The new H&N Hornet Pistol in .177 caliber

231215_Hornet Pistol 177 Forums.png
Christmas is surprisingly just around the corner and I wanted to take the last opportunity in this year to introduce you to a new product:

The H&N Hornet Pistol in .177 caliber

The H&N Hornet has enjoyed continued popularity among recreational shooters for several years. However, due to its length, it cannot be used in all airguns, especially not in the ever-popular CO2-operated pistols with rotary magazines. Moreover, the weight often prevents its use in relatively low-powered airguns.

This problem prompted us to revisit our drawing board and to make a shorter version. The body and tip both need to be adjusted so that the center of gravity is in the right place and the overall balance is right. In addition, the new pellet should continue to “work” in the target as usual. Finally, the smaller lead bodies and brass tips have to be fed flawlessly into the joining machine and put together.

With a maximum length of 5.35 mm, the new H&N Hornet Pistol fits seamlessly into any standard rotary magazine. The weight is reduced to 7.7 grains, making it suitable also for lower power airguns. And it is still a member of the Hornet family and thus packs a powerful punch with its brass tip and hollow point, ensuring easy penetration and controlled deformation on impact.

The first shops in Europe are already offering the H&N Hornet Pistol and there are more on a cargo ship halfway across the Atlantic.

That’s it from H&N for this year, dear airgun aficionados.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Jörg
H&N Sport

HornetPistol_45_WEB.png

👍

I'd of called them hornet "shorts" so a rifle guy don't think he can't use them as a pistol only ...lol.
Hmm, good point. We previously had a similar problem with the "Finale Match Pistol" competition pellet (now "Finale Match Light"). But now it's probably too late...🫣

Considering the current $23.99 price for a 225 count tin of the 9.57gr longer ones, I'll pass.
Would much rather see H&N come back out with a couple weights of .20 caliber wadcutters and do whatever it takes to bring back the very much liked and very much missed Sniper Light/Medium/Magnum line of pellets.

Considering the current $23.99 price for a 225 count tin of the 9.57gr longer ones, I'll pass.
Would much rather see H&N come back out with a couple weights of .20 caliber wadcutters and do whatever it takes to bring back the very much liked and very much missed Sniper Light/Medium/Magnum line of pellets.
The "Sniper" chapter is closed for ever. The machines (that we did not design ourselves) were a nightmare for every operator...

I simply extract the brass tip and press into my custom made .30cal slugs. Since H&N is not able to produce them in a .30cal, I decided to do it myself. And after all the brass tips are swapped, I have a tin of .25 H&N Hollow Points. A win win for me! Thanks to H&N ... your H&N Hornet .25 pellet just made it to a .30 slug ...and very accurate! Mucho Gracias

Last edited: