The Pathfinder XR

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
PATHFINDERXR.jpeg

The Pathfinder XR measures a carbine length 616mm with its folding stock deployed, and just 416mm with it retracted, resulting in a rifle that is incredibly fast onto the target and useful in tight situations. It weighs just 2.9kg (6.4lbs), and yet delivers over 200 shots. Offering superb accuracy at hunting ranges out to 40 meters and beyond, the Pathfinder XR’s slick sidelever action enables fast reloading from it's all metal magazine

are those 200 shots in sub 12ftlbs? i dont see it possible any other way
Right? 200 shots from full to empty @ 5 fpe lol.

Not knocking the gun, they are awesome! Just tired of all the marketing hype... 200 shots my azz! Just like the 1200 fps springers actually do 850 with lead.

Reactions: Dairyboy
Right? 200 shots from full to empty @ 5 fpe lol.

Not knocking the gun, they are awesome! Just tired of all the marketing hype... 200 shots my azz! Just like the 1200 fps springers actually do 850 with lead.
I would bet that claim is based on a sub 12 fpe .177 PCP as per UK specs. And would agree with your statement that they are awesome. Mine has been stellar in performance, the only hiccups being the shooter.

Totally agree! I have the Sniper XR in .22, which I believe has the same action just different stock and barrel, and enjoy it very much. It actually can shoot Crosman HP very well. I would buy the Pathfinder if I don't already have a couple short FX guns.
The Pathfinder “is” basically a smaller Sniper/Commander XR… A sweet carbine, with good power for pests and small game…

The Pathfinder “is” basically a smaller Sniper/Commander XR… A sweet carbine, with good power for pests and small game…
Yes, that makes the Pathfinder ideal for many of us. The pursuit of high power is wonderful but I find 90% or more of my shooting don't require anything near 25 FPE. Just because I can and it is safe, my .22 guns are set to be 22 to 31 FPE. If I were considering a Pathfinder, I'd be happy to trade higher muzzle energy for its compactness. The specs on AoA lists the Pathfinder .22 for 27 FPE, only 3 FPE less than the Sniper! What's not to like?!

I’m assuming folding stock is for transporting… anyone actually shoot with the stock folded? I can’t imagine single shot shooting with folded stock.

Also, looking at the safety, seems a bit more recessed in the trigger guard compared to my brk sniper xr.

Looking to buy something like the pathfinder later on, I don’t have a compact pcp yet.

I’m assuming folding stock is for transporting… anyone actually shoot with the stock folded? I can’t imagine single shot shooting with folded stock.

Also, looking at the safety, seems a bit more recessed in the trigger guard compared to my brk sniper xr.

Looking to buy something like the pathfinder later on, I don’t have a compact pcp yet.
There are people shooting them in pistol field target without the stock. The saftey is the same as the commander xr and sniper. Its a commander with a 10” barrel

Reactions: L.Leon