• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Skout EPOCH LIVE on tABC/FB

SKOUT had nothing to do with the production, they did not solicit us, WE went to them. So, in no way was this a "SKOUT" endeavor, they were kind enough to grant us the online interview. "tABC LIVE" is an series of impromptu sessions that we've done over the years from various events. This was, for us, a first of it's kind interview with a manufacturer. At this time, Skout is not a tABC sponsor. We are in no way being compensated for this content, in fact it cost us much time and money be able to bring it to you. Everything you heard was. from our experience, an honest, straight forward representation of the product. Our opinions and experiences with the gun, are likewise our actual impressions. In the end, we're benchrest shooters who host a forum, not video production people. Those who are members of tABC can attest that you won't find us attempting to produce and post professional quality video presentations on our channel, although others, including our sponsors do. We (Jerry, I an Ricky) have little interest in delving into the video production aspect of social media, on occasion however, we do so to the limited degree that any layperson with an Iphone is capable. Our objective in doing "impromptu" sessions is to allow our members to get true to life impression the experience (whatever it may be) as well as real life unrehearsed responses to the questions posed. It's my hope that we delivered on that intent at least to the level of the cost of admission. ;)
While the production values (of the video, not the gun) left something to be desired, I think that overall it was fine, and as you say, worth the price of admission. As a member of your Facebook group it was in line with what I expected. I think that a lot of people are being critical of everything these days. Sometimes I think the Grinch is loose here on AGN.

In any event, this is a gun that interests me greatly. If it comes close to living up to the promise I'll almost certainly be getting one!

Chris

While the production values (of the video, not the gun) left something to be desired, I think that overall it was fine, and as you say, worth the price of admission. As a member of your Facebook group it was in line with what I expected. I think that a lot of people are being critical of everything these days. Sometimes I think the Grinch is loose here on AGN.

In any event, this is a gun that interests me greatly. If it comes close to living up to the promise I'll almost certainly be getting one!

Chris
As I said, I'm ordering the 25 caliber and I have lots of hands on with the 30. That should say something.

SKOUT had nothing to do with the production, they did not solicit us, WE went to them. So, in no way was this a "SKOUT" endeavor, they were kind enough to grant us the online interview. "tABC LIVE" is an series of impromptu sessions that we've done over the years from various events. This was, for us, a first of it's kind interview with a manufacturer. At this time, Skout is not a tABC sponsor. We are in no way being compensated for this content, in fact it cost us much time and money be able to bring it to you. Everything you heard was. from our experience, an honest, straight forward representation of the product. Our opinions and experiences with the gun, are likewise our actual impressions. In the end, we're benchrest shooters who host a forum, not video production people. Those who are members of tABC can attest that you won't find us attempting to produce and post professional quality video presentations on our channel, although others, including our sponsors do. We (Jerry, I an Ricky) have little interest in delving into the video production aspect of social media, on occasion however, we do so to the limited degree that any layperson with an Iphone is capable. Our objective in doing "impromptu" sessions is to allow our members to get true to life impression the experience (whatever it may be) as well as real life unrehearsed responses to the questions posed. It's my hope that we delivered on that intent at least to the level of the cost of admission. ;)
I completely understand and appreciate what you did. It is easy for me to sit back and judge.

My point is if I were Skout, I would have micro-managed the crap out of this release regardless of who was interviewing me. Down to the point of making sure the distractions in the background were eliminated. If I were talking about the HP and LP regulators, you can bet those would be sitting there and someone would not need to run and go get them.

First impressions can't be undone and some people like me have high expectations of companies where I'm spending this much money. It creates doubt in my mind how much attention to detail was missed with the design and production.

Reactions: whyzee and rsfrid
Billy, Adam and the company staff at Skout were so very gracious to allow us to visit and see the full operation and depth. We learned how long (about 30 years) they were in business producing paintball guns and many world championships. We shot the prototype and 2 of the first guns off the assembly line. We even completely tore down one of the guns, put it back together and shot it again to prove it is not a major thing to do (under 1 hour for the whole thing While we stopped to ask questions the whole way). To boot, we were able to drive a few hours to visit them, not Europe, nor China. This was our request to help our tABC group members to quickly learn about a great new line of products that are just now gracing the doors of vendors. It will be available within the month. Oh, we were treated to some really good meals on the house and questionable donuts!

Many pictures will be coming soon along with other videos.

