The squirrels are in trouble now...

Our local farm store was having a 60% off sale. I got a cheap ground blind for $28 and a cheap monopod for $8. Both work as advertised.
Here's this mornings proof and my best squirrel session yet.
Squirrel number 11-13. And there's 40+ days left of the season.
One heart shot, one head shot, and one lung shot(in order left to right). I take the shot as it presents itself because squirrels rarely sit still for long.

A9C76B0D-F8A1-4E81-AE74-955584DB66BF_1_105_c.jpeg

Our local farm store was having a 60% off sale. I got a cheap ground blind for $28 and a cheap monopod for $8. Both work as advertised.
Here's this mornings proof and my best squirrel session yet.
Squirrel number 11-13. And there's 40+ days left of the season.
One heart shot, one head shot, and one lung shot(in order left to right). I take the shot as it presents itself because squirrels rarely sit still for long.

View attachment 319302
Some good squirrel hunting!

Reactions: AmosBurton
Thanks. I've got to eat a few before I add more to the larder, so they all get a pass for now.
I save tender young she’s for the table and feed everything else to the dogs. They love pressure cooked squirrel! Older females and all males are strictly dog food. It does incentivize the dogs. They completely understand the connection from treeing to shooting to eating and they get mighty excited when I pick up an air rifle.

Reactions: AmosBurton
I save tender young she’s for the table and feed everything else to the dogs. They love pressure cooked squirrel! Older females and all males are strictly dog food. It does incentivize the dogs. They completely understand the connection from treeing to shooting to eating and they get mighty excited when I pick up an air rifle.
Haha, yeah the one in the middle will be super tender. My wife slow cooks them so no matter how tough they were, when done they are like pulled pork. We use the meat in stews, pot pies, and chili.
My dog always gets the guts and any meat that got shot, he 100% knows what it means when I grab my gun.