The PARD NV008S LRF is the Benchmark for Affordable Night Vision (Full Review)

pardtt.JPG

The PARD NV008S LRF Daytime/Night Vision rifle scope has 3 times the battery life of another popular brand. This all aluminum scope is both compact and rugged. The perfomance is outstanding as well. It will range your target and place a hash mark where your bullet will hit. This scope is amazing. If your thinking of an NV scope, this is the one to get. It also works awesome as a daytime scope. Another cool thing is you can put these on Layaway, if you visit the PARD website. Thanks for watching! -Nate

vv.JPG

pard66.JPG

pardnv008slrfii.JPG

ttt.JPG

Was the Pard video resized? You image above has the target super imposed on top of the video, the video target circles are oval.
Cant speak for Nate on this one, but I've noted the same on other reviews I've watched on this unit and the explanation given was something related to the software editing compression for the video to YouTube, not with the Pard unit itself. All of the reviews I've seen had the oval look to it.
Would imagine the same case here.

What I do not like about the PARD, and why I sent mine back a year or two ago (prior model but it seams this has the same issue just looking at the images) is that once you zero it in, the crosshair is way off center on the image. With my ODD this totally killed it for me. This can be mitigated with some adjustable mounts (like the infinity mount), but that is more $$$ and a lot of work. Totally kills the one shot zero concept. I settled with the Sightmark mini because, among other things, the cross hair returns to the center of the screen after each adjustment.

Saw your vid, OP and liked it. Do you have any experience with the PARD compared to say the Bering Optics thermals? I own a BO and was considering buying the LRF one, but when I watched your vid, it got me to think about the PARD since it's a lot less money. I have IR illuminators and it seems that I'd still need to use an Illuminator with the PARD.

What has been your longest shot with the PARD?