N/A The PCP world is absolutely crazy !!!!!

Then you should remember Sgt John Urich...he was the one with all the air rifles in the one room...his collection was very impressive...
I vaugley recall a "Room full of rifles" !
I own 4 decent airguns, and to be honest, thats enough for me and my limited bank account!
Now if I were to hit the lottery, things would definately be different!

Reactions: Bud-sc
Once Steve got into FX you could not post negative about them, that was the way Steve rolled.
Thats exactly what happened!
I had a very nice Air Arms S410 at the time.
I loved that rifle, but FX came out with the "all new side-lever Royale"!
Everyone including Steve, was talking highly about FX, and especially the Royale.
Im poor, so I had to sell my bolt action S410, in order to get a brand new FX Royale with a side lever from Airguns of Arizona!
It was NOT love at first sight!
With the brand new Royale, I could see pellets corkscrewing toward the target!
Even after cleaning the barrel several times, and 100 pellets latter, it was not very accurate, out of the box.
Too late. My S410 was long gone!
For a few days I was really upset that I had sacrificed the S410, in order to purchase the Royale.
The Royale eventually straightened up, and began shooting extremely well, and I still own it today!
In fact, its my favorite , even today!
But for a few days, I was not happy with FX at all, and looking back, I was probably too vocal about it!

I see a lot of the old timers on here , I even see people that were on T A G before there was a AGN , I get tickled at all the new guys that just bought there shinny new FX gun and tell you its the best air gun made and the ()*(%$ pellets are the way to go..
I like to see people miss a shot because I know you cant hit the target 100% of the time.
Mike

Reactions: bucketboy
I think we are in the Golden Age of air guns, with much more development to come. I've been involved in many shooting disciplines for over 50 years. Due to several factors, I have a profound hearing loss, so I have pretty much switched to air guns. I dearly love the shotgun clay target sports, so I will occasionally go to the skeet or sporting clays range. I grew up hunting quail, dove, and waterfowl, so the shotgun sports are dear to me. That said, I think the air gun sports have a bright future. After the initial investment, air gun shooting is less expensive, and it is generally more socially and politically, acceptable, a sad but real consideration.
I also believe it's a prime time for air gun enthusiasts! Hunters, precision shooters, plinkers, and others alike. When you consider it, what advantages do powder burners (PBs) have over pre-charged pneumatics (PCPs)? Range? I don't need my bullet or slug to travel over two miles. Unless you're hunting brown bears in Alaska, that much power isn't necessary. If you ask ten people who have shot deer about the distance, I bet in most cases it wasn't much more than 100 yards, and often you're dealing with a pass-through. I'm not against PBs; I view them as another tool in the toolbox. You have to choose the right tool for the job!

I vaugley recall a "Room full of rifles" !
I own 4 decent airguns, and to be honest, thats enough for me and my limited bank account!
Now if I were to hit the lottery, things would definately be different!
At the time I had 30-35 springers. No Junk!! Air arms Pro elite...had several TX 200's...R1's in 177 and 22 both were theoben power plants ....had several Diana rifles too....funny part is out of those rifles that Diana M48SL would out shoot anything that includes the TX200!!! It was a very rare rifle at the time from what I told only like 5 were in the US.....I lost my place to shoot sold all my rifles got into metal detecting. Now my metal detecting hobby funds my airguning hobby now after they got a range a few years ago....but here is the picture of the Diana M48SL
2010-03-07 17.15.55.jpg
2010-03-07 17.15.22.jpg

2010-03-07 17.16.29.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Airgun Al
I also believe it's a prime time for air gun enthusiasts! Hunters, precision shooters, plinkers, and others alike. When you consider it, what advantages do powder burners (PBs) have over pre-charged pneumatics (PCPs)? Range? I don't need my bullet or slug to travel over two miles. Unless you're hunting brown bears in Alaska, that much power isn't necessary. If you ask ten people who have shot deer about the distance, I bet in most cases it wasn't much more than 100 yards, and often you're dealing with a pass-through. I'm not against PBs; I view them as another tool in the toolbox. You have to choose the right tool for the job!
Deer is the only thing i use a powder burner for. My shortest shot available this year was 150yds with a muzzle loader, and the rest were 200yds+ and with a 6.5cm. Those are the only 2 powder burners i have for hunting at all. No time to do the proper work for short-range hunting. At this permission i usually get to double up so only 2-4 days missed from the farm(sometimes the deers dont cooperate lol) during all hunting season. Everything else at the farm, all Air though.🫠

