• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

The PARD NV008S LRF is the Benchmark for Affordable Night Vision (Full Review)

pardtt.JPG

The PARD NV008S LRF Daytime/Night Vision rifle scope has 3 times the battery life of another popular brand. This all aluminum scope is both compact and rugged. The perfomance is outstanding as well. It will range your target and place a hash mark where your bullet will hit. This scope is amazing. If your thinking of an NV scope, this is the one to get. It also works awesome as a daytime scope. Another cool thing is you can put these on Layaway, if you visit the PARD website. Thanks for watching! -Nate

vv.JPG

pard66.JPG

pardnv008slrfii.JPG

ttt.JPG

Was the Pard video resized? You image above has the target super imposed on top of the video, the video target circles are oval.
Cant speak for Nate on this one, but I've noted the same on other reviews I've watched on this unit and the explanation given was something related to the software editing compression for the video to YouTube, not with the Pard unit itself. All of the reviews I've seen had the oval look to it.
Would imagine the same case here.

What I do not like about the PARD, and why I sent mine back a year or two ago (prior model but it seams this has the same issue just looking at the images) is that once you zero it in, the crosshair is way off center on the image. With my ODD this totally killed it for me. This can be mitigated with some adjustable mounts (like the infinity mount), but that is more $$$ and a lot of work. Totally kills the one shot zero concept. I settled with the Sightmark mini because, among other things, the cross hair returns to the center of the screen after each adjustment.

Saw your vid, OP and liked it. Do you have any experience with the PARD compared to say the Bering Optics thermals? I own a BO and was considering buying the LRF one, but when I watched your vid, it got me to think about the PARD since it's a lot less money. I have IR illuminators and it seems that I'd still need to use an Illuminator with the PARD.

What has been your longest shot with the PARD?

Thanks for this overview of the Pard NV008SLRF

At about 2minutes into the video you mention explaining the differences between the 2 IR wavelengths (850 & 940 )nm.
However, I did not find where you got to doing that.
Will you offer that explanation please?

Also, if you or any members have video of critters at night through this scope, please post some

Thanks
Edward

At about 2minutes into the video you mention explaining the differences between the 2 IR wavelengths (850 & 940 )nm.

Also, if you or any members have video of critters at night through this scope, please post some

Thanks
Edward

It has to do with the IR illuminator.
The 940 has a little bit dimmer red glow when the IR is on, in case you are hunting spooky animals it’s marginally better.
A good deal of us use an external illuminator that is more powerful and doesn’t deplete to battery of the unit. You can use 940 or 850 interchangeably with whatever unit you buy.

Reactions: SilentSquirrel
This is not using the 008s illuminator. I have a 850nm floodlight that covers my yard. It provides plenty for pesting, but the video does get grainy because it’s not bright illumination. My floodlight is 18 yards from the feeder

I will try and remember to turn it on the next time I have a rat at the feeder.

I also have a DS35. The DS35 is superior IMO if you want to use it day and night. My 008s is basically a night only rig for me.

Thanks
Edward
@SilentSquirrel In my “Those Dam Beavers!” Thread there are a couple of links to video through the Pard NV 008s. I’ll edit this when i fetch the link.

Edit: Here’s the link to that thread. One video clip is in post #104 on page 6. https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/those-dam-beavers.1288980/

It has to do with the IR illuminator.
The 940 has a little bit dimmer red glow when the IR is on, in case you are hunting spooky animals it’s marginally better.
A good deal of us use an external illuminator that is more powerful and doesn’t deplete to battery of the unit. You can use 940 or 850 interchangeably with whatever unit you buy.
@SilentSquirrel To my understanding the 940 is supposed to be less visible or invisible wavelength but covers a shorter distance. 850 casts a stronger beam but you can see a faint reg glow from the bulb if you’re looking at it. It’s not advised to look into an air scope. Smart animals can pick up on the red glow. You may have noticed this when viewing trail cam footage how th animals are looking at the trail cam. If you look at one when it’s activated you should notice the red glow from the lights on an 850 IR. Hope this explains it a little better for you.

Hello @Florida_Man
Would you mind telling more about why you consider the DS35 to be better as a day/night scope than the NV008S, please?

Also, may one assume you think the NV008S superior at night?
If so, why, please

FWIW my night shooting will be under 65 yards.
I'm just not certain I have a rifle to dedicate to nighttime only
Thanks
Edward

@SilentSquirrel To my understanding the 940 is supposed to be less visible or invisible wavelength but covers a shorter distance. 850 casts a stronger beam but you can see a faint reg glow from the bulb if you’re looking at it.
for all practical purposes at the 'bargain' level of illuminators you wont see any difference in 'light power' between 940 and 850 .. theres much more difference between lights of similar 'wattage' with the lens setup AND most importantly, battery quality ... but the major difference with 940 is the unit itself is practically invisible from the business end .. 850 is actually easily seen if its pointing at you, neighbors or anyone that knows whats up can definitely see an 850 ..animals, well, animals generally arnt startled by alittle light, but if they associate it with their buddies dropping left and right or holes punching into things by their head, yeah, they can associate the 850 cherry light to that pretty quick .

@SilentSquirrel To my understanding the 940 is supposed to be less visible or invisible wavelength but covers a shorter distance. 850 casts a stronger beam but you can see a faint reg glow from the bulb if you’re looking at it. It’s not advised to look into an air scope. Smart animals can pick up on the red glow. You may have noticed this when viewing trail cam footage how th animals are looking at the trail cam. If you look at one when it’s activated you should notice the red glow from the lights on an 850 IR. Hope this explains it a little better for you.
Yeah, the trail cams motion on and off the IR. I went the route of my floodlight being on whenever its dark, so its a constant red glow from the same spot. The animals get accustom to it in my pesting application. For my use it is practical.

Hello @Florida_Man
Would you mind telling more about why you consider the DS35 to be better as a day/night scope than the NV008S, please?

Also, may one assume you think the NV008S superior at night?
If so, why, please

FWIW my night shooting will be under 65 yards.
I'm just not certain I have a rifle to dedicate to nighttime only
Thanks
Edward
The 008s is a zero eye relief. During the day you have to turn the screen brightness up if you don't use the rubber eye cap. During the day when you can use left eye open to get a better feel for your environment, its a pain. The DS35 has some eye relief, and a better screen inside the eye piece. It is more like using a traditional scope. The DS35 is just as good as the 008s at night for me.