• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
I’ve sent them recently. They are still sold in 1250 count boxes in .177 for under $40 per box.
My understanding is they (the Premier Lite 7.9gr) are discontinued and have been for a while now. They were only 1250ct boxes, so $40 would be a princely sum for them. They are certainly very good pellets either way.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
My understanding is they (the Premier Lite 7.9gr) are discontinued and have been for a while now. They were only 1250ct boxes, so $40 would be a princely sum for them. They are certainly very good pellets either way.
@thumper I have not seen a pellet advertised as “Premier Lite,” only “Premier Domed,” “Premier Hollow Point,” etc. These are .177, 10.5 grain domed pellets (14.3 grain in .22).

AGD has them in stock for around $35 https://www.airgundepot.com/177hb.html

Crosman has them in stock for around $38

Some other site I’ve never heard of nor used has an ad up for a 1250ct box of 7.9 grain .177 domed pellets for just under $20. I’d almost bet donuts to dollars it’s a scam site.

They are not cheap. Probably best to catch them on sale from a reputable site if you just gotta have them. The good thing about shooting CPHPs is that they’re affordable. Crosman domed pellets cannot be found as easily near the same price point. At least I haven’t found them.

Last edited:
Reactions: thumper
If you go to gta and look at what nced says the box you get tofay ate not the same as old .. the old " good ones" been discontinued.... Heck i think he just went looking for another pellet to shoot after the change in the boxed crosmans.

Its all about the he cheaper better product ... ( Cheaper for them to make and better profit for the shareholders)😜

Heres my 50y stock irons with cphp tin pellets .177 R9

Now if i could hit all 8 on a challenge paper just like them id submit it fast... Real fast😎

image3.jpg

Last edited:
@igolfat8 Do people sort .177 pellets by head size? Never mind. I looked up the Pelletgage and saw a couple for .177 pellets. Hadn’t noticed that before. Sorting .177 CPHP pellets by head size looks like it would be a serious pain in the ass. https://pelletgage.com/shop/ols/products/177-pelletgage
Yes.

I sort JSB original .177 Monsters by weight and pelletgage, and it is an exercise in ass pain.
That being said, one of my Steyrs is a ringer with sorted and lubed pellets, while straight from the tin it will drive you to tears...........
Seriously, the most fussy rifle I have ever seen, but I love it dearly.

Reactions: dow4hurst
Yes.

I sort JSB original .177 Monsters by weight and pelletgage, and it is an exercise in ass pain.
That being said, one of my Steyrs is a ringer with sorted and lubed pellets, while straight from the tin it will drive you to tears...........
Seriously, the most fussy rifle I have ever seen, but I love it dearly.
Chuck, there is a version of Pelletgage, PelletgageR - made to sort pellets more efficiently. Each gage plate has 48 identical apertures. You can "stack" a larger gage plate over a smaller, and for instance use a 4.53 and a 4.51, sorting 48 pellets into three groups, >4.53, >4.51<4.53, and <4.51. 10-20X faster than doing it one pellet at a time, pain relieved. I have had others tell me that Steyers get much better groups after sorting for a specific head size. Here is a link to a video https://www.bakerairguns.com/general/introducing-the-pelletgager/

If you go to gta and look at what nced says the box you get tofay ate not the same as old
Didn’t see this thread until today but Ed’s comments are spot on with my experience. The once vaunted boxed pellets are mediocre at best. The ordinary tinned pellets from back around 2012 - 2013 tended to be better than the boxed ones today.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
I’ve been weighing pellets. Haven’t tried a pellet head sizer. I can say that there is a wide weight distribution in most tins. Slugs are tighter but still have varied weights in a container. I figured mass influenced by gravity is the major reason for flyers. If I shoot a group with Crosman Premier ultra magnums, where the weight is identical to +/- 0.02 gr, then they almost go in the same hole. The attached pic is my submoa submission at Pyramyd Air. That was a good day! But pellet mass wasn’t an issue! It was me on the line! 😂

Air Venturi Avenger bullpup 22 cal. at 25 yards, 5 consecutive shots, and no wind.
Best wishes,
Dow

142DB8FE-ED1F-49FD-9758-FA92FE282E67.jpeg