Reactions: 357cal
I find it very interesting to see the progression over time on the forums. Many air gun forums. The biases by forum owners, moderators that had their own agenda as well as air gunners that had their own prejudices because of what they had bought and were trying to justify their purchases continue to exist to this day.

It's to be expected. I don't think in the past or in the present that anything has really changed which in my mind means that you have to be informed enough to sift through the prejudices and agendas in order to extrapolate what really is relevant.

Reactions: SteveV
I started with a red rider at 6y old . Then a crossman 2100 around age 10 or so. Then a FWB 124D at around 16 with money from bucking hay and solar sales . I've been hooked for a long time .

I think we are in the golden years as airgun enthusiasts. Amazing accuracy with low cost ammo . So many choices it will make your head spin. And with low cost pumps it opens up the pcp world up to most everyone. No major fpe restrictions so far .

Much of the purchasing is done by online reputation . And buyers vote with their dollars. I would love to try every model made . But sometimes it's vicariously through members post's. I did get to hold and shoot my old fwb-124D before I started making payments . The guy sold beeman branded airguns from his home and I was going door to door trying to sell solar systems. Ok I only got leads to talk with our salesman. Lol..... I did get around 200 bucks if the sale went through.

Reactions: 357cal
At the time I had 30-35 springers. No Junk!! Air arms Pro elite...had several TX 200's...R1's in 177 and 22 both were theoben power plants ....had several Diana rifles too....funny part is out of those rifles that Diana M48SL would out shoot anything that includes the TX200!!! It was a very rare rifle at the time from what I told only like 5 were in the US.....I lost my place to shoot sold all my rifles got into metal detecting. Now my metal detecting hobby funds my airguning hobby now after they got a range a few years ago....but here is the picture of the Diana M48SL View attachment 452303View attachment 452305

View attachment 452304
Beautuful Diana!
I got into metal detecting a few years back.
Had a Equinox 800, then a 900 for just a brief period..
I hunted 9 different public parks in town, and found plenty of change, and a few pieces of gold and silver jewelry!
I feel like I covered about 1% of the parks!
Its amazing how much gold, silver, and pocket change, are right under our feet!
Pop tops too!

Reactions: Bud-sc
Beautuful Diana!
I got into metal detecting a few years back.
Had a Equinox 800, then a 900 for just a brief period..
I hunted 9 different public parks in town, and found plenty of change, and a few pieces of gold and silver jewelry!
I feel like I covered about 1% of the parks!
Its amazing how much gold, silver, and pocket change, are right under our feet!
Pop tops too!
I have the Deus2 now. Had the Nox 800 and even a Manticore traded it on a Taipan standard in 25 cal. I had so many machines from the Sovereign elite to the CTX 3030 which I had to sell because it was so heavy. XP Deus 2 is one great beach machine!!! Right now Dental gold is what we are finding on the beach because people take cremation urns spread ashes out on the beach. Summer months we don't find that dental gold it's mostly in the winter months. In the picture is 5.5 grams of 18k dental gold...$210 payday...
20240402_190006.jpg

Deer is the only thing i use a powder burner for. My shortest shot available this year was 150yds with a muzzle loader, and the rest were 200yds+ and with a 6.5cm. Those are the only 2 powder burners i have for hunting at all. No time to do the proper work for short-range hunting. At this permission i usually get to double up so only 2-4 days missed from the farm(sometimes the deers dont cooperate lol) during all hunting season. Everything else at the farm, all Air though.🫠
What I meant to say is that it's possible to hunt deer from that same distance you have mentioned. Also, the correct term is 'deer,' not 'deers.' 200 fpe at 200 yards is very possible.

Last edited: