RTI The Next Chapter - RTI Prophet 2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
RTI Prophet 2.1 in .22 caliber on the way and the next chapter in my PCP venture. Plan to do an unboxing photo shoot and throw out a few of my 2 cents. I'd say this purchase was even more unexpected venture than the first PCP. Just waiting on that brown truck ... check back and hope some built up excitement will follow soon. Arrived, Monday the 19th ... :cautious:

Last edited:
Looking forward to seeing your new gun!!
We have a great network of RTI owners here on Airgun Nation. Always talking care of each other. Build and learning together and sharing our knowledge with the community. RTI and Wolfiek Group are some of the key support partners of the Prophet community.
You sound like you’re going to fit right in here, with your drive to show the unboxing of your new love.
Congratulations, Mont

Okay, here it is - UNBOXING. Packing for protection on the low end. Presentation great on the inside of the RTI case and the extra's are a nice touch of swag. My biggest complaint is the RTI case looks used as appears to have been slid around on a rough surface, all scratched up. At this price point, everything should be sorted out and squared away. The rifle itself looks flawless visually and a solid feel when handling. Overall, less than expected for handling of a 1.5K setup.

DSC_0609.JPG

DSC_0611.JPG

DSC_0608.JPG

DSC_0610.JPG

DSC_0607.JPG

DSC_0612.JPG

DSC_0613.JPG

Last edited:
How does this report card look that came with the pkg? And, if you happen to own a Prophet, does this look promising? Might sound like I'm full of it, but looking at this rifle to be the last one (wife demand).

View attachment 437663
Looks good to me.

And last rifle? I have heard that one before. ;)

I will say this though, I bought my Prophet Performance V1 almost two years ago and have been satisfied enough with it, that I have been able to resist the temptation to shop for another.............for now.

What is the difference between the prophet 2.1 and the P3?
Is it just the Barrel?
IMHO and in agreement with a Youtube review, not enough for me to go to the P3. Similar scenario with the Taipan Veteran and Veteran II, not enough for me but maybe for thee. Anyway, those Youtube folks can sort out the differences faster and better. I'll say that each time I thought I wanted this but ended up with that.

How does this report card look that came with the pkg? And, if you happen to own a Prophet, does this look promising? Might sound like I'm full of it, but looking at this rifle to be the last one (wife demand).

View attachment 437663
LOL. Last rifle..but does she know you can buy four different caliber of barrels in three different lengths? 😆 That’s called wiggle room.

What is the difference between the prophet 2.1 and the P3?
Is it just the Barrel?
barrel is the same RPB, larger valve diameter, hammerspring adjusting wheel, different butt pad(cheap and it falls with use),adjustable scope rail and 2 barrel retaining screws with a transfer port plug at the front, i sold the P3 as soon as i shot a maverick

barrel is the same RPB, larger valve diameter, hammerspring adjusting wheel, different butt pad(cheap and it falls with use),adjustable scope rail and 2 barrel retaining screws with a transfer port plug at the front, i sold the P3 as soon as i shot a maverick
Maverick is a nice setup. Lots of great options out there. If I had no limitations financially, this would be a different chapter and FX, RTI, Taipan would not be on my list. I know what I would like but finding all the boxes checked, the product does not exist - yet. For the most part, these air rifles are absolutely over priced (certainly have my speculations) but I'm getting more in and outdoor time shooting compared to my fire breathing dragons. This also includes enjoyment time shooting with the family.

RTI logo did it for me! All kidding aside, no, the RTI Prophet 2.1 was not my first pick and a ways down on the list. However, in private conversations with other well seasoned forum members ... hopefully I'm good to go for awhile. I kind of tend to like odd ball designs, tinker, ammo options, and power. Bought or traded for an assortment of food off AN classifieds. Excited to get out, shoot, enjoy & relax. I'm not getting any younger.

I should be expecting a P3 performance in a few days. Look forward to seeing how you get along with your 2.1 and my 3. Mine will be a .22. I am looking how this rifle will be at bench shooting at 50 yards and 100. Will use pellets at 50 and slugs for 100...unless the Grands work out for 100 :unsure: . Hope we can test out what is out there to get the best results for us. I have a large assortment of pellets and slugs of various weights, sizes and designs to aid us in testing. Hopefully we can lock down some solid tunes for our rifles. This will be my 1st airgun purchase in 10 years, and i am hoping i made the right choice.
I'm sure we'll be chatting in the future
Hope we find what we are looking for
Mike

Reactions: ChickenDumpling
Maverick is a nice setup. Lots of great options out there. If I had no limitations financially, this would be a different chapter and FX, RTI, Taipan would not be on my list. I know what I would like but finding all the boxes checked, the product does not exist - yet. For the most part, these air rifles are absolutely over priced (certainly have my speculations) but I'm getting more in and outdoor time shooting compared to my fire breathing dragons. This also includes enjoyment time shooting with the family.

RTI logo did it for me! All kidding aside, no, the RTI Prophet 2.1 was not my first pick and a ways down on the list. However, in private conversations with other well seasoned forum members ... hopefully I'm good to go for awhile. I kind of tend to like odd ball designs, tinker, ammo options, and power. Bought or traded for an assortment of food off AN classifieds. Excited to get out, shoot, enjoy & relax. I'm not getting any younger.
understood sir. it will do the job great, my p3 was a horrible lemon and the dealer would not support . if i got to have an rti again it would be the P1

understood sir. it will do the job great, my p3 was a horrible lemon and the dealer would not support . if i got to have an rti again it would be the P1
I have no hands on experience with P2 or P3. I bought my P1 not long after the P2 became available and got a decent price on the old outdated Prophet Performance. I love this gun too!

Not sure if this is supposed to be like this or not. Either the barrel is bent upward or the carbon fiber bottle is not exactly uniform. I've looked at some pictures and the gap between the barrel shroud and the bottle looks evenly spaced between the two surfaces. So either my barrel shroud tilts up or the bottle tilts down. I don't know if there is a problem or just acceptable mfg tolerances.
DSC_0615.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.