American Air Arms The new Evol HPS. How lucky am I to get to test such a thing?

Ok so

Tom had this rifle tuned before I got it. He sent it field used. So barrel needed to be cleaned, I needed to zero it, etc.

So I put it in my jeep and let the rifle acclimate to the 23* we had today.

View attachment 409553

I packed the rest of my stuff up and headed down to the range. Once there I took a few glamor shots and set up my shooting area.

View attachment 409554View attachment 409555View attachment 409556View attachment 409557

Once I had everything setup I hooked my bottle up and let it slowly fill to 4000 psi, new fill pressure on the hps models is 4500psi but my tank didn't have that much in it.

While I waited for it to fill I decided to clean the barrel, it was filthy, pics show all.

View attachment 409559View attachment 409560View attachment 409561View attachment 409562
Nice Evol!
I see you have a protective bag around your carbon fiber tank, with pockets.
Could I get a link, or is that custom made?
Thanks in advance.

Tom puts all his time and money into the product.
Well that's great and everything but it would be nice to have an updated webpage with all the new things he's doing. I know if I'm spending 2600 for a rifle I would like to research it a little by the company that actually makes it. When is AoA going to start carrying the new version?

Reactions: peebrainz
Well that's great and everything but it would be nice to have an updated webpage with all the new things he's doing. I know if I'm spending 2600 for a rifle I would like to research it a little by the company that actually makes it. When is AoA going to start carrying the new version?

An owners manual would be nice too — even just a pdf version…

An owners manual would be nice too — even just a pdf version…
These are things he's working on. Toms a boutique shop building small batch top of the line product.

If his user base and product can't speak enough to a consumer then the products probably not for that consumer ....

Reactions: EDventure
These are things he's working on. Toms a boutique shop building small batch top of the line product.

If his user base and product can't speak enough to a consumer then the products probably not for that consumer ....
I started to type a similar response to this same effect yesterday. #spoton

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I started to type a similar response to this same effect yesterday. #spoton
I explained to another airgunner how little Evols there are in comparison to an Impact M3 , Panthera, or even Brococks.

Their eyes opened wide as if I was speaking a foreign language , I said no, seriously, there are probably less American Air Arms rifles around the world from the inception of A A A (I think 7 years ago) than FX sold Pantheras in their first month of sales.

Well probably good not to advertise if he can't meet the demand
Ah because that makes a whole lot of sense.

If I Kevin only have the capacity to build 5 beautiful american made chairs a year , I should keep them locked away , behind closed doors for nobodies eyes to see because I can only supply 5 people with chairs and not 6?

See how that works :)

Any word on whether these changes will be adapted to the evol mini?
Yes they will be avaliable for the older models.

I was able to get one of the external regs and adjuster as well as the plenum extension into my Paradigm. The threads are the same and everything will fit. When it comes to the new hammer system I don't think it will work, as it is designed differently from the stock. There is a small window on the left side of the rifle where you can see the hammer tension. I am not sure if there is an option to omit that "window" and allow the system to work in the older rifles.

The HPS30 is a DREAM to shoot! When shooting the HPS30 and my Paradigm side by side you are really able to feel the difference in the cocking weight and smoothness. The new system that Tom has in these rifles is amazing, and the weight to pull back a hammer to launch a 44 grain pellet at close to 1000 fps feels like nothing. My son had zero issues ripping off rounds quickly and accurately out to 100 yards with the HPS30.
20231216_143020.jpg

Last edited:
Well probably good not to advertise if he can't meet the demand
Its hard to meet the demand when he is a small shop not cranking out the numbers say FX is. BUT one huge difference is that you can get ahold of Tom for any issues, and you can be confident that the rifle will work CORRECTLY when you take it out of the box. There really isn't anything you will need to upgrade when you get a rifle from Tom. Not like an FX M3 where you need a carbon sleeve, a new regulator, a different liner, etc etc etc. The AAA line of rifles are ROCK solid. About the only other rifle that I have used that is of the same robustness would be my EdGun R5M's. These guns just flat out work!

Reactions: drsquall