The powder burners are coming!

Saw this video from a pretty popular powder burner pester, guess the M3 will be out of stock for long time to come with it getting more recognition from the 22LR crowd. Been hanging with some PB old timers and they all have multiple airguns now and most being Mavericks and M3, the long wait will only get longer at this rate. One guy sold ALL his 22LR stuff(most likely the other guys too) and have 4 airguns instead to go along his much bigger center fire rifles. FX haters can hate but it's just going wild! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62L0ZFmI-gw&ab_channel=EDGEoftheOUTBACK

Videos like this one isn't going to help either, we need to keep this a secret. Thanks for snitching on us UpNorthAirGunner! Doh!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TWwxS0wnIc&ab_channel=UpNorthAirGunner

Good idea for all shooters to invest in a good air rifle,so much fun and can be a lot easier to find places to shoot,

I would never get rid of some of my old.22rimfires,they are fun and nostalgic ,also very accurate ,though older than grandpa.

I good air rifle is a good air rifle,people have choices of many different brands and types and hype.

It is great that certain air rifles can be fitted with newer "parts" that can enhance their performance.

Modular is the way to go,that would also make it easier for custom builders to enter the market.

Variety is the spice of life,and I would like different anodized colors to.

I made the switch 18 months ago when the ammo craze was in full swing. A local gun store was selling primers for a dollar apiece. I’ll never walk into either of their stores again. 

I sold all of my primers, powder, bullets, brass reloading gear and a couple rifles in 45 minutes online at more or less what I paid for them, not prices the industry was raping us for and walked away with $8,500. 

I routed that money to Alkin, Utah Airguns, Airguns of Arizona and Pyramyd Air. 

I retire in 38 days and was looking forward to tinkering with reloading, working up loads and just having fun with the variables of reloading. 

With the FX’s I bought and 50,000 pellets I have stocked, me and my Lab Radar and airguns will be economically entertained. 

I did notice the other day that the price of JSB’s I shoot are up 33% over a year ago. Just bought another 5,000 and should arrive Tuesday. 

I still have my necessary rifles and shotgun for hunting and a decent supply of ammo but fun shooting is air rifles and pistols. And no need for hearing protection is nice. 

I’m glad I don’t have a boat, heard on the radio this morning that gas at some marinas is $8/gallon. Ouch. 

Randy

I use Airguns in California so I can freely hunt legal varmints. As soon as it’s a “firearm” I lose most of my hunting areas and ability to be there without the gun locked and ammo locked separately. I love my 22LR or 17HMR and have a great time with them, just so limited on when and how I can use them.

If I am hunting coyote or smaller within 150 yards it’s most like with an Airgun the last two years. Because of Airguns I get more trigger time, am a better shooter and hunter and enjoy the shooting sports 10 fold.

There is more innovation in the air gun space than in firearms. The accuracy has been on par for a decade or so. Access to rimfire power levels is now also common in compressed air power plants with the modern slugs. 

Between cost of ammo and access issues, the reasons to choose rimfire over air gun are fading. As air guns begin to compete in some of these rimfire shooting games competitively, I'd expect that to continue. 

Hunting access is more open for now. Hopefully the folks in FL who are culling iguana with ~100 FPE will keep doing so responsibly. That's 22lr energy and not many towns are cool with folks walking around shooting those. 

I didn't come here from powder burners and I don't have any centerfire rifles. Only .22lr and Airguns. Oh and a couple shotguns. I'd never sell my other guns to go to airguns. Drastically different uses. Personally if I'm going to .22lr power levels I'll stick with my Tikka T1X. Got into airguns for the lower power and safer shooting around the dairy. But i do shoot my airguns much more than my .22lr. They have there time and place. If I were to just get into shooting paper or plinking then airguns for sure.

I was a powder burner also. Many thousands of rounds per year. When I stopped being able to re-supply my powder and primer supply I sharply curtailed my shooting and turned to airguns to get my fix. I had no idea what they were capable of, Surprised and impressed to say the least.I will say they have found a place in my heart they are very fun to shoot, in a different way than powder burners. Marksmanship skills are marksmanship skills regardless of what you’re shooting, and air guns are a fine way to keep those skills sharp. 

Made the shift a couple years ago. Started with a budget Gauntlet... made the mods, loved the accuracy, needed better.... went to the Avenger and was shooting 5 hr energy bottles at 200 yards. Bigger, Better..... AEA HP Carbine TD in .25 for grins and an FX M3 in 30 with all the bells and whistles I could get ahold of. Still have over 50 Powder Burners and they will always have their place. But for economy, lack or regulation, and the pure enjoyment of shooting... I have more to buy.

I will say though, as accurate as the FX M3 is, it is just too fiddly for me so I am going to sell that one and pick up a couple alternatives. But i do the same thing with the PB's, if they dont suit my style they make room for another.

I came from a mainly powder-burning background. I started on a Daisy 99 BB gun, and shot a little bit of 10m to boost my off-hand shooting for small bore (.22) rifle.

More folks participating = good for the hobby! It might take time, but maybe more sales will lead to faster innovation, more vendors, and more technology advances getting pushed down to lower cost airguns? I get it. Supply chains are all sorts of jacked-up, plus demand is keeping supplies low, but industry will eventually catch up. They aren't about to leave money on the table, especially if they can attract (and keep) more shooters.

I have yet to take my Guantlet .30 to the range versus a 22LR but MacSpeed on YouTube did that with his AEA Challenger Pro 30 recently. They shot comparably.

If people want to spend 4x more for a 22 caliber slug slinging FX, by all means enjoy!

Either way having an air powered 22LR substitute, which probably shoots even more accurately and more quietly, is becoming an attractive reason to buy some of these air rifles.