The Priest - PCP similar to Impact fom Slovenia

I can't speak to the quality of the cricket other than what I have heard from other people. I was starting to get cold feet when I got the call from RL and I asked them to switch me over to the Vulcan. It was the Cricket however that initially caught my attention some months ago. After talking with Matt a bit I decided not to get a Vulcan and give the Priest a whirl but he did make a comment about his extreme satisfaction with his Cricket. Other than the typical o-ring failure here and there I personally have not seen anything wrong with Cricket other than frustrations with the magazine loading. Nearly everyone speaks well about the accuracy of the Cricket in all of its calibers although I haven't seen much about the .35. The cost difference and the low bore axis lead me to and kept me on the Priest route... Now I just hope it delivers where it counts and to me that is accuracy and smooth loading of the pellet from the mag.

I have shot mine at 100yds indoors, but not in the machine rest with hydraulic trigger actuator like I did with the K1, JSB 25.39 visually inspected, but not roll,weight or gauge sorted, 32x magnification with fine reticle mine shoots sub MOA. No I'm not going to post pix, it would be meaningless...I don't have a dog in this fight. Just sharing my experience with the "Priest" I have.

I finally picked up the gun today from fedex. First impressions, having owned a Cricket, the finish on The Priest is just slightly duller on the shroud and rear metal side plates. The breech block is matte black, has a rough finish, and has very straight (sharp) edges. It has a very utilitarian look, finish, and feel to it....I personally like it. The bottle is on the heavy side for sure, once my second talon tunes cf bottle comes in, I'll weigh the difference. This makes shouldering the gun slightly nose heavy with the stock bottle. The cocking effort is very easy up till about 3/4ths of the pull, then gets super stiff on the last 1/4 length of travel. It's not linear and I can see cocking it for fast follow up shots will definitely throw off your aim. Maybe after a few hundred rounds things will smooth up, but from how it feels, I don't think by much. I can get used to it. The magazines have a plastic housing and aluminum cylinder. There's no clear plastic on either side so you can't tell how many shots are loaded. It is nice to be able to insert the mag from either side as Gregor mentioned in his review. The shroud has about 3 inches of hollow space before the endcap. I have a decibel meter to test sound levels with stock shroud versus my Paris D moderator. Waiting on the adapter for it. For the money, I think it's a great value with all the latest ergonomics and features. Removing the bottle while fully pressurized wastes such a tiny bit of air it's negligible. Then you have about 5 quite powerful shots before the air is gone. RL Airguns enclosed the test card for my gun. A 5 shot group at 30 yards into one hole is right there with the Cricket I had in .25cal. Per the user's manual, the first stage trigger pull length is not user adjustable, but can be factory serviceable. It has a rather long trigger pull. The second stage release weight is the only adjustment that's available to the user. It is crisp and feels nice. The blade feels nice as well. It has been raining here, but maybe I'll get a chance to take it to the range this weekend. I think I'd rather wait for the talon tunes cf bottle and new 2200psi reg to come in to get some shot strings. It should be here any day now.

I'm going to wait 6 months to see how they really are before making a decision on this one. This is a good thing for the people who have already bought because, with my luck, as soon as mine arrived, that's when people would discover the fatal exploding air tank fault (or something). I'm a total airgun jinx. 

I remember reading that these guns can be used with the air tank running off the gun through a hose. I'd like to see one with the air tank clipped to the other side instead. However I look at it, the tank just look wrong where it is. I like the idea that you can move it where you like. I'd rather put a cool tactical quadrail handguard up front. 

"jrayner"Really zebra. ??
Really to which bit?

If it's really about my bad luck with air guns then the answer is "yes really". I like to wait until kinks are worked out and they have finished messing around with all the mk1 vs mk2 stuff. I hate the idea of having the old model with all the problems while everyone else is discussing how great the new one is with all the problems fixed.

I feel like it's a reasonable assumption that a new model will come properly silenced with a smoother bolt or better yet, a side lever. I think patience pays off with this stuff. I'm too grumpy to be a beta tester. I like to hear about other people's experiences with it though.

If you're asking if the gun can be run with the bottle stored separately and run through a hose, that's just what I read but I wanted someone to confirm or deny. I think this gun (and all bottle bullpups) would look better with the bottle behind the grip (where it can be properly hidden). 

yes zeb,,,,the jinx bit,,,,,,more info pls lads,,,,i have just had 2 guns that i had to hand back for accuracy problems and things breaking so i know how you feel zeb,,,,,i hope this gun turns up trumps,,,,,,,,there is a couple of lads in the uk waiting for there shipment and im sure they will be on board to tell us there thoughts,,,fingers drumming as we wait for the info eh,,,lol