• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Stoeger MX1 Bullsharks are here

Received my Stoeger Bullshark 22 cal. It didn't come with a hand pump as stated in the ad. I have a call in to EuroOptics and they stated they would check with Stoeger on this and get back to me. I haven't shot the gun yet but will comment after doing so. Upon opening the box ,reading the manual and changing a couple things out I noticed a couple things. In the manual , which covers all their airguns, it states there is a two year warranty on their guns. Right on my Bullshark box it says "five year warranty". I was shorted two screws that hold on the front picatinny rails. I guess not a big deal but I'll have to find a couple. The last thing so far is that the gun had the two rear stock spacers installed . You have the option to remove one or both to custom fit the stock to your liking. I decided to remove both but had to cut the two locating pins off the rubber butt piece in order to be able to screw it back on. It was either that or I would have had to drill two holes in the stock so the pins could protrude into the stock. Someone wasn't thinking when they came up with this option. Some say that this is the P35 with a different stock but I am finding a couple things different so far. One thing is the end of the barrel is now threaded so a LCD could be installed.

I'll be back with more.

Reactions: Raki2016
Granted, my request was for a piston seal for a springer, but the CS rep I was trading emails with told me Stoeger USA had very few spare parts left, he only had a couple small bags of seals on his desk and the new tech they'd sent out to be trained to do warranty repairs had just been let go of by them.
Didn't instill much confidence in me to buy anything Stoeger branded and I'd be surprised if their idea of honoring their warranty is to just send you a new gun to replace your faulty one.
Things may well have changed by now, but I'd be trying to find out how they plan to honor their warranty if you do have issues.
Best of luck with the new rifles :)

It is a rebadged P35 with extras and available on Amazon. I have a P35 and a friend has the Bullshark so I have had them side by side and shot both. The Stoeger shot great out of the box pushing FX 18 at an average of 905. My P35 was terrible to start with but after 2 sessions with JB bore cleaner and 2 DIY recrowns it shoots good now with the same Fx 18 pellets at 840 average.

Customer service for these products is near the worst I've ever encountered. Some of the features tell me those who design many of these products have never even shot an Airrifle before. The XM1 I had was fairly accurate but the lack of quality made it go up for sale. I can't really complain to much as these are fairly inexpensive and are from what I understand rebranded Snowpeaks.

The Bullshark is definitely regulated.

Screenshot_20220819-184255_FX Radar.jpg

Received my Stoeger Bullshark 22 cal. It didn't come with a hand pump as stated in the ad. I have a call in to EuroOptics and they stated they would check with Stoeger on this and get back to me. I haven't shot the gun yet but will comment after doing so. Upon opening the box ,reading the manual and changing a couple things out I noticed a couple things. In the manual , which covers all their airguns, it states there is a two year warranty on their guns. Right on my Bullshark box it says "five year warranty". I was shorted two screws that hold on the front picatinny rails. I guess not a big deal but I'll have to find a couple. The last thing so far is that the gun had the two rear stock spacers installed . You have the option to remove one or both to custom fit the stock to your liking. I decided to remove both but had to cut the two locating pins off the rubber butt piece in order to be able to screw it back on. It was either that or I would have had to drill two holes in the stock so the pins could protrude into the stock. Someone wasn't thinking when they came up with this option. Some say that this is the P35 with a different stock but I am finding a couple things different so far. One thing is the end of the barrel is now threaded so a LCD could be installed.

I'll be back with more.
I received an email from vendor stating that their listing wasn't correct. The gun did not come with a hand pump and they had corrected their listing. No big deal I didn't need one anyway. It's still the best price I found.

Reactions: Heyday33
Crash611,

That is good news. Maybe the regulator of the gun saying he is seeing 100 fps variation is not working right or something. 11 shots is probably as many as I have measured but have you checked velocity at a 250 bar fill and then again around 150 bar? Unregulated guns can have not a lot of velocity variation within a narrow range - but probably not 7 fps. The other tell tale sign my guns exhibit is a gradual velocity drop when I get below the regulator setting.

Jim

Reactions: pdxFrank
Hello Jim and Crash!
My bullshark is def not regulated. I just chrono’d a 71 shot string with 85 fps extreme spread. I only filled it to 200 bar and have the hammer spring turned in 1 turn from flush. It’s .177 using fx 13.4 gr starting velocity was 878 and ending was 876 with a high of 963. The gun def exhibits a bell curve on velocity. I’m not super impressed with some of the fit finish though especially for Stoeger quality control. The cocking lever is floppy as hell and the probe clips pellets occasionally causing flyers and there’s blow by from the breech which puffs air on your cheek. But I got it on Amazon so it’s getting sent back and another is being delivered today. If it has the same issues they’ll both go back and I’ll stick to shooting my FX Wildcat and Impacts. But the gun is very nice to handle and comfortable to shoot so I really hope the second one is up to par.

I'll be back with more.
WAY too much work for a new gun. I'd send it back and start over with a different model.

I thought some more about Crash611's input and while I want to believe it, I have short shot strings for my little P-rod that are about that consistent. I also felt bad that I had no decent length shot string for either of my newer P35s so I shot another 30 yard challenge target with my P35-22 and added a few shots to get it up to 30 shots. That is not a full shot string for it, I think it would do a little over 50. I'll include a picture of my laptop screen to give you an idea how the shots were varying. It is definitely not the bell curve of an unregulated gun like Deeder describes. The ES was 16.08 and the std deviation was 3.38. The lowest shot was shot 19 about in the middle of the string. For an unregulated, the early and late shots are the lowest.

Crash is probably right but I'd love to see some velocities at close to 250 bar, then something like 190 bar and then 135 or 140 bar. If the Stoeger is regulated, they will be fairly consistent (less than ~20 fps spread) and the high and low pressure shots will not be the lowest. If it is unregulated, the shots in the middle of the pressure range will be the highest and the shots at the high and low end will be the lowest. Deeders gun may have a quality issue but he describes a classic unregulated gun.

P35-22 shot string.jpg

I'll see if I can get my friends gun again and do a full string he just wanted some base numbers. So I only ran the factory 9 shot mag with crossman CPHP 14.3 for a 972 avg xs-14 sd-4.3 next my P35 carm 11 shot mag FX 16 for a 944 avg xs-10 sd-3.6 then FX 18 11 shot in photo above for a 905 avg xs 7 and sd of 2.7. Just like my P35 it was more consistent with the 18 gr over the others.

When a regulator quits working it can act like a unregulated gun.
I would open one of the suspected “unregulated “ guns to see if it has a Regulator that is not working.

Iregardless of who branded the Bullshark, Snowpeak manufactured it and their quality control is infamous at best.

Roachcreek

Last edited:
Reactions: Airgun Al
Deeder should have another Bullshark tomorrow and promised to let us know if it behaves the same. The first one apparently has other signs of either sloppy assembly or possibly damage.

I only have under $500 pcps but my 3 P35s are my favorites. I've had to tune them up a little but I haven't had any significant problems with them. The accuracy certainly varies between my 3 with the 22 being excellent, the 177 pretty good in my opinion, and the 25 being OK - good enough to consistent hit squirrels in the head at 25-35 yards. I'm still trying to figure out if Bullsharks are really P35s in a new stock or have bigger differences. The shroud end cap with male threads for a moderator seems like it could be something some want. I'm hoping it doesn't mean they left the baffles out of the shroud - or removed the regulator.