseye after bullseye. With my other two guns the POI would always be a little to the right, left, high, low, or whatever as I shot. With this gun it's BULLS EYES BABY. I have been using the H&N 21.3 gr pellets.

This Bullshark ,which is essentially a P35 with a different stock , is at least available to purchase now in the USA as opposed to the P35 from Krale. Noticed on their site that both the 177 & 22 are out of stock and to my understanding won't be available till sometime in Oct.

LOVE THIS GUN.

So far we know that the Stoeger Bullshark has a different stock, different baffles in the shroud (2 piece), and a different end cap on the shroud to take a moderator. The rest of the gun seems to be the same as a P35. I like my P35s but wouldn't mind having that Stoeger end cap. I have a Tanto laying in a drawer. My P35s are low to mid 80 decibels - quiet enough - but if I could buy those end caps I'd try the Tanto on them.

I figured out this week that my 22 and 177 P35s shoot cheap Crosman pellets pretty well. Groups at 33 yards have been 1/2 to 5/8 inch. Not as small as the H&N Match they prefer but usable - for most purposes good enough. I also got a tin from Amazon that was not banged up, possibly because of the "hang up" style packaging of the Crosmans. But neither liked the lighter H&N slugs I tried. 13 grain in the 177 and 21 grain in the 22. The 22 shot 25 grain H&Ns almost as well as the Match pellets but the 21 grain were about a 1 inch group. Same with the 13 grain. I don't really want to shoot heavy slugs in these guns, it would mean a regulator adjustment. But being able to shoot crosmans is useful in the 177 at least. In the 22 they average over 950 fps which seems too fast but 3 of 4 groups were decent.

Reactions: Senor Ramon