The real cost of my $60 Crosman 2240

Buddy, I feel the struggle, lol. What starts as a budget project becomes a BUDGET alright... 😂

My 1322 PCP conversion ended up right about where yours did. Between the dense ebony target grips, a barrel that Whitefang modified specially for this gun + AA 16gr pellets, drop sear trigger group, huma reg, on the fly adjustable striker, and old burris pistol scope... Mine probably shoots about as good as yours does I'd imagine.

Mine turned out to be super well balanced in pistol format... If I take the ebony grips off and put on plastic 1322 grips, it becomes unstable, and is nowhere near as accurate. 

120450284_827952447943989_3103712816572265054_n_edited.1607150517.jpg

Wow you did a crazy amount of werq to that pistol! I like it. As long as we like what we have built that's all that matters in the end.

Mine takes a two handed hold but is perfect for it. Arms are messed up so all pistols are shot two handed anyway.

Yep, it's easy to get carried away. I think my problem is I don't stop until I do absolutely love whatever I'm working on..... sometimes it takes a lot to get there. The no stone un-turned type of situation.

My other 1322 that is a pumper, wound up being painfully expensive too, lol. Probably a good $1800 tied up between two $50 pistols 😅

As for two handed holds, I prefer that regardless the weight. I have a couple sub 2lb pistols. This one is a brick, though. It's heavier than my fully loaded 5" colt 1911 .45 😂 somewhere over 4 lbs

I started when I found a deal on a 2300s on ebay, with an accessory pack, which was box of 25 CO2 carts, tin of pellets and oil for way less than normal asking for the gun. It really got me interested so got a 2240, upgraded to steel breech and the trigger was so bad I got a supersear, roller trigger and Crosman adjustable sear spring, I next built up one somewhere in between, but got the parts for the Crosman 1701p two stage trigger nice but not as good as the supersear. I'm honestly afraid to add up the cost. and it's about to get worse. My 9 year old grandson shot them over Easter weekend and wanted one , so am accumulating some upgrade parts so I can make a couple of nice ones for him and his father. I do know I want a steel breech, so do not know at this point if I want to start with a 2300t, in .177 or go the 2240 and replace breech, I am thinking replace the breech as it will be longer, I will most probably keep them in .177 cal to keep pellet cost down.

These are fun guns and yup they can get expensive over the years. But you usually don't do it all at once so it may not be noticed. I was more than surprised when I saw how much I had spent. Thought it was near half that much.

Good that you can get your grandson and his father into the 2240 thing. It can be years/decades of fun for them both.

Best RAT gun is: Crosman 600 w/ longer barrel and tank in SEMI AUTO fast as pull trigger ...used at Dump at night!....simply devastating & oh did I mention fun w/ a couple of Corona's and spot light sit'n in a chair!

Yup I have a 600 with a longer barrel I think it would be a great rat gun as well. Maybe when this China Virus thing is over I can find out.

An individual posted recently in another thread that people will eventually "grow up" and just buy better guns at some point instead of doing such mods. Some of us enjoy doing such and in no way consider it a problem. Not that there is anything wrong with buying your goal, but there is also nothing wrong with modifying to reach your goal.

Hopefully I never grow up cuz I love modifying things.

The first thing I did when I got my Impact was start ordering parts to modify it. I built a few electric bikes as well. My youngest daughter at 35 managed to do 53mph on one of them. Love building computers also although my last was some years back.

I am the modify everything kind of guy. My brother is the leave everything stock kind of guy. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.