RTI The Next Chapter - RTI Prophet 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got three P1's - .177, .22, and .25. All slug shooters and all dead accurate and reliable. The .22 and .25 do sport the newer RPB barrels and the .25 does have a simpler fixed reg on it @175 bar. I'd had a bad reg originally, RTI hooked me up with a replacement but that too started creeping after a short time so I just bagged it and went with the fixie. It's been solid since.

Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not. Either the barrel is bent upward or the carbon fiber bottle is not exactly uniform. I've looked at some pictures and the gap between the barrel shroud and the bottle looks evenly spaced between the two surfaces. So either my barrel shroud tilts up or the bottle tilts down. I don't know if there is a problem or just acceptable mfg tolerances.View attachment 438002
My prophet 2 is the same as yours, probably a difference of about 1 mm. Never took much notice till now.
It hasn't caused any issues so far.

Doesn't fit my style ... infact, I prefer my Taipan Vet Compact better. Wish I lived next to a dealer shop. Yes, I prefer chapter 1 and chapter 2 will be short. I appreciate the Taipan more and more. Wish some of the AN members with large collections were near by! To make it clear, its NOT the rifle, its the user. My reaction to the Taipan and Prophet was not the same (in-hand). So looks like a piece of short 2x4 does it for me. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not. Either the barrel is bent upward or the carbon fiber bottle is not exactly uniform. I've looked at some pictures and the gap between the barrel shroud and the bottle looks evenly spaced between the two surfaces. So either my barrel shroud tilts up or the bottle tilts down. I don't know if there is a problem or just acceptable mfg tolerances.View attachment 438002
Here’s what’s going on. Thanks to the internet and shade tree fixes, guys just degas the gun and clock the reg to a position they like so they can have their gauges and fill nipple where they want them. Unfortunately once the gun is aired up, now you’re riding 100% on the threads. And it doesn’t take a genius to know threads aren’t straight. I clock the regs on my RTI’s by shimming them or removing a couple thousandths off the reg body on a lathe. Everything is now snug and square. Oh, I’ve also seen where guys will stick an oring in there. Just not the smartest way to go about doing things. You want flat surface contacting flat surface to keep those couple threads happy at thousands of PSI.

RTI Prophet 2.1 in .22 caliber on the way and the next chapter in my PCP venture. Plan to do an unboxing photo shoot and throw out a few of my 2 cents. I'd say this purchase was even more unexpected venture than the first PCP. Just waiting on that brown truck ... check back and hope some built up excitement will follow soon. Arrived, Monday the 19th ... :cautious:
You might also want to refer to your Prophet as a Prophet 2 until you have a look at what valve is in it. The RTI Shop sells a true 2.1. TT said my P2 was fully updated so I might have been able to call it a 2.1. But after I took it apart, it was lacking. It’s a 2.1 now after getting the proper parts from across the pond.

You might also want to refer to your Prophet as a Prophet 2 until you have a look at what valve is in it. The RTI Shop sells a true 2.1. TT said my P2 was fully updated so I might have been able to call it a 2.1. But after I took it apart, it was lacking. It’s a 2.1 now after getting the proper parts from across the pond.
I'll leave this up to AN members, but this is where and how the rifle was purchased from one of the recommended USA vendors. Same websites are still available as of this reply. At the time of purchase, 2.1 and I have no interest in disassembling.
prophet 2.1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hussn32
Status
Not open for further replies.