• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The Quiet Corner

This thread is for all you stealth-conscious hunters out there; a sort of how low can you go? I'm interested in hunting rigs that present an extremely low audible profile.

I have a Daystate HP Pulsar .25 on her way from AOA, with a DonnyFL Emperor waiting to be screwed on. The fully-electronic platform of the Pulsar eliminates cocking noise and hammer smack, and the Emperor takes care of the business end. What other set-ups do y'all have that are uber-quiet?

Ok so I have a impact .25 with a Donnyfl shroud and originally it had a sumo on it. I was curious to see if I could get a quieter report. My impact tuned to shoot @ 840 fps the decibel meter reading from 10 feet in front of the barrel averaged 82db. with the sumo. I purchased a ronin and emperor. The ronin averaged 80db., the emperor averaged 78db. Note: the decibel meter I was using is a app. on my phone. So I tried messing with different materials used inside of the moderators, I was able to bring the db down another 5, funny thing is the ronin & emperor had the same average 72-73db. My neighbors only hear the pellet hitting the birds, which if you have been to Hawaii know the houses are built close to each other (no more room on the island) hope this helps.

My marauder in 25. Hammer spring preload set at max, hammer stroke length set at min, and Valve metering screw damn near shut. 3200 psi fill, 140 shots from 320 to 250 FPS. Lays waste to sparrows at 20 yards like a ninja.

Blunt force trauma!
37.gif

Wow, Kae; you've put a lot of thought and effort into this! I thought I was obsessed with stealth! Is that foam the spray kind or wrap-around sheets? This is the aspect that really seals the deal for me with DonnyFL moderators. His highly-engineered design allows the user to disassemble the mod to do things such as experiment with various sound-absorbing/dissipating materials.

Well, DHart; from all the reviews I've seen, DonnyFL outperforms Huggett (and everybody else). But, the aspect of DonnyFL's design that sets it a breed apart is that all the external components are CNC machine-threaded. There is no epoxy involved. His moderators can be easily disassembled for cleaning and felt replacement. His designs do not alter the host in any manner. DonnyFL has a wide assortment of adapters to accommodate virtually any make and model. If the proper adapter is not in his line, he will custom-make one. He is head and shoulders above his competitors.

Wow, Kae; you've put a lot of thought and effort into this! I thought I was obsessed with stealth! Is that foam the spray kind or wrap-around sheets? This is the aspect that really seals the deal for me with DonnyFL moderators. His highly-engineered design allows the user to disassemble the mod to do things such as experiment with various sound-absorbing/dissipating materials.

It's the wraparound sheets. I got it off of Amazon. 1" thick 24X24. I so a YouTube video by ernest rowe I think that's how his name is spelled. I tried different types of felt also, plumber's felt worked really good also, steel wool extra fine 0000 not so much. I have to be like a ninja here at my house, my 75 year old neighbors grumble if I fart loudly.