The NEW FX Wildcat MKIII

In an unprecedented move from an airgun manufacturer, we are proud to both announce AND have available for immediate purchase, the new FX Wildcat MKIII.

1589968882_12224539495ec4fff251f126.33328028.jpg

The FX Wildcat is part of airgun royalty and considered the perfect bullpup; a rifle that was compact before compact became a buzzword in airguns. A perfectly balanced and ergonomically designed bullpup that defined the generation of bullpups that have followed in the footsteps of the original Wildcat. Now - with massive upgrades to better suit the modern airgunner, we are proud to introduce the FX Wildcat MKIII.

The improvements start inside the Wildcat’s main block. Using cutting edge engineering, FX has really pushed the boundaries of what can be accomplished with modern precision CNC machines. FX Airguns increased the plenum size and air flow of the Wildcat while also increasing the valving. The result of these changes to the airgun block give more flexibility, power and efficiency needed for shooters wanting greater versatility as well as the ability to projectiles other than pellets.

1589968955_21058366745ec5003b45f6d6.07587840.jpg

Power adjustments to the Wildcat MKIII are built around the new Rear Power Adjuster. This power adjuster is a breakthrough as it allows for both micro and macro power adjustments to the hammer spring. The rear power adjuster has 7 presets for the hammer, but the actual hammer tension can be adjusted more fully higher or lower using an Allen wrench through a hole found in the 8th position of the adjuster. This allows the Wildcat hammer to be fully adjusted in harmony with the externally adjustable AMP regulator. The Wildcat MKIII is a fully adjustable rifle that also now allows the ability to swap calibers and barrels quickly and easily much like the other modern FX rifles.

1589968967_13733378335ec500475c1e47.98855007.jpg

The Wildcat MKIII has also upgraded its magazine to allow the use of larger capacity magazines. The Wildcat now uses the standard Side-Shot magazine (as used on the FX Crown and FX Dreamline) to more than double its shot count over the MKII magazine.

The Wildcat MKIII comes in two variations: the Wildcat MKIII Compact and the Wildcat MKIII Sniper. The Compact has a 500mm barrel and a total overall length of just 26.75" (680mm). The Sniper, available in calibers .22 - .30, has the longer 700mm barrel, better suited for longer ranges, hybrid slugs and airgun slugs.

1589968981_17324179865ec50055320e50.91105569.jpg

Lastly, all Wildcat MKIIIs, will ship with the new FX Superior STX barrel liner. This barrel liner is a great leap forward in the Smooth Twist X barrel technology because it allows for a higher precision for both pellets and hybrid slugs.

For FX dealers found within the USA, the Wildcat MKIII will have as standard an upgraded picatinny scope rail (available in other regions as an upgrade option over the standard dovetail rail).

1589968999_823423235ec500670076b5.05587301.jpg

Contact your local FX Dealer for pricing and availability. FX dealers in the USA have the Wildcat MKIII in stock. Other regions either have the Wildcat MKIII in stock or will have it soon.

1589987091_12469574575ec54713153b04.17766921.jpg

A couple questions...

Does the picatinny scope rail have MOA built into it? Would users need to add thread locker on the hammer spring adjuster so velocity doesn't change? Good thing on it accepting Side-Shot magazines.

👌🏽

No need to use thread locker as there is a plastic/rubber piece holding it in place. No MOA built in the rail.

A couple questions...

Does the picatinny scope rail have MOA built into it? Would users need to add thread locker on the hammer spring adjuster so velocity doesn't change? Good thing on it accepting Side-Shot magazines.

1f44c-1f3fd.svg

No need to use thread locker as there is a plastic/rubber piece holding it in place. No MOA built in the rail.

Thanks 

This is why I get pissed when people talk smack on FX. Their R&D is well funded and they obviously invest their profits into further innovating and creating new products that the customers want. No other manufacturer out there is doing what FX is doing on this scale. No one else comes close it seems to me [I'm talking big shop- like air arms, weihrauch, bsa, ataman], With the exception of Brocock/Daystate, the other european gunmakers don't seem interested in adapting to the wants and need of the US market. The only fault I see with FX is giving us too many quality products to choose from and making us part with our happy bucks to buy them.

Minor point, In the above specs it states, the "optics rail" as "dovetail".

Will the .22 compact give 60 shots at 40ftlb?, if so great, if not then if I may I shall use an analogy, to explain my gripe.

In motor car adverts we get top speed and MPG, but for MPG we get, " MPG at a constant 56mph" ect, it may be more honest if you stated max shots at a certain power level, rather that just max power and max shots.

ps, it also states fill pressure as 230bar, I have watched another (excellent) review, where it was reported that the fill pressure had increased to 250bar.

Me again, I thinking I am not making any friends here, however.

Compact, 500mm barrel, overall length 26.75 inch 

Sniper , 700mm barrel, overall length 37.75

that is 11 inch's longer overall for only 7.87 inch (200mm) extra barrel.

Is that an extra 3" of shroud on the Sniper, if so that seem the reverse of what I would expect.

Are these figure correct, or has something been lost in translation

I fear I am setting myself up for a slap down.

Still a very nice Rifle though.