The New Oilless Umarex ReadyAir Airgun Compressor

Would it be possible to see a few pictures with the covers off????

I'm also interested in knowing more about the carbon "filter" that is supposed to remove water or to keep moisture from ending up in the airgun bottle.

Need more pictures and information please ! ! ! ! !

what does the carbon do with the water ? absorb it and become carbon paste ?

what happens when the carbon becomes saturated ? can it remove water from itself ?

OK, we need a LOT more information before ordering. 😃

I watched a video review at another forum.. first the noise is at OSHA limit of 90 dba for hearing protection.. second the reviewer had it sitting on a foam pad probably to reduce the vibration/noise..it shakes and would probably "walk" itself across the floor without that pad.

The digital control buttons will not last....they will crack and break up with use. 

I tried to put in an order through the Umarex website, but it seems my credit card got bounced back and cancelled... perhaps a blessing in disguise then as I was about to be the guinea pig, but I guess now I will wait this one out.

I also thought about being a guinea pig but then I saw where a guy is trying to do a quantity buy of the SCU60 compressor which looks more interesting if the price turns out right. 😁

My main concern with the Umarex is how it handles moisture removal. Which I don't think it does at all but they aren't giving out any information on that subject. We'll see.

ReadyAir vertical water separator.
(not drawn to scale)

ReadyAir-WaterSeparator-Drawing.1607543726.jpg

As mentioned above by an Airgun Nation faithful, you can always add an in-line filter for added moisture protection if you prefer.

One thing that I have always thought about portable hpa compressors designed to fill a PCP was that they would benefit from having a small (one liter capacity?) on board reservoir. 

Instead of trying to fill the PCP directly from the compressor the shooter could fill from the on board reservoir and the compressor could top off the pressure at a more relaxed rate.

Think that it would be a win-win situation. The PCP could be filled quickly and the compressor could be designed to work at lower stress levels.

I top off my cf 4500 psi tank once a week, it would be more convenient if I had a small tank that was always full. 

Just a thought. 

Carbon filters are great for absorbing water (the are like little sponges) and once saturated need to be baked out (I forget the temp and time but for some reason 500 degrees for several hours comes to mind). Not so sure about the "oilless" technology. All they are doing to go oil free is using a softer metal that breaks down quicker and sacrifices itself as lube. With low pressure (150 psi) this type of compressor has a reasonable life span and a good service life. High pressure has to put an incredible strain on those tiny pistons and the lack of any kind of lubrication (even the limited amount we see in a traditional young Heng type compressor)has to eat those rings up pretty fast. I'm on year 4 with my traditional China compressor (I actually have 2 now as one was a freebie for a review) and with a little maintenance (oil changes mostly), they are still working great. Sure I give up portability (thats why I have 2 air cylinders for my rifle so I can go into the field with enough air for 80 shots), but the reliability is more important for me. I don't get to shoot as much as I want but when I have the time off it is nothing for me to shot through 10 to 15 refills in a day.

I don’t shoot as much as I would like. I am looking into getting a compressor but I am hesitant about a new product vs an existing platform. Any thoughts?

You are wise to be hesitant. Even though it costs nearly double, I would opt for a Hill EC-3000 over one of these Umarex compressors. It's just another Cninese disposable compressor with too many design compromises to be seriously considered. $550 for a compressor is a lot of money unless it is built to last.

The noise seems to scare me away for some reason. Can you stand that noise for 20+ minutes when filling a bigger CU tank?

That thing will walk across your garage floor...

I've operated four different units, two on concrete, one on a wood surface bench, and one on a wood-top folding table that was on dirt at a remote range. Two on smooth garage concrete. One of the same two on a textured concrete pad at a range. No "walk" on any of those surfaces. If anything, there may be a slight creep depending on your surface type... nothing that I've operated it on has caused or resulted in a "walk" concern. Not once have I had one "walk" away or near an edge of a surface. It has rubber "feet" that grab the surface it sits on, as rubber does. 

Yes, it is noisy once the air-moving fans kick on. That's the tradeoff for being oilless, simple to operate, and a bit less in monetary cost. It won't be for everyone, especially those here that already have compressors. For others just now entering the PCP arena, there are several options on the market all with varying features. For those who are gear heads or grew up with a gear-head or mechanic, you may appreciate the ReadyAir. There's just something familiar about it, at least for me.

~JB