The One Trigger to Rule Them All...

Best so far was my Steyr LG100 adjusted to single stage with a 3 oz crisp glass rod break. You could leave your finger on the trigger and and when ready...

D and W's P70 triggers are awesome to.

The Morini E trigger could be adjusted to 1oz, or heavier, but lacked the glass rod break feel even on a slightly heavier weight. I haven't found a fantastic e trigger yet. I love E-mountain bikes though, lol. Shameless plug! 

The Anschutz 9015 ball bearing trigger has the feel I prefer most. I always wanted one for a FT rifle but I steer away from 2 part action designs.

Trigger Tech, also a ball bearing design, that can be used for M700 and clone centerfires, is what I prefer. They are so crisp.

It's the clean defined break I'm looking for in a trigger.

Frankly, im not trigger picky...at all. I pretty much adapt very quickly to any trigger within reason. I even am very pleased with the trigger on my LGU and don't understand why all the crying about it.

That said, its the Air Arms trigger when considering stock triggers. After Motorhead had his way with them, the triggers on my Weirauchs and Diana's are almost...but not quite as good! Thats because Scott's also had his way with it! 

HW100 for me. 

True 2-stage and fully adjustable, but simple and can be seen through the skeletonized trigger body with the action out of the stock. 

They can be set for absolutely zero creep, and without the "hanging up" that other triggers can have. 

They can be made plenty light out of the box, and scary light with a simple modification. 

As far as spring rifle triggers go, I think the Rekord is second to the FWB300 series triggers. 

Im always impressed at how good a spring rifle trigger can be considering it's holding back at least a couple hundred pounds, and can be set to ounces. Meanwhile PCPs and firearms have a fraction of the forces to deal with, and aren't much better in a lot of cases. Especially firearms with horribly heavy single stage triggers.

Agree completely-it's amazing that spring gun triggers can be as excellent as they are considering what they have to do. And the HW100 trigger has also become one of my very favorites.

Same here. My HW100 laminate carbine has become one of my favorites. Observing the trigger in motion is a beautiful thing, and demonstrates why the design is so favored in military applications. The second stage sear engagement is very deep at rest. When the first stage is pulled to its stop, the second stage sear engagement moves to its minimal and final position, where only a slight additional movement releases the shot. You could drop a cocked rifle from a tree and probably not get a discharge. I still like a single stage for targets, but I greatly admire this design.

Although I grew up with some very good single stage triggers and preferred them when young, I have come to prefer the two stage triggers for many applications. Maybe I just don't have the touch that I once did but the two stage triggers are easier for me to finely control these days. The HW100 trigger is certainly a masterful design. As you note, the combination of an excellent safety situation along with such a finely tuned feel makes it one of the best in my book.

Anschutz 2002 CA trigger. 

1598657795_905843965f499503b82604.35639788.jpeg

Interesting answers overall. I am not a trigger expert or as they say, trigger snob. I reckon I could tell a really bad one & a decent one.

What is interesting is that over the time I have been here, every time the question comes up, most answers have been a really solid Taipan. But there’s been one or two lonely votes this time. (I’m not diminishing the other answers) Even Ernest praised the Taipans for their triggers as the best or one of the best (don’t recall) 

Anyway, of what I have owned, the Taipan wins it for me. 

Two best triggers for me:

- AAA Evol - haven't adjusted anything because it's perfect ootb for me. Light 1st stage, clean wall, crisp break every time but not quite a like a knife edge break.

- FX Ranchero w/ match trigger. Love this trigger. Only adjustment I've made is adjusting the finger pad for little height and cant. Such a light and clean break I have to warn anyone to take a few shots to get used to it.

A few rifles I've owned have had exceptional triggers. An old college owned Diana 100 was tops. A Walther LG300 with an upgraded blade. My current Diana 54 To6.

The Diana 100 trigger was solid, yet supple and all the feels.

The LG300 trigger was ergonomically the best, the different adjustments were over the top, but when adjusted to suit me, ooh lah lah.

My Diana 54 To6 has never been adjusted, or "tuned" by me or anyone else. The pull is unique in that the sled action slides it away from the trigger finger during release, but also a very long reach using the factory thumb over stock. I have monkey fingers, so the 54 is a great fit, the trigger is my favorite.