The new H&N Baracuda 15 – the “little brother” of the H&N Baracuda 18

Despite the extremely high utilization of our production capacity, we continue to work on new high performance pellets and slugs for the air gunners around the world. Now we have launched a new pellet: the H&N Baracuda 15.

Baracuda_15_WEB.1632299811.jpg

What’s the pellet's purpose? The H&N Baracuda 15 is an all-purpose pellet in .22 / 5.5 mm for longer distances – a pellet that’s perfect for target shooting, hunting and pest control. The H&N Baracuda 15 is slightly lighter than the H&N Baracuda 18 with a weight of 15.89 grain / 1.03 g, and thus also a perfect choice for sub-12 ft.lb air guns.

The pellet delivers excellent accuracy, and work well across a wide variety of air guns. Of course, they are manufactured in the low weight and dimensional tolerances for which H&N is known. The H&N Baracuda 15 is made in the common head size of 5.52 mm and packed in secure screw-on tins.

The pellet is available in the US at Pyramyd Air, other dealers will follow.

One last word: While Corona is slowly loosening its grip on us, the demand for our pellets and slugs remains exceptionally high. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your trust in the quality of our products and the loyalty to H&N - and your patience if our products are sometimes not available!

Best regards

Jörg

H&N Sport

Excellent! Jörg, question for you - are the 15/18 grain pellets pre-lubricated? (I haven't been able to find the 18's in stock yet).

No, not really. The pellets are gently freed from (most of) the lubricating fluid of the production process and are no further treated.

The Baracuda 18s are in stock at Pyramyd Air / Airgun Depot.

Best regards

Jörg

Are these from the same factory and molds as JSB pellets?

Hard not to ask this question as they are the exact same weight "15.89"

Also the 18.13 grain pellet.

If not then why choose the exact same weight as JSB?

Thanks!

Have you read any of the many threads on the problems many have encountered with inconsistencies(batch to batch, large variations within single tins, MK2s in MK1 labelled tins, etc...) of JSB pellets over the last year? 

Apparently, H&N has. Very nice to have an alternative. Hoping the competition will improve quality control of JSB pellets as a bonus.

Are these from the same factory and molds as JSB pellets?

Hard not to ask this question as they are the exact same weight "15.89"

Also the 18.13 grain pellet.

If not then why choose the exact same weight as JSB?

Thanks!

Yes, they are "exactly" the same weight (pun intended) but made by us of course.

We have been asked by many shooters to offer an alternative. Here it is.

Best regards

Jörg

I wish H&N would bring back the .177 Sniper Magnum 14.97gr. Yeah, I know they didn't sell well and got a lot of bad posts about them.

However, I found that they shoot remarkable well in my Benjamin Fortitude Gen2 that is tuned to shoot CPUM 10.5 @ ~750fps.

Yeah, they may not be good for higher powered tunes, but they were very good/accurate/precise at the lower end, <750fps, for me anyway.

Oh well... Thanks for listening. (smile)

Why are the 21gr pointed-type pellets called baracuda or baracuda match, and these domes are also called baracuda? Why? Besides that I've heard these shoot great!

That's a good question. Baracuda, Baracuda Match, Baracuda 15 and 18, Baracuda Power, Baracuda Green, Baracuda FT, Baracuda Light, ... and we also have the Baracuda Hunter and Baracuda Hunter Extremes, they don't have a round or pointed head at all! We are kind of obsessed with the name ...

Best regards

Jörg