• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

The new Weihrauch HW35k

So I recently received a HW35k from Krale after it had been on backorder for months. While waiting for it to arrive I purchased a new scope and rings. I was however a bit surprised when I opened the box and saw open sights and no moderator. It does have the “updated” no groove stock. I posted pics of it and actually really like it’s looks, being kind of a chunky HW50 with the carbine barrel. I emailed Krale about the shipment and their response basically asked what I wanted to do to correct this. I purchased the 35k to resemble my Urban Pro and Hunter. As I hold the rifle I’m convincing myself to keep it. Have not shot it yet. Anyone ever send anything back to Krale?

B14D8B4A-E4C9-4943-811E-2E44322E7037.1643202354.jpeg

370EA27E-A256-4521-BC10-C4ED7CCE2574.1643202366.jpeg

Reactions: Mg616
Never even bought from them but a couple ideas come to mind:

-Find a good gunsmith, have the barrel threaded for 1/2-20 UNF and put your own moderator on it. I think it's fellow member jusanothajoe that had it done to an HW50 and put a DonnyFL on his.

-Measure the OD of your barrel then find a Weihrauch moderator that will fit it.

-If you don't want the expense of threading, there are always aftermarket adapters made you could slide on then use a screw on moderator.

-Leave it just the way it is, shoot it and enjoy your new rifle.

-The obvious one...Krale will tell you how to go about sending it back should you decide to.

I'm sure others will chime in with their own thoughts and ideas.

That’s a great looking 35. Love the carbine. The build quality is better on the 35 than the 50. Krale should not have put a moderator on the pic though. Sending it back would be a hassle. And expensive. As hard as they are to get I would definitely keep it. You may very well find out that the extra weight tames the gun and it outshoots the 50. Plus it has the positive barrel lock. Close to the old HW55. That HW35 would be perfect for a diopter rear sight.. 

Reactions: Trunion and Mg616
The specs on the website were correct, to include total barrel length, despite not having the mod. I’m a big fan of Weihrauch mods but adding the 15mm slip on makes it far too long. Not that it really needs a mod?! As mentioned, it was supposed to add to the “K” collection. And yes Dan, as we discussed, the build quality is still great. 

D89426E6-1797-468A-9003-853F3E07B718.1643205777.jpeg

So often in my life looking back I remember the things that came along and were not what I was expecting. After that initial disappointment dissolves I begin to see the pluses in what I have. I’ll bet that 35 carbine is a real shooter. Could very well become your favorite Weihrauch. The 50 has a huge following. It just may be discovered that this 35 carbine is the ultimate in Weihrauch line up. 

1. better build quality 

2. Positive locking barrel 

3. added weight for taming behavior and bench shooting 

4. thicker stock 

5. more opportunity for modifying ( larger receiver diameter)

It is a nice looking rifle, love the carbine, wish they offered it in a Walnut stock. I love both of mine.

Yes, a walnut stock would be nice. In looking back, it was a strange purchase. When notified it was in stock they didn’t specify the available caliber, providing specs only for a .177, really dropped the ball on depicting the actual rifle, but more than made up for it with their customer service. If they restock and have one in .22, I’m in. 

I looked as well but see they had a listing for a 35k but when you click on specs, page not found appears. These pics are on the sight but even zooming in on the top one, which looks to me to have a carbine barrel, doesn’t display a k If you see something else somewhere Dan, let me know. I’m thinking that finding one in .22 is not gonna happen.

08555737-FCD2-4AD9-88EA-79335FB5DD43.1643470774.jpeg

This is the HW35E Walnut stock. Same picture as the standard. Looks like a carbine because of the angle. Neither are carbines. This is also the data sheet. No “K” model listed. Maybe Krale had these made for them. Doubt it. With Weihrauch not making the .20 or .25 calibers right now they have probably stopped other products as well. Krale told me COVID has been a real problem at Weihrauch.

96FCEC4A-25F2-4B33-881B-2B595490BDB1.1643472966.jpeg
6405EE44-448B-4B08-A9D6-4EE2DA2EAB51.1643472967.jpeg