Tuning The new REPR Reg for Leshiy 2

Hi all,

I am curious to hear if anyone who received their Leshiy 2 in the past couple of weeks can shed any light on the performance of the new REPR regulator mod that came as an update unfortunately right after I got mine… Oh well I just ordered one a couple of days ago on pre-order as they were not in stock. It sounds amazing but there’s very little info about it that I’ve seen so far. Being able to adjust the Reg pressure from the outside both up and down by just turning the little disc is a huge advantage if it works like I am thinking it will. Should be able to micro adjust to perfect pretty much any projectile you wish to shoot!! I would have thought that this news would have blown up but it’s been pretty hush hush so far…? I’m just trying to get some info on how it’s working for anyone who currently has one whether it be from a new gun or one that was upgraded with it. The cost is $250 and I didn’t hesitate to buy it given my understanding of how it works. No need to degas and take anything apart anymore. The bottom of the unit has a bspp thread to fit a gauge as well! Thank you for the insight while I anxiously await its arrival! 

how does powerjet configuration work with new adjustable regulator?

with previous gen leshiy 2, I was under impression that regulator pressure is crude way to adjust pellet speed and the fine tuning is done with the powejets - is this still the case?

You need to read up more on what owners are achieving with this gun. Yes the internal adjustable reg caused you to have to de gas and disassemble the tube to adjust and also to change the jets on the valve but now that the gun has been out for a while we have a pretty good base on what jets are required for the different calibers and barrel lengths to control the valves dwell time. Once that is set the regulator controls the speed to tune to a given pellet or slug speed. So this externally adjustable reg is a big improvement . There is nothing crude about the Leshiy 2 except maybe the lack of trigger adjustment but with practice it can be overcome. It’s not going to compete with an impact or a lot of other less expensive guns on the bench for best groups . That is not what this gun is to be compared to or for. So it’s not for everyone but for many it’s winding up their favorite one. 

how does powerjet configuration work with new adjustable regulator?

with previous gen leshiy 2, I was under impression that regulator pressure is crude way to adjust pellet speed and the fine tuning is done with the powejets - is this still the case?

if it isn't clear yet, i will give you how i understand it so far, and then somebody can correct me if needed.

there are 2 basic ways to adjust: pressure and dwell.

how much air pressure is in the plenum behind the pellet is controlled by the regulator, and dwell is how long the valve is open, allowing that pressurized air to flow and push the pellet. dwell is more typically controlled my the hammer, and the heavier the hammer fall, the longer the valve stays open. the leshiy, being hammerless, doesn't have this option, so the jets are used to control this timing, with larger jets closing the valve sooner.

so why is dwell important? i assume it is because if you have a longer barrel (for example) you may need to keep pushing longer to get the most out of the barrel. alternatively, you don't want to waste air by pushing air after the pellet has left the barrel. there may be other tuning benefits from playing with these jets...and it is possible pressure also affects the valve timing.

the 3rd variable that appears unique to the leshiy is the "power puck" or size of the hole where the air comes out. since i don't live where there are power restrictions, i don't even have anything but the normal puck spares, but i assume the smaller hole is more efficient when running lower pressures.