• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The scouts discovered my walnut trees

bigHUN

Jan 16, 2020
L4G7X4 Canada
Second day already...The bugger start barking up in the branches half an hour after sunrise ... must be some youngster and doesn't know that I am just retired and can watch Netflix for hours after midnight. I let the cats out at the rear, but somehow the black critter squeezed through.
I went to my gun club today to sight in the 16gn Hades @ 20, and Strelok calculating now my dope card down 10 to 5....
But a @#$#$ to get up 6.30 in the morning to prove it, bah....

Your squirrels have no respect for us retirees. Mine are a little more respectful. They usually show up between 8 and 9:30 AM, then later in the afternoon. Well, maybe they show up earlier but I'm not there to see them. No worries, the greedy little bas darlings will return at a more convenient hour. After I've set up my sniper station.
CWXrVfT.jpg

Then later th clean-up crew comes around to prepare the grounds for the next day.
MY4xdjv.jpg

Last year during "season" 4-5 pairs of falcons were circling above the neighbourhood every day :)
Hoping to see them this year again ... less work with cleanup ... also cheaper for body bags .

the dope card is ready :)

View attachment 463693
Yeh, I have a Redtail hawk(s) that gets one or two during daylight hours, especially if they are out in the open. I don't know if it doesn't see them close to the tree or shrubs around the edge, or just doesn't feel safe landing in those areas. I've seen it three times carrying off the bodies.
I've also seen the crows picking at them, but you can't get a picture of those wary critters.