The slug market sure is heating up! 🔥

Mitch, 😊

that's some awesome expansion 👍🏼 — actual expansion in actual game (not in some water jug that totally exaggerates HP expansion).

Would you have some specifics of that shot, esp. the caliber? I'd like to figure out the velocity at impact....

Matthias
Sorry for the late reply but if I remember right .22 21 gr ZAN slug at 940 fps

Looking at Pyramyd Air choices:

February 2023
Caliber, “pellets”, “slugs”
.177, 149, 17
.22, 84, 81
.25, 31, 45
.30, 9, 27

May 2023
Caliber, “pellets”, “slugs”
.177, 157, 17
.22, 88, 112
.25, 33, 64
.30, 10, 46

.177 is still dominated by "pellets", but for all other calibers, the selection of "slugs" offered by some of the bigger vendors has grown way beyond "pellets". Just since February there has been significant growth. It's a good indication of where the market is going.

A couple slugs I tested out of my kral empire xs, 36 fpe, into ballistic gel block at 55 yards. All are very accurate. I love nsa slugs but didn’t get any expansion out of them. The javelin slug had nice expansion. Left slug is an nsa 17.5gr at 950 fps, middle is a javelin 23gr at 850 fps and right is nsa 24.8gr at 810 fps. I took a few shots with each slug and the results were the same. Not saying the nsa slugs won’t expand but not at my current power level. The javelins are more expansive but they perform great out of my gun and like that they do expand well at my power level

C087A3C6-6FD8-4C9D-80D5-4EFED583AD43.jpeg

Reactions: Spartan
A couple slugs I tested out of my kral empire xs, 36 fpe, into ballistic gel block at 55 yards. All are very accurate. I love nsa slugs but didn’t get any expansion out of them. The javelin slug had nice expansion. Left slug is an nsa 17.5gr at 950 fps, middle is a javelin 23gr at 850 fps and right is nsa 24.8gr at 810 fps. I took a few shots with each slug and the results were the same. Not saying the nsa slugs won’t expand but not at my current power level. The javelins are more expansive but they perform great out of my gun and like that they do expand well at my power level

View attachment 360790

The NSAs are made with harder lead than every other slug I have tried so far. Not surprised at the lack of expansion.

Pros and cons to that, to be fair...