• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The RAW HM1000 Micro Hunter!

The L2 doesn’t have a carbon bottle for 2400 bucks and it’s a crap trigger. Plenty of Airguns are overpriced. The list goes on and on

I don't believe I mentioned the L2? I'm simply stating that no carbon bottle on a gun north of $1500 is a no from me. Unless it's a bench gun and the manufacturer is purposefully going with the heavier aluminum. But a bench gun this is not.

The leshiy 2 may cost more, but theres a larger aftermarket for it, it has the potential for substantially more power, it can be folded to fit in a backpack, and both barrels and calibers are quickly interchangeable. It’s miles above this raw offering, and I was really excited about it in the beginning. The price just doesn’t justify the means. There are better options currently out there for cheaper that don’t include the leshiy 2.

I disagree, I sold one Edgun leshiy 2 and gave my others always. I still own all my RAWs…

With a MDT folding adapter it will be very compact and will have superior accuracy.

Raw just barely scratched this market. Don’t be surprised it you see high power offerings in the future.

RAW is top quality!
I don’t discount the quality of raw, but they’ve been out for a very long time, and only now put in an offering to a market that is already pretty saturated with better options. They would need to make their offering more appealing than others, and while raw has always had accuracy, they’re heavy, in efficient, and lack a current aftermarket. The aluminum bottle, and low power with that kind of price tag won’t help them sell many units.

Im sure I’ll change my pessimism when they bring out some more versions in the future with better options. Until then, I’ll keep my opinion as is.

I disagree, I sold one Edgun leshiy 2 and gave my others always. I still own all my RAWs…

With a MDT folding adapter it will be very compact and will have superior accuracy.

Raw just barely scratched this market. Don’t be surprised it you see high power offerings in the future.

RAW is top quality!

I have the L2 and many other airguns from AEA to Fx M3. The L2 behemoth is hands down my favorite and most accurate withing 100 yards. I never have any issue with it like my other guns and if there is an issue it is easily fixed. The trigger and cocking mechanism on my fx maverick have been an Achilles heel for that gun. Blew my last completion with their trigger not working double loading pellet disaster. We all have our opinions but the L2 semi fit and finish with their raptor regs that can handle up to 250 bar pressures are hard to beat. It is a beauty and whisper quite with more than enough power to spare running 50 gr .30 at 950 fps and hole in hole at 50 yards. Semis should be allowed in air comps and I hope they are very soon. Allowing semis would easily increase comp registrations by 3x. Time to allow them.

I’m a big spender when it comes to airguns and I chomped at the bit many years ago when they kept talking about a little backpacker but never introduced it. I like this gun but like others have pointed out, it might be a $1,500 piece. Maybe. The lack of a CF bottle is cheesy but the weight of the metal bottle could aid in how the gun shoots and handles. Just like that little Brocock from a year ago, it only takes a couple hundred bucks priced too high to make guys who want the gun but don’t need it to say I will buy something else far more versatile in the same price range.

Unfortunately it looks like we have a Another push on the release date of these...
Originally they said 3/30/2023, then 4/30/2023.

Now This from an email reply i received:

" Good Day,

Thank you for your inquiry. We are in final assembly now. We should be testing the rifles next week. We do hope to start shipping all orders by 5/15.

Thank you,"

I’m a big spender when it comes to airguns and I chomped at the bit many years ago when they kept talking about a little backpacker but never introduced it. I like this gun but like others have pointed out, it might be a $1,500 piece. Maybe. The lack of a CF bottle is cheesy but the weight of the metal bottle could aid in how the gun shoots and handles. Just like that little Brocock from a year ago, it only takes a couple hundred bucks priced too high to make guys who want the gun but don’t need it to say I will buy something else far more versatile in the same price range.
Which little Brocock? Atomic, Ranger, Pathfinder, Ghost?

Thanks, the Atomic XR is my main PCP, a little game changer for how I use a PCP. Just finished setting up my second Atomic XR for some night ratting.
That’s what I was eluding to. These cool dinky little guns with modest power might make the perfect gun for someone who has a specific need for them. But of all the guys who are spending big bucks on a toy, how many fall into that category versus guys who buy guns to add to their arsenal. I have a bunch of guns like a lot of guys. I eventually shoot them all over the course of time for different reasons. All I’m saying is some of these new offerings would be more appealing to everyone if they were just priced at or a little below waaay more versatile guns. If it was $1,500, I’d be on a waiting list as we speak. I know who makes it so I won’t insult them saying it’s an $800 gun. But it certainly isn’t a M3. It might barely be able to keep up with a compact Uragan.

Reactions: qball and L.Leon
@Vetmx, yes my “dinky little gun” has been good on kills out to 55 yards. And I plink from 20 to 102 yards with it too, just for fun, of course. Dinky little guns packing an outsize punch in actual, practical use are super sweet. I’m consistently hitting chipmunk size objects and smaller out to 64 yards. Beauty is if I need to deploy it sub 30 yards? It’s good to go on the fly. Love the little monster. The RAW Micro Hunter looks to be a winner in my eyes. Maybe they’ll price it lower, but nonetheless a very capable looking PCP.

@Vetmx, yes my “dinky little gun” has been good on kills out to 55 yards. And I plink from 20 to 102 yards with it too, just for fun, of course. Dinky little guns packing an outsize punch in actual, practical use are super sweet. I’m consistently hitting chipmunk size objects and smaller out to 64 yards. Beauty is if I need to deploy it sub 30 yards? It’s good to go on the fly. Love the little monster. The RAW Micro Hunter looks to be a winner in my eyes. Maybe they’ll price it lower, but nonetheless a very capable looking PCP.
The only thing I wish they could have done was put a small diameter carbon bottle on it, I am sure that was due to a larger diameter on the carbon bottles vs aluminum. I wonder if you could get an AGT sized bottle to put on it. It would just really top off the micro/light factor for the microhunter.

Last edited:
The only thing I wish they could have done was put a small diameter carbon bottle on it, I am sure that was due to a larger diameter on the carbon bottles vs aluminum. I wonder if you could get an AGT sized bottle to put on it. It would just really top off the micro/light factor for the microhunter.
I had run a 200cc BSA R10 bottle / manifold on the bottled TM-1000 for years. They screw right on !! It had at the time also allowed a 1 1/4" full length shroud to be fitted.
On a COMPACT RAW would be ideal IMO.

DSCF0716.JPG

Last edited:
It’s a total winner. One will certainly be in my collection and it’s worth every penny IMO. It’s utter nonsense when people bash the Air Force acquisition. They are made the exact same way Martin did in the past. I have pre AF RAWs and post. They’re the exact same if not better.
From my experience, the acquisition didn’t improve the platform. There are multiple aspects of the product that are of lesser quality.

Granted I’ve only worked in 4-5 hmx total.

My conclusion was I don’t want to own an Airforce raw

From my experience, the acquisition didn’t improve the platform. There are multiple aspects of the product that are of lesser quality.

Granted I’ve only worked in 4-5 hmx total.

My conclusion was I don’t want to own an Airforce raw
We got your point the first 20 times you said this. No need to keep blasting the company over your personal experiences.