N/A The PCP world is absolutely crazy !!!!!

Nostalgically I was reading the GTA archives back in the day I started into this adventure and you quickly realize how little we had to chose from.
Today's insane, there's so much out there and such a variety makes your head spin and it's hard to keep up.

Tell you what, starting today in this adventure sire it's exciting for newcomers....Nuts !!!

Nostalgically I was reading the GTA archives back in the day I started into this adventure and you quickly realize how little we had to chose from.
Today's insane, there's so much out there and such a variety makes your head spin and it's hard to keep up.

Tell you what, starting today in this adventure sire it's exciting for newcomers....Nuts !!!
Yeah this is why I'm back to powder burners and done with AIRGUNS

Yeah this is why I'm back to powder burners and done with AIRGUNS
I've gone away pretty much too, no more Big Bores that where with me the all time and now only have the Huben pistol because it's absolutely fantastic but not even looking at other PCPs......when people mention something I need to go look it up because I have no clue what they talking about 😂

I think we are in the Golden Age of air guns, with much more development to come. I've been involved in many shooting disciplines for over 50 years. Due to several factors, I have a profound hearing loss, so I have pretty much switched to air guns. I dearly love the shotgun clay target sports, so I will occasionally go to the skeet or sporting clays range. I grew up hunting quail, dove, and waterfowl, so the shotgun sports are dear to me. That said, I think the air gun sports have a bright future. After the initial investment, air gun shooting is less expensive, and it is generally more socially and politically, acceptable, a sad but real consideration.

I agree.
Especially with FX barrels.
Im so confused!
I purchased a FX Crown about 7 years ago, back when things were simple, and now Im completely over-whelmed.

I’ve been at this hobby for about 10 years, the variety and advancements of airguns in that time has been amazing.

Exciting isn't the word I'd use but nuts is very close. It's like discovering you've accidentally walked into Wonka's chocolate factory.

I’ve been at this hobby for about 10 years, the variety and advancements of airguns in that time has been amazing.
Yeah I've been into it almost 2 decades and looking back is quite an experience, not just the guns also the ammo compared to now there was next to nothing then.

Reloading supplies are outrageous, I wish I could start back up again but it's just too expensive.

What a glorious time we live in, PCP rifles all around, so many to choose from! 😇
I don't think you're ever going to see prices of PB ammo come down. The government is trying to shut dealers down here in N.Y. A friend of mine used to have 30 plus guns out for display, he has 5 now.

Mmm, I detect a negative notion about current day airgunning.... 🤔

Mainly, because of all the options that are available to us now.... 🤔

✳️ Now — I am not about to deny you those feelings of "nuts" and "overwhelmed" — everyone must speak for themselves how they feel about that.

✳️ However — frankly I LOVE THOSE MANY OPTIONS!
To keep all the options straight and comparable side by side, I make my Specs Tables....:
Guns, slugs, pellets, range finders, and of course, scopes (cf. a Specs Table attached below).

This IS the GOLDEN AGE of airgunning❗ 🤩

Thankfully, I didn't get started too early in this: Because I would have spent my money on
▪ blurry glass with non-repeatable turrets,
▪ underpowered short-range guns,
▪ with unreasonable hold sensitivities,
▪ sitting in stocks that haven't changed shape or material since my great-grandfather died in WW I,
▪ shooting projectiles of which no-one ever measured the BC, nor had apps to put that number to any use*.

➠ Friends, it's great to be an airgunner these days! 🤩

Matthias

*E.g., yesterday I shot targets at 50y — then plugged the numbers into Strelok Pro, dialed, and shot at 150y — with the first shot on paper: I'm loving it! 🤩

● Attachment:
Scope Specs Table
Specs of about 100 scopes with 10y parallax,
6-24x | 5-30x | 4-20x

View attachment -SCOPE Specs Table. For 6-24x (5-25x) or 5-30x or 4-20x.pdf

The amount of choice is now mind boggling but breaking things down, air airguns are just a puff of air pushing a projectile out of a pipe, the way it does that varies from gun to gun. The other difference is styling, once you have decided what style and features you need rather than what’s offered, the choice becomes a lot easier.

Let’s look at some of the recent so called improvements
A regulator is not more consistent or more accurate than an unregulated gun, it only offer more shots per fill, 2 regulators are only needed to resolve variations in output pressures due to poor reg design. A regulator is more likely to fail than no regulator and 2 regulators are going to fail twice as often. Externally adjustable regs are handy but once my guns are set up to shoot the pellets of choice I don’t touch them at all.
Barrel liners, An accurate barrel is an accurate barrel regardless of manufacturer, personally I prefer a solid barrel than one requiring several parts. Once I have an accurate barrel I don’t feel the need to swap it.
Gauges are handy but are prone to inaccuracies, leaks and the possibility of being knocked so I prefer my hunting guns without them.
Bullpups, chassis or traditional sporting stocks all serve the same purpose, choose whatever you like.
Electronic triggers and power adjustment do the same thing as a mechanical trigger and hammer spring but in a different way. Again choose whatever system you feel comfortable with.
The only “modern “ improvement I use is carbon fibre buddy bottles, these are definitely not a necessity but do shave a few ounces off the weight.

Personally, I do prefer more traditional looking guns and my oldest pcp that is nearly 30years old still shoots just as well and any of my newer guns and better than other “game changers” that I have bought and now sold.

In short, choose what your want not what you are told you should have

Bb

The amount of choice is now mind boggling but breaking things down, air airguns are just a puff of air pushing a projectile out of a pipe, the way it does that varies from gun to gun. The other difference is styling, once you have decided what style and features you need rather than what’s offered, the choice becomes a lot easier.

Let’s look at some of the recent so called improvements
A regulator is not more consistent or more accurate than an unregulated gun, it only offer more shots per fill, 2 regulators are only needed to resolve variations in output pressures due to poor reg design. A regulator is more likely to fail than no regulator and 2 regulators are going to fail twice as often. Externally adjustable regs are handy but once my guns are set up to shoot the pellets of choice I don’t touch them at all.
Barrel liners, An accurate barrel is an accurate barrel regardless of manufacturer, personally I prefer a solid barrel than one requiring several parts. Once I have an accurate barrel I don’t feel the need to swap it.
Gauges are handy but are prone to inaccuracies, leaks and the possibility of being knocked so I prefer my hunting guns without them.
Bullpups, chassis or traditional sporting stocks all serve the same purpose, choose whatever you like.
Electronic triggers and power adjustment do the same thing as a mechanical trigger and hammer spring but in a different way. Again choose whatever system you feel comfortable with.
The only “modern “ improvement I use is carbon fibre buddy bottles, these are definitely not a necessity but do shave a few ounces off the weight.

Personally, I do prefer more traditional looking guns and my oldest pcp that is nearly 30years old still shoots just as well and any of my newer guns and better than other “game changers” that I have bought and now sold.

In short, choose what your want not what you are told you should have

Bb

So, an airgun ludite then?