The slug market sure is heating up! šŸ”„

Shooting the NSA 17.5 from a PP700S-A .22cal.

Even for a 15FPE gun NSA slugs DO deliver the power... ā€“ I had some big birds DRT at 44 yards no prob!

And Nick of NSA is serving our airgun community by delivering high quality products with great customer service. Right in the US. At prices that beat anybody elses'. What's not to like about that?! šŸ˜„

Matthias

Waiting to hear something onĀ the .35 hybrids. Anybody heard any news of when they might be available?Ā I heard a mention of them last year but nowā€¦ crickets.Ā My Impact doesnā€™t like the NSA 79 gr. I actually read where Nick said the reviews for them out of the Impact werenā€™t positive. Of course I read that after I bought some and tried them. Cā€™est la vie. He did say the 93 gr were doing well out of the Impact tho. I have ordered the .35 Hades from Czech JSB. That was late January. Feb 27 and still waiting for them to arrive. Hope they get here before our VirginiaĀ March late doe season goes out. Yeah,Ā I know what some will say but head shots rule. Within 50yds.Ā 

Freedom Press? Way overpriced! 1) No need to have such a robust press to swage lead and I venture to say most air-gunners have metallic cartridge presses already 2) the dies are way overpriced. No justification for $200 per die when you can get carbide 2-3 die sets for a fraction of the cost. If someone here has a mill/CNC they can make and sell this AT A PROFIT for a lot less. Great idea though, could even see using a set up to make .223 bullets using lead cores and spent .22 rimfire cases. In fact, I think that is the origin of RCBS ( Rock Chucker Bullet Swage).

• Love
Reactions: EdinGa
wow2.1647827401.jpg

.357 Griffin LDC boat tail into shredded rubber pellet trap at 905 fps...I am pretty sure this will take down a coyote.

I just got threw reading this thread. I have been messing with coating my slugs with hi Tec coating that is showing some promise. That's in another thread & not why I postedĀ 

here. But I started testing yesterday & this morning shooting different pellets I also coated against each other in my .22 Hatsan flash & to no surprised JB Exact heavy wonĀ 

Out. But I also tested 23 gr Javelin coated slug . I did not see anyone mention them? They shot right with the JB pellets & that is doing something. They maybe a .22 cal you

may also consider.Ā 

FlyšŸ˜€

Freedom Press? Way overpriced! 1) No need to have such a robust press to swage lead and I venture to say most air-gunners have metallic cartridge presses already 2) the dies are way overpriced. No justification for $200 per die when you can get carbide 2-3 die sets for a fraction of the cost. If someone here has a mill/CNC they can make and sell this AT A PROFIT for a lot less. Great idea though, could even see using a set up to make .223 bullets using lead cores and spent .22 rimfire cases. In fact, I think that is the origin of RCBS ( Rock Chucker Bullet Swage).
where can i get an affordable die set?

I just got threw reading this thread. I have been messing with coating my slugs with hi Tec coating that is showing some promise. That's in another thread & not why I posted

here. But I started testing yesterday & this morning shooting different pellets I also coated against each other in my .22 Hatsan flash & to no surprised JB Exact heavy won

Out. But I also tested 23 gr Javelin coated slug . I did not see anyone mention them? They shot right with the JB pellets & that is doing something. They maybe a .22 cal you

may also consider.

FlyšŸ˜€
i luv the javelin gen 2 in 21 gr . im hiting squrells at 60 paces with the BONECOLLECTOR gen 3i

Things are changing. Except for .177 caliber, there are now a lot more choices in slugs than there are for diabolos. And that trend happened fairly quickly. Looking at Pyramyd Air choices:

Caliber, ā€œpelletsā€, ā€œslugsā€
.177, 149, 17
.22, 84, 81
.25, 31, 45
.30, 9, 27

I cast my own big bore ammo and also have a couple of molds for .22 and .25 airgun slugs. But itā€™s hard to beat NSA, ZAN, etc. for shooting .22 and .25 airguns past 50yds. Definitely perform better than even heavy pellets. Many of them are USA made and cost is now close when compared to similar weight pellets.

I do like pellets for my sub .20fpe .177 airguns. And there are some types of matches where diabolos are the only shape allowed, even for larger calibers, and thatā€™s about the only reason I still buy diabolos in larger calibers these days.

For most shooting outdoors, past 50yds, slugs perform better, and there are plenty of choices.