• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Skout EPOCH LIVE on tABC/FB

Damn - does every Skout thread have to digress into this petty bs. Parts made in China, looks like every other new style bullpup with a bottle - who gives a hoot, really!!?! I just wanna see how the gun shoots and operates. And is it winner.
Exactly. Guys forget that the EDGun R2 and R3, Kalibrgun Cricket, and Taipan Mutant bull pups were around prior to the Impact. Only difference tube vs. bottle. Shhhesh!!! 😎

If I wanted to stir the pot like all the Impact FB's did when the Delta Wolf was released, I could say that the Skout looks like a Delta Wolf... But I won't... :ROFLMAO:
You can decide for yourself. FYI, I like the looks of the Skout, Delta Wolf and Impact.

View attachment 320437

Beyond the common visual similarity shared by virtually ALL tactical format rifles, there is ZERO similarity between the two. I can say this with complete certainty having owned 3 Delta Wolfs and being one of the first independent reviewers to have extensive trigger time on several configurations of the EPOCH.

Last edited:
Beyond the common similarity shared by virtually ALL tactical format rifles, there is ZERO similarity between the two. I can say this with complete certainty having owned 3 Delta Wolfs and being one of the first independent reviewers to have extensive trigger time on several configurations of the EPOCH.
Gotcha. I respect your opinion. What I’m really looking for is the Epoch to walk the walk at RMAC….

Nice looking package but is it me or does the gun appear like it may be heavy?

Bigragu, IMO it IS a heavy gun. However, my experience is limited as a bench shooter to whom weight is an advantage. I have handled much heavier guns designed for hunting, so hunters may not feel that the 9 lbs of the hunting 25" barrel version is too heavy. I know that I wouldn't be happy about stalking thru the woods with a 10 to 12 lb ( fully kitted) gun, but then I would probably hire a bearer...lol

Well, of course if you want the latest news, you have to actually be able to access it. Since AGN does not yet offer a LIVE BROADCAST option, and since tABC is our primary format, it stands to reason that would be the case.

Exactly. Guys forget that the EDGun R2 and R3, Kalibrgun Cricket, and Taipan Mutant bull pups were around prior to the Impact. Only difference tube vs. bottle. Shhhesh!!! 😎
That would make sense if Impact guys said that it's the first bullpup. (Strawman arguement) Right the only difference between the rear cocking, trigger rod equipped, not easily adjustable guns you mentioned and the impact is the tube vs bottle. Sure.

The impact wasn't unique because it's a bullpup and you know it.

Reactions: Cloudrider
I couldn't hear the speakers clearly so I gave up after 5 minutes. Would like to have heard what was being said. On a side note, looks like everyone was totally bored out of their skull to be there. No life there at all.
I know they are a small company but not a good look out of the gate. Beyond the production quality, It was not well prepared and there were details unsorted during the conversation (i.e. dwell settings 40 or 50). I would have had a prepared outline to be discussed and followed it. We can make an arrangement for me to provide marketing advice in future sessions.

All this being said, I'm cheering for them and will likely own one at some point in time.

I know they are a small company but not a good look out of the gate. Beyond the production quality, It was not well prepared and there were details unsorted during the conversation (i.e. dwell settings 40 or 50). I would have had a prepared outline to be discussed and followed it. We can make an arrangement for me to provide marketing advice in future sessions.

All this being said, I'm cheering for them and will likely own one at some point in time.

SKOUT had nothing to do with the production, they did not solicit us, WE went to them. So, in no way was this a "SKOUT" endeavor, they were kind enough to grant us the online interview. "tABC LIVE" is an series of impromptu sessions that we've done over the years from various events. This was, for us, a first of it's kind interview with a manufacturer. At this time, Skout is not a tABC sponsor. We are in no way being compensated for this content, in fact it cost us much time and money be able to bring it to you. Everything you heard was. from our experience, an honest, straight forward representation of the product. Our opinions and experiences with the gun, are likewise our actual impressions. In the end, we're benchrest shooters who host a forum, not video production people. Those who are members of tABC can attest that you won't find us attempting to produce and post professional quality video presentations on our channel, although others, including our sponsors do. We (Jerry, I an Ricky) have little interest in delving into the video production aspect of social media, on occasion however, we do so to the limited degree that any layperson with an Iphone is capable. Our objective in doing "impromptu" sessions is to allow our members to get true to life impression the experience (whatever it may be) as well as real life unrehearsed responses to the questions posed. It's my hope that we delivered on that intent at least to the level of the cost of admission. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Billy, Adam and the company staff at Skout were so very gracious to allow us to visit and see the full operation and depth. We learned how long (about 30 years) they were in business producing paintball guns and many world championships. We shot the prototype and 2 of the first guns off the assembly line. We even completely tore down one of the guns, put it back together and shot it again to prove it is not a major thing to do (under 1 hour for the whole thing While we stopped to ask questions the whole way). To boot, we were able to drive a few hours to visit them, not Europe, nor China. This was our request to help our tABC group members to quickly learn about a great new line of products that are just now gracing the doors of vendors. It will be available within the month. Oh, we were treated to some really good meals on the house and questionable donuts!

Many pictures will be coming soon along with other videos.

I am personally excited to welcome a new vendor to the high end airgun community of manufacturers.

YES, I am buying one, but I'm waiting for the 25 caliber version as that is my caliber of choice.

Last edited: