The New Oilless Umarex ReadyAir Airgun Compressor

UmarexUSA-JB

Manufacturer
Mar 16, 2017
AR, United States
FORT SMITH, AR (December 3, 2020) – Umarex USA is removing the barrier to air by introducing a ground-breaking new oilless portable air compressor to fill your high-pressure air guns at home, the range, or in the field. The lightweight yet robust Umarex® ReadyAir™ brings a whole new level of electronically smart controlled reliability, convenience, and ease to filling your PCP airguns.

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.44.21 AM.1607017500.png

Check it out: https://www.umarexusa.com/umarex-readyair-portable-compressor

Umarex is answering the question, “How do I fill this air rifle?” with the ReadyAir airgun compressor. The new Umarex ReadyAir Compressor delivers extreme pressure for filling serious high-pressure airguns without breaking the bank or the compressor breaking down. It utilizes a patented oilless piston compression technology to effortlessly fill PCP reservoirs up to a true 4500 psi, time and time again.

The oilless system is simple and requires less maintenance allowing shooters to spend more time shooting and less time maintaining their compressor. It’s the only smart airgun compressor in its class engineered to be oilless and control the extreme heat generated by the compression of air. The heavy-duty quality components combined with logical engineering and smart electronic governors increases its life expectancy and decreases maintenance while eliminating the need for liquid cooling or lubrication.

“In a growing market of 3,000 PSI and greater airguns, shooters need an easy, yet reliable and portable air source. The Umarex ReadyAir reliably fills airgun reservoirs and goes the distance without stopping short,” said Richard Turner, President of Umarex USA, Inc. “It fills 4,500 psi airguns like that of our Umarex Hammer and other big game hunting air rifles in just minutes.”

The Umarex ReadyAir can be run on 12 volts with the included eight-foot battery clamp cables using your vehicle or plugged into your standard 110-volt electrical outlet without the use of an external converter box. It can be electronically programmed to fill to any desired pressure up to 4,500 psi and its user can select between one of two available languages—English or Spanish. It is managed by a smart on-board computer that automatically shuts the compressor off if the set running temperature is ever exceeded thereby preventing shooters and hunters from being without air while in remote locations. Its air compression rate is fully governed to compliment the maximum durability of the compressor and provide a minimal fill time while simultaneously extending the compressor’s operational life. It also features a compressed activated charcoal filter to prevent dirt and moisture from entering your airgun’s reservoir.

If you shoot with air you can pick up the reliable and portable Umarex ReadyAir for a MSRP of $549.99. No longer will you have to manually hand pump or visit a scuba shop to refill your air guns. With the ReadyAir you can fill your air rifles and pistols in just minutes, whenever and wherever you need to. Each ReadyAir includes the compressor unit with carry handle, a 110v power cord, a long 12v battery clamp cable, a quick-connect high-pressure hose with quick connect fittings, and an extra charcoal moisture filter that’s simple to change.

Mod Edit: Added Pic so this topic appears in Industry Direct Thumbnail Box.

The initial warranty is for one year. No extended warranty at this time. It comes with a set of o-rings and piston rings and we have extras of those items coming so they will be available from Umarex USA service department and the website once they get into the system. I'm no sparky, so unable to address the ground question. (Received info: The main current to the motor is 12V.)

I don't see a UL, ETL or some other listing safety authority. 2 wire power should be covered by the listing. authority.

A listing authority won't guaranty it works but verify its safe. The pump I use has a CE sticker.

UL certification for a 12v DC motor? If you are using a wall plug power supply to run the 12v compressor, then I might expect the power supply to be certified, but not the 12v compressor. There is likely an internal power supply with a UL or CE rating, like on my computer or 3D printer. - just guessing.

is it possible to see what this looks like without the cover ? does it look like a yong heng with a different paint job ?

I doubt it is anything like a Yong Heng. The sound while running is the giveaway that it's different. Odds are that it's made in China. Hatsan Sparks, Nomads, etc. all die prematurely under the extreme duress of producing high pressure air. I've never seen a portable 12V unit yet that has a good track record of reliability more than a year after introduction. Let the guinea pigs and bargain hunters buy it and watch the reviews after a year. No company has made a good affordable 12V compressor yet. 

Everybody loves their new compressor after the first fill. It's the feedback after a year or more in service that is important. Notice that no manufacturer of these compressors is willing to guarantee it more than one year.

For me, a compressor must fill SCBA tanks. It only takes a minute or less to fill a gun at the bench or in the field with the least hassle, which also includes tethering. However, this compressor doesn't have that target market in mind, and wasn't designed for that. For those that don't mind waiting or dealing with this type of filling method it sounds great. Hope it will live up to the claims for those folks. I think this is a good thing from Umarex that is needed!

If I had to guess, this new compressor is similar to the Xisco and the GX CS3 (sold on Amazon). The Xisco and GX CS3 both require external power supplies for AC. I suspect the Readyair internals are nearly the same, they just put the power supply into the case and upgraded to a digital display. I also agree, better to wait and see the feedback, especially for service and support. I am tempted to try the GX CS3 just because you have the option for the 3 or 4 year warranty thru amazon..

Is this available for purchase at this time????

I am tempted to try the GX CS3 just because you have the option for the 3 or 4 year warranty thru amazon..

Be sure and read the reviews of that Amazon warranty service before you decide to order one. It appears to be almost nonexistent. Money spent that does absolutely nothing.

Would it be possible to see a few pictures with the covers off????

I'm also interested in knowing more about the carbon "filter" that is supposed to remove water or to keep moisture from ending up in the airgun bottle.

Need more pictures and information please ! ! ! ! !

what does the carbon do with the water ? absorb it and become carbon paste ?

what happens when the carbon becomes saturated ? can it remove water from itself ?