The new HW35 Standard

Nice- They need to bring those round grips back, offer them on a few models.
Wish they would, I have one centerfire rifle with one of the rounded grips, more of a Prince-of Wales style, a long arch to the rip. A Swedish Husqvarna Model 46, cicra 1929, built on what is the Model 1896 Swedish Mauser action., Mine is in caliber 9.3x 57 Mauser, shoots bullets 230-270 Gr, not a high velocity long range round, but mild shooting and hard hitting. I have a C&R license and bought it on line about 15 years ago and it fits me and points like a nice sxs shotgun, the single leaf express style rear sight aligns to my eye quickly. Again not airgun related, but I have somewhat of a sister arm to the Husky, a Model 38 version of the old long M 96 Swedish Mauser. This one is a shorter full military version, made by Mauser Obendorf in Berlin for the Swedes in 1900 ( the receiver is date stamped as are all the Swedish Mausers) and it has a two digit serial number with all the numerous parts that are serial numbered match on this one. When the serial numbers passed 999 they only put the last three numbers on the smaller parts like barrel bands, trigger guards, ect, ect, 10-12 parts I think.

This is the Husky Model 46

Husqvarna-Model-46-Sporting-Rifle-9-3x57mm_101322608_19081_BEF382BEEB222924.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Zut
I took delivery of two hw35s from Krale two weeks ago. Both were the traditional stock design (i.e. without the contours on the forend and the buttstock) and the checkering instead of the groove. I'm keeping the .22 and will probably be selling the .177. After break-in, the .22 cronied at 635 fps with 14.3s, and the .177 at 800 fps with 8.3s, both with minimal shot to shot variation.

Curious what made you decide to keep the .22 over the .177. I also have both calibers and am not sure which one I’d keep if I had to choose.
I have two Watts-tuned R9s that cover the higher fps range, so the HW35 in .177 would be sort of redundant. I wanted a lower velocity .22 to make the reactive targets really dance, and the HW35 fits the bill perfectly.

Reactions: jccams
Some stunning stocks on here, i almost forgot HW did that rounded pistol grip version…stunning.
Surely HW need only look at their historical development to see how horrible these new stocks are and get back on track quickly.

Accepted stock design is surely like fine musical instruments….don't start changing things just for the sake of change after the standard has already been set eons ago..

Some stunning stocks on here, i almost forgot HW did that rounded pistol grip version…stunning.
Surely HW need only look at their historical development to see how horrible these new stocks are and get back on track quickly.

Accepted stock design is surely like fine musical instruments….don't start changing things just for the sake of change after the standard has already been set eons ago..
I generally agree, and wish someone would offer some of the older Tyrolean style stocks as an option.

Fwb did an upgrade, or change when they designed the stock on the new Sport model as compared to the old 124. They gave it ambidextrous capability, not quite as pretty as the lines of the old FWB 124 deluxe. plus the forearm extends a little further forward covering a lot of the barrel hinge area then the checkering(fish scale) on the forearm, otherwise same general line to the stock. I have a couple of the later model HW rifles, a 77 and 97KT and the downward swoop of the foreend tip does nothing for me, I think it would have looked better to have been straight then rounded on the actual tip, just my opinion, and I am thankful that my 77 does not have the "notched lower" on the buttstock as shown on their 97.

Reactions: Steveoo