I am personally excited to welcome a new vendor to the high end airgun community of manufacturers.

YES, I am buying one, but I'm waiting for the 25 caliber version as that is my caliber of choice.
I’m hoping they open up a walk-in shop to look and purchase since I only live 35 miles away from them 😊

Definitely going to be interesting.. I'm all for it... But a new company jumping in the game and asking almost 3k for their very first air rifle they have ever produced.. (meaning an unproven platform in every way) they definitely have confidence or just balls that go clank when the walk... With all this talk about paint ball tech and how it's all that! It very well might be...i personally don't know... The paint ball stuff doesn't mean one thing to me as I was never into it..
But I definitely gotta cheer for a US company stepping into the game.

Reactions: L.Leon
That would make sense if Impact guys said that it's the first bullpup. (Strawman arguement) Right the only difference between the rear cocking, trigger rod equipped, not easily adjustable guns you mentioned and the impact is the tube vs bottle. Sure.

The impact wasn't unique because it's a bullpup and you know it.

I think the comparison was about the looks? I don’t think that the Impact was the first black rifle-ish looking bullpup. It was the first one with all the adjustments it had. I do remember a lot of commentary about how this rifle or that rifle copied the impact solely focused on looks but not looking at functionality.

What really sets them apart is what’s inside. I’ve owned both Impacts and Delta’s despite the exterior similarities they are very different guns.

Reactions: Centercut
I think the comparison was about the looks? I don’t think that the Impact was the first black rifle-ish looking bullpup. It was the first one with all the adjustments it had. I do remember a lot of commentary about how this rifle or that rifle copied the impact solely focused on looks but not looking at functionality.

What really sets them apart is what’s inside. I’ve owned both Impacts and Delta’s despite the exterior similarities they are very different guns.
Yeah the comparison was on looks, single grub screw holding the barrel in the exact same place, short pic rail below, upper pic rail and side rails look more or less identical although it slides on the Daystates. Knob exactly where the valve adjusting rod is on the Impact Etc. Regardless I'm not one of the ones who said anyone copied anyone. They are totally different guns, some styling cues were borrowed that can't be denied and that's ok. Ccut brings this up often and pulls the well if they did it I'll do it too. (But gives himself the out by saying he's being sarcastic or joking) The difference is the Impact was unique in looks and ability to tune. There was no impact before the impact to borrow these cues from. That's the difference and it's plain to see. Competition is good for everyone and looking forward to what the Skout can do.

Bringing up Eastern Euro/Russian bullpups and saying the Impact did the same thing with them has to be a joke as its half baked and ridiculous. The Impact is a copy of a wood stocked,rear cocking, single shot unregulated bullpup😄

Last edited:
If it is a fact that their internal ballistics in paintball have worked flawlessly for years, ie all their components (regulators, triggers, solenoid, valve, electronics) why wouldn't they work well in PCPs. The only unknown is the quality of their barrels and how much energy they can deliver for each caliber and with what efficiency...

Reactions: EDventure

Exactly. Again, many missed the point. Not much I can do about that. As you pointed out, I was talking looks only, nothing more. Thanks for paying attention and actually making an attempt to read what I wrote vice getting your panties in a wad…. 🤪

Reactions: Maineiac
Exactly. Again, many missed the point. Not much I can do about that. As you pointed out, I was talking looks only, nothing more. Thanks for paying attention and actually making an attempt to read what I wrote vice getting your panties in a wad…. 🤪
Right, you're talking about looks.
Exactly. Guys forget that the EDGun R2 and R3, Kalibrgun Cricket, and Taipan Mutant bull pups were around prior to the Impact. Only difference tube vs. bottle. Shhhesh!!! 😎

So the Impact

Impact.jpg

Looks the same as these? "only difference is tube vs bottle"

Edgun R2.jpg

R3.jpg

Cricket.jpg

Maybe if I squint really hard. Just because I'm holding you account for what you say doesn't mean you can just dismiss my points and say my panties are in a twist because I don't agree with you. It's a slippery tactic.

But I guess easier than admitting you're just talking out your backside.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Centercut
I hope there will be a button to turn down the volume down if one doesn`t want the gun to talk to you...kind-a-like KIT from Nightrider..or atleast musicchannels to choose from...::LOL

Looks promising!!
I just watched a video that they said you can shut voice off... And all the accessories that come with the epoch is unheard-of by other manufacturers... I truly hope they get out there and start making a good name for themselves