The new HW35 Standard

Saw this posted on another forum and thought I would here for the HW35 fans. The 35 E hasn't been changed but from the post I saw, then looking myself, Weihrauch has gone stock changing yet again and given the 35 Standard a new one:
HW-35 Standard.jpg

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Well, sorry to disagree with you guys, but I think the new HW35 stock looks a little better than it's "plain jane" predecessor.

However, that said ... I would always buy the HW35E for an extra $50 or so ....

Weihrauch needs to get a new stock for the HW95 and HW80S.
The HW80S is supposed to have a new stock, but I've never heard of anyone actually owning one?

Well there is always someone who will like it i suppose but for me the only way to resurrect it would be to slim the forend down to take out the horrible concave section…then maybe slim the butt down …taking off that stuck out section with the recoil pad….
Then rub it down removing the chequering (the ugly shape of the stock only exceeded by the terrible look of the chequering) and maybe get it re done …or leave it ….

Last edited:
SO has any one tried this new stock , actually shouldered it ?might be very comfortable to shoot ?
I can't see it being worse then the old. The old feels / sholders more youth sized then adult on me . Now it looks near the same sizing as my gamo in witch i like it's fit to my sholder but some reason the hw it just seems small or somthing. Then it's far better then my hatsan 95 qe . Far better. Weird..?

Personly i think it looks fine anyway . And hw got a few models going that way it seems.

In the end if it shoots to or exceeds your satisfaction that all you can ask .

maybe something like this …

View attachment 304175
I would rather have that, than this:

Stock design should be beautiful and sleek ..it does not have to be this hard
Yes, Simple is always better ...
Weihrauch has always gone cheap on stocks vs. the metal work. There are exceptions, but not many. Most folks would rather have the older Goudy design championed by Beeman or anything Walnut.

I thinks everyone would agree, all Weihrauch Springers deserve a quality Walnut stock to do justice to their beautiful metalwork & design.
However, the European market has always gone for functionality vs. beauty.