N/A The PCP world is absolutely crazy !!!!!

Yeah this is why I'm back to powder burners and done with AIRGUNS
I have no interest in powder burners but I have to sort of agree with you 🤔 the reason is I this, I have absolutely no interest in slugs or large calibre guns so I am not chasing monster power, if I everneeded to hunt larger animals or smaller animals at longer ranges I would definitely not do it with a pcp.

Bb

Gauges are carp, liners are carp, regulators are carp, all non wood & traditionally shaped stocks are carp.

Interesting that there are so many competing with complete carp guns?
Shooting off a bench in the sunshine where you can see your gauges, have access to your air supply shooting at targets that don’t move with wind flags every 5 yards is one thing. Bring your chassis rifle with a liner and all the bells and whistles and come shooting with me on a cold winters night in a wet muddy field while it’s raining and let’s see how it handles those conditions.🤔

Just saying 😉

Bb

Shooting off a bench in the sunshine where you can see your gauges, have access to your air supply shooting at targets that don’t move with wind flags every 5 yards is one thing. Bring your chassis rifle with a liner and all the bells and whistles and come shooting with me on a cold winters night in a wet muddy field while it’s raining and let’s see how it handles those conditions.🤔

Just saying 😉

Bb
That sounds like a crap time period. Lmao. Im in my 40s now, did enough of that as a kid helping a buddy that sold hides, used an old single shot 22l. The 2 pcps that i have on the way now are better shooters than any fancy setup that i or my friends have owned. We have all owned some competition setups in our time as well. I dont have the time to play and hunt all the time, I farm and have 3 kids to keep up with. I just enjoy shooting and that is what pcps are really about. Get that trigger time and shoot what you like, they also take care of any problem varmint. If i want a challenge, I go with archery gear, walk and stalk pcp, and getting big game meat is a 6.5cm, just due to no time to actually scout and use lighter equipment. I have had tons of toys, but one good house fire will cure those collecting thoughts.lmao, It all still just boils down to whatever you like. I will just keep sending puffs of air one way or another, shoot on friends! Edit. In the rain yes i would still use a pcp, just not either of my 2, but you arent taking any comletition powder burner in those conditions either. Lol, but I would.take a kral or plenty of others in that situation. I treat all my shooters the same, both woild need to be cleaned and dried after that bout. If oiled up, before hand, not much to worry.

Last edited:

Just saying 😉

Bb

I just did that with my M60b, hit the treeline with snow at -10F, bottle dropped 10 bar, went through 4 mags.

Fantastic day!

Don't see your point...

Weren't you already there when there was the Yellow Forum? Or am I remembering wrong?....
Sure was, many years part of the Yellow, Steve the dictator, ask Michael :ROFLMAO:

Back then to have an AirArms 510 was a big deal, if you had an Airwolf you where definitely elite
TAG and " Adventures in airguns" forums where big and we had an other US forum called Airgun One, FX was basically Tarantula and Cyclone, we where shooting .360 roundballs out of our .357s because there was nothing else, .30s didn't exist, DAQ was a huge deal...........and could go on an on :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Years ago I had all the best powder burner varmint calibers and guns. Forty years later I still don't think you can beat an acurized 700 Remington 22-250 Ackley shooting 80 grain Serria bullets. Now I shoot FX Royals smooth twist guns shooting pellets and for what I shoot they can't be improved on. Pick your poison.

The yellow forum was the best forum. That time in airgunning will never be duplicated nor will the forum with the characters who posted.

It was soooo much fun. The classifieds, where the first person to respond "I'll take it"
bought it. You only had what felt like seconds to decide otherwise u snooze...u lose.

I wish u guys could've experienced it.

Wonder what Johnny Sweden is doing?

The yellow forum was the best forum. That time in airgunning will never be duplicated nor will the forum with the characters who posted.

It was soooo much fun. The classifieds, where the first person to respond "I'll take it"
bought it. You only had what felt like seconds to decide otherwise u snooze...u lose.

I wish u guys could've experienced it.

Wonder what Johnny Sweden is doing?
You are so correct it was really a fun time and I really liked the "I'll take it" system

There are so many reasons for the popularity of airguns, and i think it's great. I started way back in the 1980's and bought a custom AZ tuned Rapid, that was to spoil me for the rest of my life. Then came springers like, oh I dunno, about 15 or so FWB 300's, which I dearly love to shoot. But that represents the old world type of airgun. Fast forward to today and I'm strictly pcp right now. The choices are just a reflection of the demand. Fewer good ranges for powder burners, housing crowding out land for shooting, airguns are suddenly recognised as being able to be shot almost anywhere. I used to shoot powder burners at my home on the edge of town, and I stil "can" technically, but I just don't like to bother my neighbors. I own 8+ acres, so I can get fairly far away, but the noise is still there, especially pistols. Enter my obsession with airguns, and I suddenly have a number of "ranges" right out my back door. I have three ranges over 100 yards, and several shorter, so I can have all the shooting I want with airguns and my neighbors rarely even know what I'm doing. Not to mention, it's lot cheaper than reloading and buying ammo for powder guns.